inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
No Caption Provided

In advance of San Diego Comic-Con 2016, Valiant is proud to announce that Hillary Clinton, the Democratic Party's presumptive nominee for President of the United States, will join forces with Faith "Zephyr" Herbert on November 2nd in FAITH #5 – a history-making, 48-page election special teaming the leading female hero in comics today with the first female nominee from a major political party for a special tale written by comics legend Louise Simonson with art by FAITH's own Pere Perez!

On November 2nd, just days before Election Day 2016, legendary writer Louise Simonson and Harvey Award-nominated artist Pere Perez present history in the making with a presidential milestone like no other! Faith Herbert, star of the highest selling independent superhero debut of 2016, is a shining beacon of optimism in a challenging world. Her day job as a blogger and journalist is about to bring Faith face to face with Democratic Presidential nominee Hillary Clinton…but it's her daring alter ego as Los Angeles' leading superhero that will have to save the day when a new threat emerges to imperil a pivotal moment that has all of America watching!

“[Faith] is so positive and she’s very much what I think a hero should be,” writer Louise Simonson toldThe Washington Post. “I wrote Superman for a while and — she’s almost in her soul, she is like the female Superman. [Writer Jody Houser]’s work is wonderful on this book, but I was glad they would let me play just a little bit in this particular sandbox.”

"There is no other character in comics quite like Faith, and it's no surprise that she has captured imaginations worldwide to become the leading superhero of 2016," said Valiant Publisher Fred Pierce. "Valiant's mission has always been to reflect the reality around us through the lens of comic book storytelling. Faith is the perfect embodiment of a comic book character that dares to defy the traditional norms of who or what a hero can be. That's a message that can resonate with anyone, anywhere, at any time and has taken on even greater significance as America prepares for a historic election this November."

Plus, also coming in the oversized, 48-page FAITH #5 election special: Faith's adventures continue with an all-new lead story by the ongoing creative team of writer Jody Houser (Orphan Black) and new series artists Meghan Hetrick (Red Thorn) and Marguerite Sauvage (DC Comics Bombshells), as well an exclusive prelude to HARBINGER RENEGADES #1 – featuring the long-awaited return of Faith's beloved superteam – by writer Rafer Roberts (A&A: THE ADVENTURES OF ARCHER & ARMSTRONG) and Eisner Award-winning artist Colleen Doran (The Sandman)!

With covers by Eisner Award-winning superstar Paolo Rivera (THE VALIANT, Daredevil), Harvey Award nominee Clayton Henry (SAVAGE), new ongoing FAITH interior artist Meghan Hetrick(Uncanny Avengers), and more, join an all-star cast of Valiant's greatest talents on November 2nd inFAITH #5 as the leading heroine in comics today joins forces with Hillary Clinton for a landmark comics event!

Created by former Marvel Editor-in-Chief Jim Shooter (Secret Wars) and Eisner Award-winning writer and artist David Lapham (Stray Bullets) in Valiant’s acclaimed HARBINGER series in 1992, Faith has long been a central icon of Valiant’s award-winning publishing line. Then, in January 2016, Faith took her long-awaited, much-demanded first step toward solo stardom with FAITH #1 (of 4) – a groundbreaking debut that quickly became the first and biggest breakout hit of the New Year from any major comics publisher. In the months since, Faith’s first solo adventure has garnered near-universal critical acclaim; generated attention from a host of international media outlets, including The Atlantic, The A.V. Club, Cosmopolitan, The Guardian, The Hollywood Reporter, The Huffington Post, The Independent, MTV, The New York Times, NPR, PBS Newshour, People, Seventeen, Today, Vox, The Washington Post, and dozens more; and become the first series of 2016 to reach a much-vaunted fifth printing – making it one of only a handful of hit series in the past decade to achieve that pivotal benchmark of fan and commercial demand.

Faith's unprecedented streak of history-making achievements continues this Wednesday, July 20th with the release of her first ongoing series in the all-new FAITH #1 – a first issue that has already rocketed onward to become the highest selling superhero debut of the year from any independent publisher in the industry today.

An award-winning writer and editor with more than 40 years of experience, Louise Simonson is one of the most respected and tenured female creators in comics history. With lengthy and acclaimed runs on some of comics' most influential series, including New Mutants, Superman: The Man of Steel, and X-Factor, Simonson has co-created a host of enduring characters, including Apocalypse, Cable, and Power Pack for Marvel Entertainment and Doomsday and Steel for DC Entertainment. FAITH #5 will be her first work for Valiant Entertainment.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Literally cringed at the title.

Can we please not. Like I defended this book an everything.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

AWWW YEAH! Faith V Hilary! Faith is gonna wreck!

Hound_of_War

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

So is Trump going to visit Archer & Armstrong?

xblah_blahx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So is Faith gonna take her into space and rip her in half like Sentry did to Carnage. That would be the only sensible outcome to this story.

JJ_Was_Here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope Faith strongly berates HC for all her wrongdoings and then sends her to jail.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've always been a fan of Weezie's work but...

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 the_stegman  Moderator

I thought this was Faith from Buffy...

wowlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If she helps Hillary... then she is not ''superman in spirit'' or anything. Superman wouldn't help a criminal. If anything she should put Hillary in jail and kick Trump out of US so more 'Sane' candidates should come up.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#11  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

Hillary Clinton is a brother Nero.

this comic must be DELETED!!!!!!!!!!!!

~MiB

Doc-Holiday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

Guess I won't be supporting this series anymore

Doc-Holiday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So is Faith gonna take her into space and rip her in half like Sentry did to Carnage. That would be the only sensible outcome to this story.

This ^

NukeA6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just another reason to avoid this comic. As if having a serious landwhale superhero weren't bad enough.

Wandering_Wand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hillary Clinton doesn't deserve anymore attention, of any kind. Stuff like this makes me cringe.

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Like anyone wants to see that bobblehead in a comic.

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mixing comics and politics is dangerous, I remember Gail Simone's 99 series.

Avatar image for earthsmightiest
EarthsMightiest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No suprise, Bill was always a chubby chaser.

harlequinreala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought this was Faith from Buffy...

Hahaha! Please tell us how disappointed you are.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 the_stegman  Moderator
Slayz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

chaos911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Literally cringed at the title.

Can we please not. Like I defended this book an everything.

Doc-Holiday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nothing like a well-off politician who hasn't even had to drive a car since 1996 and took money from Saudi Arabia standing next to a super hero, they'll have so much in common; one goes out and actually fights crime, the other rants on television about how to fix the world

incursion2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really -__-

TheSpoiler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

d9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

So is Trump going to visit Archer & Armstrong?

I think Trump would get along better in a team-up with Toyo Harada. They could be buds. Personally I'd prefer to see a Trump vs XO Manowar book though :p

ThePreface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh 2/10. Would buy if Bernie were on the cover.

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have no faith in this issue.

ha!

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#30  Edited By NightFang3

Lol-ing at all the butt hurt. This is the same thing the comic industry did when Obama won, we'll probably be seeing Hillary in a lot in comics.

Doc-Holiday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doc-Holiday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nightfang3: Yeah but Hillary hasn't won, she is actually losing her lead right now. So if she does lose, this comic will just show for what it is, a cheap cash grab and if she does win, it will be a tiny victory for Valiant but hardly worth it.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doc-holiday: Hillary my be low now, but Trump will say something stupid again that'll either make people vote for her to avoid having a racist idiot in charge or simply stay at home and not vote.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

Jesus

Doc-Holiday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Doc-Holiday

@nightfang3 said:

@doc-holiday: Hillary my be low now, but Trump will say something stupid again that'll either make people vote for her to avoid having a racist idiot in charge or simply stay at home and not vote.

Highly doubtful. He has tempered his speech a lot and the recent events that Hillary has been incredibly soft on have really helped his campaign since he has been incredibly hard on acts of violence and terrorism while she mostly tells people to be more tolerant and wags her finger at others as though it was their fault.

She called what happened with Alton Sterling a miscarriage of justice; the guy had a warrant out as an unregistered sex offender, for his arrest, he carried an illegal fire arm and brandished it at someone, he struggled against police and his arms were at his side, all of this led to the police shooting him. He wasn't a saint but whenever this happens, the media and Hillary spin it as though the police got out of their car and blew his brains out and then gave each other high-fives and danced around his corpse.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

hmmmm

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By NightFang3

@doc-holiday said:

@nightfang3 said:

Highly doubtful. He has tempered his speech a lot and the recent events that Hillary has been incredibly soft on have really helped his campaign since he has been incredibly hard on acts of violence and terrorism while she mostly tells people to be more tolerant and wags her finger at others as though it was their fault.

She called what happened with Alton Sterling a miscarriage of justice; the guy had a warrant out as an unregistered sex offender, for his arrest, he carried an illegal fire arm and brandished it at someone, he struggled against police and his arms were at his side, all of this led to the police shooting him. He wasn't a saint but whenever this happens, the media and Hillary spin it as though the police got out of their car and blew his brains out and then gave each other high-fives and danced around his corpse.

Just a few weeks ago Trump was saying a judge couldn't rule on his case because he's Mexican and patted himself on the back for calling the Orlando nightclub shooting. The man is a scumbag who probably get nothing done and get us in even more debt if he wins. The truth is we need a good finger wagging because a lot of us overreact to tragedies and we'll listen too anybody who promise to keep them safe.

Non of that matters because the cop who shoot him didn't know Alton Sterling and i'm of the mind that's all lies just to make the police look better for shooting a guy in a car who was fallowing the officers orders because they do this with every black man they kill.

Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

When I saw the preview originally I thought to myself something just feels bad. Now I know why.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Mods should do something about some of the hateful content in this thread about Hilary. One thing is to not like a person, but it's another thing to make really tasteless comments about someone you don't like.

Edamame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LOL

Wow.

Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doc-Holiday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doc-holiday said:

@nightfang3 said:

Just a few weeks ago Trump was saying a judge couldn't rule on his case because he's Mexican and patted himself on the back for calling the Orlando nightclub shooting. The man is a scumbag who probably get nothing done and get us in even more debt if he wins. The truth is we need a good finger wagging because a lot of us overreact to tragedies and we'll listen too anybody who promise to keep them safe.

Non of that matters because the cop who shoot him didn't know Alton Sterling and i'm of the mind that's all lies just to make the police look better for shooting a guy in a car who was fallowing the officers orders because they do this with every black man they kill.

That's BS, the guy in the car whose girlfriend shot that video, he was a potential suspect in an armed robbery and the officer told him repeatedly not to reach behind him.

I love how Hillary jumps on the police and society for those 2 morons but what about Tyshawn Lee? He was taken from a playground and shot in the head multiple times because he was related to an a gang member from an opposing gang. Where is the outrage over his death? You don't see Hillary talking about the thousands of people who die because of gang violence but she is all too happy to talk about the few dozen who die from police, which is a mixture of justified and unjustified action all lumped into one.

Doc-Holiday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134: Freedom of speech. Shillary isn't a presidential candidate, she couldn't even do the job of secretary of state correctly.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

Avatar image for deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99
deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers