Posted by man_thing (326 posts) 1 month, 20 days ago

Poll: Head to Head(2): Arrow Season 1 vs Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D Season 1 (56 votes)

Arrow Season 1 70%
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D Season 1 29%
Result 2%

Better season?

#1 Posted by BullPR (5852 posts) - - Show Bio

Not really a contest.

Overall AoS is a more solid show, but first season was not its best...

#2 Posted by ANTHP2000 (25742 posts) - - Show Bio

AoS, just due to how it capitalized on TWS and set the course for the rest of the show. That was some brilliant writing.

#3 Edited by The_Magister (13473 posts) - - Show Bio

AoS, just due to how it capitalized on TWS and set the course for the rest of the show. That was some brilliant writing.

That being said, Arrow was more consistently high quality throughout its s1.

#4 Posted by jayc1324 (26421 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't ignore the fact that the first half of AOS season 1 was trash. Even if we discount the first half, the second half isn't necessarily better than Arrow still. So Arrow is better.

#5 Edited by ArkhamAsylum3 (3386 posts) - - Show Bio

Arrow. AOS is definitely the better show and the second half of the first season is better than anything Arrow had in its first season but the problem is I can't just ignore the fact that the first half of the season wasn't the greatest.

#6 Posted by mrmonster (14647 posts) - - Show Bio

Agents of SHIELD season 1 was practically unwatchable.

#7 Posted by CyberpunkCop (2811 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked both but Arrow was better

#8 Posted by Amcu (16221 posts) - - Show Bio

Agents of Shield stomps.

#9 Posted by GeorgeWBush (11564 posts) - - Show Bio

AOS has been a snooze fest

#10 Posted by Stormdriven (17711 posts) - - Show Bio

Arrow. The first half of Agents hurts it a lot, despite how much I liked the second half. Arrow was consistently good throughout, and is my personal favorite season of the show.

#11 Posted by Morpheus_ (34334 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by webinyoureye11 (5519 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by Thorthunder98 (6599 posts) - - Show Bio

The first half of season 1 of AoS was honestly terrible like I was pretty much forcing myself to get through it, it did pick up towards the end but not enough to beat Arrow.

Arrow S1 was a consistently great show and I don't really think AoS S1 topped it in quality even towards the end of it Arrow was consistently much better all season and had me excited to watch and gripped me in each episode. Most of S1 of AoS I was bored and uninterested and was mostly just watching because it was marvel, also the acting was mediocre most of the season.

#14 Posted by AngelJax (11591 posts) - - Show Bio

AoS S1 may have dragged sometimes but it never bored me like Arrow S1. I personally hold a lot of stock in pure entertainment value, and being bored is probably the absolute worst thing something can be. I'd much rather have something be bad and incredibly entertaining than mildly competent and meandering at points.

Arrow's S1 probably more consistent throughout (not entirely sure only watched it once) but AoS S1 has higher highs, better world building and superior writing with better character dynamics. It has better fundamentals than Arrow and for that alone I give the slight edge to AoS. Although I could be persuaded. Any other season, AoS takes it soundly though.

@morpheus_ said:

@anthp2000: Quoting @the_magister even though his post appears after yours is some neat trick.

Agent wankers might as well share a Hive mind tbh

#15 Posted by ANTHP2000 (25742 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by Morpheus_ (34334 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by The_Magister (13473 posts) - - Show Bio

@anthp2000: Just teasing you.

You should see how much crap we give him on Discord. ANTHP's lowkey gonna snap and become a new KoL.

I give him a year, tops.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c917f846ef0b
#19 Posted by deactivated-5c917f846ef0b (1264 posts) - - Show Bio

Arrow, tried getting into AoS starting with S1 but I just couldn't stomach it so I skipped the season and started with S2.

Arrow S1, 2, & 5 are still one of the best CBTV I've watched.

#20 Posted by Kevd4wg (12509 posts) - - Show Bio

Arrow S1 and 2 are the only times the Arrow seasons Arrow has been better then AoS, otherwise, AoS easily every time and it makes S2 of arrow pretty competitive.

#21 Posted by Morpheus_ (34334 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_magister: He hasn't snapped when I said Nat is fodder, he's going to be fine.

#22 Posted by Catlike (94 posts) - - Show Bio

@kevd4wg said:

Arrow S1 and 2 are the only times the Arrow seasons Arrow has been better then AoS, otherwise, AoS easily every time and it makes S2 of arrow pretty competitive.

What?

#23 Posted by Kevd4wg (12509 posts) - - Show Bio

@catlike said:
@kevd4wg said:

What?

Arrow Season 1/2 are the only times that Arrow seaons have been better then the corresponding AoS season. Otherwise, each season AoS blows it out of the water(except 5 where it's a good bit better, but not blow out of the water better)

#24 Posted by RBT (27146 posts) - - Show Bio

Arrow S1 was one of the top 5 cb tv seasons, IMO. AoS S1, bottom 3. Really not a fair comparison.

#25 Posted by Subline (6987 posts) - - Show Bio

Arrow Season 1 was better than any AoS Season.

#26 Edited by adamTRMM (8989 posts) - - Show Bio

Both had good elements to it but ultimately failed to be good IMO. AoS though.

#27 Posted by Catlike (94 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Edited by DSTREET45 (5242 posts) - - Show Bio

As much as I like Arrow S1 I picked AoS S1 for a few reasons.

1. I liked Bill Paxon's character (RIP). Thought he was hilarious.

2. As bad-ass as Arrow S1 was, it still had it's fair share of CW drama. It's tolerable in this season and S2 but there are still times where I want to skip to the next scene. While the first half of S1 wasn't the highest quality I never really got that feeling.

3. Clark Greg as Phil Coulson is always a win in my book.

4. Grant Ward's villain reveal came at the right time, while I thought Meryln should have been revealed when Team Arrow figured that he was behind everything.

To be honest I might flip flop back and forth between the two.

#29 Posted by TonyMartial (8840 posts) - - Show Bio

AoS s1 is a lot better than comicvine makes out, but Arrow s1 is just absolutely top class.

Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
#30 Posted by Supermanwithatan01 (10145 posts) - - Show Bio

Arrow.

#31 Edited by Helloman (28522 posts) - - Show Bio

These are some semi-good shows. Arrow.