Hispanics in the industry

SuperGamera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By SuperGamera

I have to do a project in Spanish class about a famous hispanic person. Could somebody give me a list of some Hispanic people who work with comics.

bag_o_x_men

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By bag_o_x_men

Ken Lopez  is a writer for DC  of Mexican descent.
Ed and Mariah Benes are artists for Marvel and DC and some others.  They are Brazilian.
Joe Quesada  Marvel editor, formerly editor-in-chief.  I believe he's of Cuban descent.
I'm sure there are lots more.  I believe there's a list of artist, writers, creators, etc... on here and they should all have their own pages.  hope this helps.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@bag_o_x_men said:
"Joe Quesada  Marvel editor, formerly editor-in-chief.  I believe he's of Cuban descent. "
Might not want to include this guy in your project, TC.
Avatar image for turoksonofstone
turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

#4  Edited By turoksonofstone
@SuperGamera: 
Alex Shomburg is your man. Puerto-Rican Golden Age Timely Cover Artist. Info on the Vine and elsewhere should be easy to find.
bag_o_x_men

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By bag_o_x_men
@JediXMan: 
Why not?  He's hispanic and is one of the most successful people in the industry.  Just curious as to your reasons.
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@bag_o_x_men said:
" @JediXMan:  Why not?  He's hispanic and is one of the most successful people in the industry.  Just curious as to your reasons. "
I was partially making a joke, but myself and multiple people hate the man. Not personally, of course. I don't even know the man. But I hate a lot of what he's done. One More Day comes to mind.
bag_o_x_men

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By bag_o_x_men
@JediXMan: 
Gotcha.  I agree. I love a lot of what he's done, but also hate a lot as well, especially in the last 5 years or so.
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@bag_o_x_men said:
" @JediXMan:  Gotcha.  I agree. I love a lot of what he's done, but also hate a lot as well, especially in the last 5 years or so. "
Yeah, mostly in the last five years. He did bring Marvel back up around 2000, I believe. It's just when he gets involved in actually creating comic books or having a say in the stories is when there's a problem. Same for George Lucas.