waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Edited By waezi2

Endeavor is not a good man.

I don’t have to explain why Shoto Todoroki’s father is a bastard. That point has been hammered in by now.

But he is the sort of bastard the world needs. In some twisted way, the world needs more men(and women) like him.

The latest chapter of Hero Academia had this page:

No Caption Provided

It illustrates a man trying to reach an unachievable goal despite it being ridiculously impossible to do so.

But know what I find extremely interesting about this page? It shows us that Endeavor was the only one who really tried to surpass All Might. And honestly, I find it somewhat saddening that no one else have.

Sure, logically, it would be stupid to ever try and reach All Might’s level. He is the perfect hero: Brave, kind, powerful, the whole package. He is the guy who would take a bullet for you and it would matter since he has the raw strength to back up his heroic spirit. No one could ever hope to get anywhere near the standards of the symbol of peace.

But now he can't fight anymore. And who is left to be the new number one hero?

The only man who TRIED to become number one.

Hero Academia is a story about the importance of bettering oneself. That teamwork is great, but you shouldn't have to rely on others but be the best you first. That you as an individual has a duty to be the best possible you so that others around you will be inspired to follow your example. That competition is healthy.

All Might never revealed to the public that his quirk was not one he was born with. That way, no one thinks he is any different from anyone else with a quirk. That means that everyone should believe that they could reach his level. Everyone could be the symbol of peace.

But as the before mentioned page shows us, no one but Endeavor considered to try and reach his level. Only to follow his example. But that is not good enough.

Yes, the world of Hero Academia is so chaotic with superpowered people that it needed All Might as a powerful giant who carried the weight of the world on his shoulders. Good intentions are great, but you should have the raw power to actually accomplish anything.

Endeavor has that raw power. He has pushed himself so much that it has ruined him as a person and his family has paid that price as well. But he is the man who can look you dead in the eye and tell you that you don't have to be scared of going to bed because nothing is gonna hurt you while you sleep.

And you will believe him, and you will feel a bit more safe.

Izuku will one day become the symbol of peace the world needs. But not yet. Until then, people who can keep the peace through seer willpower and brute force must keep the world safe as best as they can. People who knows that trying is not good enough. That failing is not an option.

The world needs men like Endeavor.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99
deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The wonders of eugenics

Riddlersriddle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 74

I really should watch the anime/read the manga, I've been hearing great things about MHA

Fabricolage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's a pretty good and detailed focus.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really should watch the anime/read the manga, I've been hearing great things about MHA

You should. Love the manga, but prefer the anime. It has some pretty great OPs

Loading Video...

Lan_Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's still a D.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan said:

He's still a D.

Sure, but he is a D who gets the job done. Even his own son who hates his guts decided to have his internship at his agency because Endeavor has the highest tally of resolved cases in history.

Riddlersriddle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waezi2: Surprised that you said the anime is better, doesn't normally happen from what I've heard

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By waezi2

@riddlersriddle: Not sure I would say better, I just prefer it. Maybe it's because of the soundtrack that takes a lot of inspiration from western superhero music. Also, the dub is pretty good.

Riddlersriddle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waezi2: Now that's even more surprising, someone calling a dub good lol

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Riddlersriddle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waezi2: Fair enough, I'll have to check it out soon

Avatar image for fullmetalemprah
FullMetalEmprah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Endeavor is a pretty interesting character. Despite the fact he's a douche for the way he treated Shoto and his mother, he actually is a really good hero at heart and takes his job seriously. When I first saw him I thought to myself, "This guy's gonna turn evil, calling it now." But then I learn that's not the case, and that he doesn't really hate All Might, more that he respects him as a rival and would do anything to surpass him. He actually reminds me of Stain in that while his methods are cruel, his goal is actually quite noble.

I genuinely believe he foresaw the problems that would happen with the world relying on just one powerful man as the Symbol of Peace. No hero was as powerful as All Might, so no matter who replaced him at that point they wouldn't be as effective as number one, so Endeavor trained as hard as he could to surpass All Might not just for personal reasons, but because if another villain on the level of All For One showed up, with All Might gone no one could stop them.

All in all I actually agree with you and find Endeavor much more interesting than I initially thought he would be. Granted I'm only current with the anime so far so maybe the manga sheds some new light on all of this(no spoilers please!).