Hey Batman Fans.....

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By novi_homines

I recently realized something. After beating Arkham City again and re-watching Year One, Under the Red Hood, and Justice League Doom, I realized that batman is a BADASS! And I like him. Then I began to think why I don't follow him as much as I should, it didn't take me long to get an answer. Its because of one thing and one thing only, Batman fans.

I've had too many altercations with batman fans who think batman is the best at everything, and can beat anyone. Those who would go as far as saying batman is unbeatable with prep, to seriously saying he can beat the likes of wonder woman, Dr. Strange, and other elite heroes without any known weaknesses.

And thats only a fraction of batman fans. The others, and even more annoying ones are the Nolanites. For the most part they know nothing of Batman the comic book character, its all about the dark knight trilogy. Whenever I say that I enjoyed Avengers more than the Dark Knight Rises, I know that a lynching will soon follow. And whenever I try to ask them what makes TDKR more "sophisticated" than the Avengers (common argument), they can't seem to state any reasons. Not knowing the elements that make a movie sophisticated, so they just call me stupid.

These two groups of Batman have frustrated for a while now, but i've come to realize that all batman fans are not like this. Anger from these people must have also been attached to batman the character, unjustly. So I guess i've avoided being a fan of the character to prevent myself from turning into one of these groups of people. But now i've come to the point where I want to give the character a chance. For those still reading, i'm guessing you are cool batman fans who haven't stormed off in rage to reply with insults towards me. So to you I ask this question, which batman comics are your favorites? I would greatly appreciate your opinions. Thanks a bunch.

-Novi

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

@novi_homines: Yeah. About 5 (?) years ago, I tended to read exclusively Batman comics. But when Nolanites started emerging after The Dark Knight, I don't know why, but I started to like Batman less - which is why I then branched out to read other titles. The reason for me doing that wasn't great, I admit, but the fact that it got me to read othr characters was awesome...so thank you Nolanites? lol

ANYWAY, as for your question, my favourite stories are, in no particular order:

- The Long Halloween

- Dark Victory

- Court of Owls

- Hush

...if you want, you can check out a list that the community did last year, where loads of us made a list of our favourite Batman stories: link

FalconPuuunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By FalconPuuunch

My favorite Batman stories.

- The Black Mirror

- Death of the Family

- Arkham Asylum (Not really like the game, but the art and writing is done really well)

- The Dark Knight Returns

- Year One

If you wanted to check out CV's Top 100 Batman story arcs list, here it is.

http://www.comicvine.com/profile/the_poet/blog/comic-vines-top-100-batman-universe-stories/79521/

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@novi_homines: Yeah. About 5 (?) years ago, I tended to read exclusively Batman comics. But when Nolanites started emerging after The Dark Knight, I don't know why, but I started to like Batman less - which is why I then branched out to read other titles. The reason for me doing that wasn't great, I admit, but the fact that it got me to read othr characters was awesome...so thank you Nolanites? lol

ANYWAY, as for your question, my favourite stories are, in no particular order:

- The Long Halloween

- Dark Victory

- Court of Owls

- Hush

...if you want, you can check out a list that the community did last year, where loads of us made a list of our favourite Batman stories: link

Thanks alot!

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Lol you just realized Batman is a Badass? Anyways my favorite story arcs are:

Hush

Knightfall

Court of owls

Year One

Charetter115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman could beat some earlier versions of Wonder Woman given he has prep. I am talking like, golden age Wonder Woman. But many people, like me, say Batman could win as a joke. There is no way he beats Dr.Strange. And Batman vs Superman is a completely unfair fight. Also, I enjoyed TDKR more than Avengers, because it built a stronger plot IMO. Also, I dislike Loki which probably biased my opinion. But how is it stupid to like the Avengers more? I don't know; They're both great. Also, try New 52 Batman. It is great.

Also, I am not trying to justify Batman Fanboys in this post, so please don't view it that way.

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Don't let a few rabid fanboys put you off. Really most people who like Batman aren't like that.

Killing Joke is another one,which I am surprised no one has mentioned.

Loki9876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

You are right batman is awesome but his fanboys are annoying and I liked the Avengers more than TDKR.
anyhow

I haven't read all the old ones yet,
I read Hush and killing joke.
of the modern ones I like the court of owls and the black mirror (a Dick Grayson story) a lot

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@novi_homines: you are not alone OP. I try to avoid those Battards any day of the week and specially Nolanites.

they really piss me off because they only know Batman from TDK trilogy and seem to think that that's what Bats is all about and that's who he is and the movies are the greatest ever. It's like every time I talk about other comic book movies, specially the MCUniverse, they look at me like Im some kind of pleb who knows nothing about movies & super heroes/comics. that pisses me off, I admit I ain't the most knowledgeable guy on movies and I know stuff about comics as I read them but I'm not the king, but it kinda hurts ya know...

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By novi_homines

@jorgevy said:

@novi_homines: you are not alone OP. I try to avoid those Battards any day of the week and specially Nolanites.

they really piss me off because they only know Batman from TDK trilogy and seem to think that that's what Bats is all about and that's who he is and the movies are the greatest ever. It's like every time I talk about other comic book movies, specially the MCUniverse, they look at me like Im some kind of pleb who knows nothing about movies & super heroes/comics. that pisses me off, I admit I ain't the most knowledgeable guy on movies and I know stuff about comics as I read them but I'm not the king, but it kinda hurts ya know...

Exactly. Surprising that more people feel this way. Guess i'm not the only one.

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman could beat

some earlier versions

of Wonder Woman given he has prep. I am talking like, golden age Wonder Woman. But many people, like me, say Batman could win

as a joke

. There is no way he beats Dr.Strange. And Batman vs Superman is a completely unfair fight. Also, I enjoyed TDKR more than Avengers, because it built a stronger plot IMO. Also, I dislike Loki which probably biased my opinion. But how is it stupid to like the Avengers more? I don't know; They're both great. Also, try New 52 Batman. It is great.

Also, I am not trying to justify Batman Fanboys in this post, so please don't view it that way.

no question. I get that, and it truly is funny.

Dabee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Dabee

@novi_homines:

You've just unleashed a swarm of impending rage in insulting Batman fans, but what you said had to be said. It had to be done. Anyway, on to which comics are my favorite:

I really like Year One (which is a great starting point for anyone,) and Grant Morrison and Scott Snyder's run. (To name a few.)

Also, are you saying that you think the Nolan movies are crap, or are you just saying you don't like the fans that obsess ONLY about them? I like Batman comics, movies, etc. But I still thought the Nolan movies were great.

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By End_Boss

BUT BATMIN BET AL.

BEHRTMERN.

BURTMURN.

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dabee said:

@novi_homines:

You've just unleashed a swarm of impending rage in insulting Batman fans, but what you said had to be said. It had to be done. Anyway, on to which comics are my favorite:

I really like Year One (which is a great starting point for anyone,) and Grant Morrison and Scott Snyder's run. (To name a few.)

Also, are you saying that you think the Nolan movies are crap, or are you just saying you don't like the fans that obsess ONLY about them? I like Batman comics, movies, etc. But I still thought the Nolan movies were great.

Lol Of course the Nolan movies weren't crap, I thoroughly enjoyed them. And thanks for the reply and feedback.

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By novi_homines

@end_boss said:

BUT BATMIN BET AL.

BEHRTMERN.

BURTMURN.

LOL!

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By lilben42

Agreed 100% I always liked Batman though.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c0a49ad1c665
deactivated-5c0a49ad1c665

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah hail nenadarthalo batman suckkkks

Blades24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers