Heroes Powers

Titan3510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Titan3510

Feel free to discuss the powers shown in Heroes, their unshown power levels, what they can possibly do with thier wonderful abilities, and how would they hold up fighting a Marvel or DC character if they had the proper experience and skill.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By The_Ghostshell

The Haitian is badass. Thats all I got.

Night Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Night Elf

Gambler says:

"The Haitian is badass. Thats all I got. "
Very true, but I like Hiro's powers the best.
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Night Elf says:

"Gambler says:
"The Haitian is badass. Thats all I got. "
Very true, but I like Hiro's powers the best."

I like Future Hiro, the other version, not so much. As far as powers go, Silar is one of my favs. I love watching him collect powers :P

Avatar image for legendary_bio_vishanti
Legendary Bio Vishanti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like Graviton's power.

Vulcanmax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Vulcanmax

Peter, accessing any of his past absorbed power templates. with it the more freguently he uses it the better he becomes at wielding said power.

Further he does this by only being around a person completely unconscious.

DL Phasing was pretty neat too

Avatar image for akira_overdrive
Akira Overdrive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By Akira Overdrive

I heard theres a guy like Synch on there,is that true

Titan3510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Titan3510
NiteFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By NiteFly

Elemental says:

"Akira Overdrive says:
"I heard theres a guy like Synch on there,is that true"

Yeah. His name is Peter. To catch up visit NBC Heroes to watch episodes - http://www.nbc.com/Heroes/ and go to Wikipedia to read his article - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Petrelli to get the full lowdown."

Oh no you did not. Do you realize just where you are? Did you just suggest a wikipedia page for something that has a page here on the vine?

" />http://www.comicvine.com/peter-petrelli/47678/

It's OK everyone. Nothing to see here. Please just ignore the previous post and go about your lives.

Post Edited:2007-11-13 22:41:54
Akira Overdrive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Akira Overdrive

Elemental says:

"Akira Overdrive says:
"I heard theres a guy like Synch on there,is that true"

Yeah. His name is Peter. To catch up visit NBC Heroes to watch episodes - http://www.nbc.com/Heroes/ and go to Wikipedia to read his article - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Petrelli to get the full lowdown."

Hes cool,it woulda been cooler if he was black though lol

Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Sling Shot

I don't like Peter's omni/copy ability, I don't like redundant abilities but heritage seems the reason, Nightmare man/Cop(telepathy). Other than that I like DL (phasing), Bob(alchemy), Monica (copycat), Micah (extremis), The Haitian ( power cancellation, memory erase;though it doesn't seem connected enough), Silar (micromorph), Nathan (flight) and so on.

Akira Overdrive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Akira Overdrive

Alchemy?I gotta start watching this show man,does anyone have the link for Bob?

Tevnoba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Tevnoba

I'll agree that for most detail and all impartiality Wiki sucks great big donkey scrotums. However, for a brief and simple review of a topic it is not a bad place to start (Except with anything to do with comics)

D-Mon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By D-Mon

Sling Shot says:

"I don't like Peter's omni/copy ability, I don't like redundant abilities but heritage seems the reason, Nightmare man/Cop(telepathy). Other than that I like DL (phasing), Bob(alchemy), Monica (copycat), Micah (extremis), The Haitian ( power cancellation, memory erase;though it doesn't seem connected enough), Silar (micromorph), Nathan (flight) and so on."
Bob's power isn't alchemy it's transmutation, the ability to change one element into another. That's why he runs all the money because he turns it into gold.
Post Edited:2007-11-13 22:39:57
Titan3510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Titan3510

Sling Shot says:

"I don't like Peter's omni/copy ability, I don't like redundant abilities but heritage seems the reason, Nightmare man/Cop(telepathy). Other than that I like DL (phasing), Bob(alchemy), Monica (copycat), Micah (extremis), The Haitian ( power cancellation, memory erase;though it doesn't seem connected enough), Silar (micromorph), Nathan (flight) and so on."

Haitian's powers are connected. He is psychic. The power negation is mental, his ability to psychically cause pain and erase and modify memories are evident, and he has total recall, because when Mohinder confronted him about remembering something he stated that memory is not an issue for him. He seems to be able to restore his own memories, being like an elephant.

Why don't you like Peter's power mimicry. It's emotion-based so if he gets overloaded with abilities or when his emotions run away with him like fear it's when he cannot control them anymore. His power requires fine control over emotions and thoughts since he got overloaded with just Mendez and Claude by thinking about them emotionally when he first discovered his recall aspect. I like how Matt's powes work. I was getting very bored and annoyed with limited mind reading.

What is a micromorph. And a extremis.

Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Sling Shot

Elemental says:

"Sling Shot says:
Haitian's powers are connected. He is psychic. The power negation is mental, his ability to psychically cause pain and erase and modify memories are evident, and he has total recall, because when Mohinder confronted him about remembering something he stated that memory is not an issue for him. He seems to be able to restore his own memories, being like an elephant. Why don't you like Peter's power mimicry. It's emotion-based so if he gets overloaded with abilities or when his emotions run away with him like fear it's when he cannot control them anymore. His power requires fine control over emotions and thoughts since he got overloaded with just Mendez and Claude by thinking about them emotionally when he first discovered his recall aspect. I like how Matt's powes work. I was getting very bored and annoyed with limited mind reading. What is a micromorph. And a extremis."

I think that THe Haitian's abilities are still somewhat vague in operations, the mechanics of how they operate.I know the mechanics have'nt been explored on many characters. I do like The emotion aspect of Pete's power thats what makes it bearable, but I think recently they have doe a poor job of showcasing that aspect of the power. It seems like he can just do everything.

By micromorph I hypothesized that Sylar needs to see to the mechanisms in the brain of his victim to replicate the form he views through a finetuned shapeshifting of his organnelles, but it could be more esoteric than that. Extremis is Iron man's super ability to communicate and command technology.

Titan3510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Titan3510

Micah's technopathy is much more focused and concentrated than extremis. I disagree with Sylar's powers. Remember his original ability is seeing how things work by taking it apart. Their powers are all in the brain. He looks at it, analyzing it, mentally taking it apart before doing something that involves the victim being dead with no brain that ends with him getting their ability. His powers aren't clear enough. Operation and mechanics.

Recently, the emotion thing has not been obviously implied but it has been implied. Like when he took himself and Caitlin to NYC, months into the future, was because he was curious and unsure, feelings he felt when he first met Future Hiro and then regular Hiro. Frustration when he began painting because Isaac was still a heroin addict despite him helping. The list goes on.

Akira Overdrive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Akira Overdrive

D-Mon says:

"Sling Shot says:
Bob's power isn't alchemy it's transmutation, the ability to change one element into another. That's why he runs all the money because he turns it into gold.
Post Edited:2007-11-13 22:39:57"

Well gimmie a link

Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Sling Shot

Elemental says:

"Micah's technopathy is much more focused and concentrated than extremis. I disagree with Sylar's powers. Remember his original ability is seeing how things work by taking it apart. Their powers are all in the brain. He looks at it, analyzing it, mentally taking it apart before doing something that involves the victim being dead with no brain that ends with him getting their ability. His powers aren't clear enough. Operation and mechanics. Recently, the emotion thing has not been obviously implied but it has been implied. Like when he took himself and Caitlin to NYC, months into the future, was because he was curious and unsure, feelings he felt when he first met Future Hiro and then regular Hiro. Frustration when he began painting because Isaac was still a heroin addict despite him helping. The list goes on."

Good points but I think your explanation of Sylar is almost identical to my own. if not point out to me where they differ.
Post Edited:2007-11-13 23:06:15

Titan3510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Titan3510

I guess you're right. But I wouldn't quite call him a micromorph. I just call it tactile telekinesis but a more subtle, self-manipulative form. That also explains why that when studied by Bennet and the Company the only power he has is shown to be telekinesis which was a stolen ability. Since when Sylar got Brian Davis' telekinetic power it just amplified his own TTK to where he can full-blown and a more powerful form of telekinesis.

Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Sling Shot

Elemental says:

"I guess you're right. But I wouldn't quite call him a micromorph. I just call it tactile telekinesis but a more subtle, self-manipulative form. That also explains why that when studied by Bennet and the Company the only power he has is shown to be telekinesis which was a stolen ability. Since when Sylar got Brian Davis' telekinetic power it just amplified his own TTK to where he can full-blown and a more powerful form of telekinesis."

NIce hypothesis and functionally identical to my oen, micromorph or self ttk, same results.

Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Sling Shot

Elemental says:

"I guess you're right. But I wouldn't quite call him a micromorph. I just call it tactile telekinesis but a more subtle, self-manipulative form. That also explains why that when studied by Bennet and the Company the only power he has is shown to be telekinesis which was a stolen ability. Since when Sylar got Brian Davis' telekinetic power it just amplified his own TTK to where he can full-blown and a more powerful form of telekinesis."

NIce hypothesis and functionally identical to my own, micromorph or self ttk, same results.

D-Mon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By D-Mon

Akira Overdrive says:

"D-Mon says:
"Sling Shot says:
Post Edited:2007-11-13 22:39:57"
Well gimmie a link"

Here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_%28Heroes%29

D-Mon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By D-Mon

Post Deleted.

Titan3510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Titan3510

Why are you people posting things twice.

Anyway, let's talk Nikki and her powers.