Has Saul Goodman surpassed Walter White as a character?

JohnBrief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Has Saul Goodman surpassed Walter White as a character? (16 votes)

Yes 31%
No 25%
He's on par with him 44%

Now that Better Call Saul is finished, has Saul surpassed Walt as a character in your opinion?

• 
the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#1 the_stegman  Moderator

I say yes. I think he's more complex than Walt.

Gaoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I need to watch this show

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just got done with season 1 so I can't say for sure. I can say that Walt had more development in the first season of BB than Jimmy (Saul) had in his first season, Walt became Heisenberg as he became more involved with crime while Jimmy was always Slippin' Jimmy because that's just who he is.

Darkvanderling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Darkvanderling

Easily. Better Call Saul is also the superior show and Saul Gone is a better finale than Felina. What’s more impressive is that Vince Gilligan was able to produce two masterpiece shows like Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul. Dude is one of the greatest showrunner out there. He also directed and wrote some of the best episodes in

X Files.

DeusExMachlna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They're on pair.

JohnBrief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump.

Avatar image for finalkingthanos
finalkingthanos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By finalkingthanos

I would say on par.

Jimmy is in general a lot more likeable for the average person and his evil deeds are somewhat funny or quirky at times he’s more devious and dastardly like a crooked Robin Hood, when he’s full Saul of course he goes quite far but not quite as bad as Walter.

Walter was more serious but gentle and introverted in a sense caring more about science and not making a fuss, as Heisenberg he became a real b*****d of a person who knew better than you and was arrogant enough to rub it in your face, he was often more sloppy than Saul but way more bombastic and fantastical in his endeavours.

Walter is the dying man who chooses to go down swinging in a blaze of blood and glory, Jimmy is the the guy that just can’t help himself not matter what and it eventually burns those around him.

It’s interesting that Walt dies hated and alone after becoming the worst and arguably most powerful of all the big guns in the BB world but somewhat ends with one last slight guilt edged deed of saving Jesse the “son” he didn’t want.

while Jimmy actually does exactly what he used to love watching in the old shows “you will atone!” Kim is the one person in his life he saw could redeem them self and do what was right that was part of the time machine symbolism of the finale, Kim did what Chuck, Mike and Walt could not and Jimmy chooses to leave Saul gone for good and take responsibility at last.

JohnBrief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump.