Has "The Simpsons" seriously gone downhill?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c07a0327fd39
deactivated-5c07a0327fd39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Poll Has "The Simpsons" seriously gone downhill? (34 votes)

Yes 91%
No 9%

What are your thoughts?

• 
SLiMmcl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Of course it has lol

Its a borderline 30 year old show. They can only be "Good" for so long before people either

1 grow out of it

2 They run out of ideas

or 3 Both.

Fact that its gone on for 30 years is pretty freaking amazing. Since it Debuted December 17, 1989. The world has changed GREATLY.

I still find it amusing. I just think people need to stop acting like its going to be "The next best thing" when it was that 30 years ago almost. You can't be "The Next Best Thing" or the best show ever for 30 years straight.

FaradaySloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The same thing has been happening with Family Guy and South Park. The only Adult Cartoon Show I watch that's still funny in someway now is American Dad.

TitanConsumed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimmcl said:

Of course it has lol

Its a borderline 30 year old show. They can only be "Good" for so long before people either

1 grow out of it

2 They run out of ideas

or 3 Both.

Fact that its gone on for 30 years is pretty freaking amazing. Since it Debuted December 17, 1989. The world has changed GREATLY.

I still find it amusing. I just think people need to stop acting like its going to be "The next best thing" when it was that 30 years ago almost. You can't be "The Next Best Thing" or the best show ever for 30 years straight.

Michaelbn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Devilmenworks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimmcl said:

Of course it has lol

1 grow out of it

2 They run out of ideas

or 3 Both.

So true. I am not really a fan of it since I outgrew it but the fact that it is still on for 30 years is amazing. The only show that I can think of that has been on remotely that close is something like The Young and the Restless, Guiding Light and other similar soap opera shows.

FaradaySloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KingOfWakanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Simpsons were influential and innovative for its time. There have been many classic episodes over the years and I can always think of quotes or references from the golden years to apply to any situation.

But nothing can be great forever. Bart and Lisa have been 10 and 8 for 30 years and well over 500 episodes. I don't think there's anything more they can do.

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes.

FaradaySloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ready_4_madness: IMO i miss when it was episodic with occasional 2 or 3 parters, not a whole story long for a season.

JOVIOLMA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimmcl said:

Of course it has lol

1 grow out of it

2 They run out of ideas

or 3 Both.

JOVIOLMA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimmcl said:

Of course it has lol

1 grow out of it

2 They run out of ideas

or 3 Both.

RL4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean, I still like it, but I like the old episodes more.

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I don’t know what you are talking about. They made 10 seasons of the show and it ended in 1999. It was great.

Avatar image for itouchedtheboat
ITouchedTheBoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nothing stays consistently good for 30 years. Even their entire target audience has changed so much

Avatar image for deactivated-5beeed406e9c9
deactivated-5beeed406e9c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5c07a0327fd39
deactivated-5c07a0327fd39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Who voted "No"?

Avatar image for elijah_c_washington
Elijah_C_Washington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it was good for a longer time than most people say, but it's definitely declined in more recent seasons. There's still episodes like "A Scorpion's Tale" from S22 that are among my favorites.

Avatar image for fullmetalemprah
FullMetalEmprah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By FullMetalEmprah

I always preferred Futurama but old Simpsons was still entertaining to me. Nowadays though yeah it's kinda just...there.

Gokluma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's needs to end after it's kept on making boring jokes like Lisa with lady gaga or Pokemon go

jay_z94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 jay_z94  Online

Spongebob Squarepants is the best cartoon, fact.

Avatar image for xmangog__beastx
xMangog__Beastx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Easily.