#1 Posted by Hawk (16130 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkhawk
I picked up War of Kings #1 today and read it over lunch. I have to say that I was very disappointed in this book. The hype surrounding it had been building for a while now, not huge hype but still some. The DarkHawk story was lame and nothing really went on. I'm sad that I paid $4 for a half a book with back issues filling up most of it.

2 out of 5 stars!

#2 Posted by The_Martian (37399 posts) - - Show Bio

That sucks. My brother got the issue, but I haven't even asked him if it was good or not.

#3 Posted by Hawk (16130 posts) - - Show Bio
Nobody said:
"That sucks. My brother got the issue, but I haven't even asked him if it was good or not."
It was just kinda boring......though I haven't been in Dark Hawk's book lately.....but ........who has?
#4 Posted by Kurrent (14336 posts) - - Show Bio

War of Kings #1 hasn't even come out yet? Which book are you talking about. The Darkhawk 1 or 2 or the One Shot with Blackbolt on the cover

#5 Posted by Hawk (16130 posts) - - Show Bio
Kurrent said:
"War of Kings #1 hasn't even come out yet? Which book are you talking about. The Darkhawk 1 or 2 or the One Shot with Blackbolt on the cover"
DarkHawk 1
#6 Posted by Kurrent (14336 posts) - - Show Bio
Hawk said:
"Kurrent said:
"War of Kings #1 hasn't even come out yet? Which book are you talking about. The Darkhawk 1 or 2 or the One Shot with Blackbolt on the cover"
DarkHawk 1"
OHHH ok...well Kingbreaker is really good and worth every penny IMO. The One shot with BB on the cover was really good too. I haven't read the Darkhawk one yet
#7 Posted by Hawk (16130 posts) - - Show Bio
Kurrent said:
"Hawk said:
"Kurrent said:
DarkHawk 1"
OHHH ok...well Kingbreaker is really good and worth every penny IMO. The One shot with BB on the cover was really good too. I haven't read the Darkhawk one yet"
KingBreaker review is up......haven't got the BB. The CBstore didn't have it.
#8 Posted by Kurrent (14336 posts) - - Show Bio
Hawk said:
"Kurrent said:
"Hawk said:
"Kurrent said:
DarkHawk 1"
OHHH ok...well Kingbreaker is really good and worth every penny IMO. The One shot with BB on the cover was really good too. I haven't read the Darkhawk one yet"
KingBreaker review is up......haven't got the BB. The CBstore didn't have it."
I think the 2nd print comes out this week...
#9 Posted by Hawk (16130 posts) - - Show Bio
Kurrent said:
"Hawk said:
"Kurrent said:
"Hawk said:
"Kurrent said:
DarkHawk 1"
KingBreaker review is up......haven't got the BB. The CBstore didn't have it."
I think the 2nd print comes out this week..."
ok.....lame I hate not having 1st prints....

#10 Posted by King Hyperion (4429 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought it was okay...I guess...but I wish they would have spared us the reprint of Darkhawk #1 and just kept going with the story. Perhaps they should have made this like a King-Sized One-Shot instead of a two-parter. Also, they should have got a different interior artist and a different cover artist. In fact I want that cover artist to go away forever. His covers are horrificly ugly in comparison to the ones done by Gabriele Dell'Otto and Aleski Briclot for Annihilation and Annihilation: Conquest.