Has it just been confirmed DCEU Darkseid will be powerful enough to beat MCU Thanos with Infinity Gauntlet?

• 52 results
Galatea_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Has it just been confirmed DCEU Darkseid will be powerful enough to beat MCU Thanos with Infinity Gauntlet? (38 votes)

This is legit omg! 29%
This is not enough proof 71%

Roy Porter the actor that plays DCEU Darkseid said that DCEU Darkseid would win a fight because he doesn't need the Infinity Gauntlet which implies Darkseid has powers equal to if not GREATER than the MCU Infinity Gauntlet

https://twitter.com/Newgodsfilm/status/1287093523876057089?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1287093523876057089%7Ctwgr%5E&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.embedly.com%2Fwidgets%2Fmedia.html%3Ftype%3Dtext2Fhtmlkey%3Da19fcc184b9711e1b4764040d3dc5c07schema%3Dtwitterurl%3Dhttps3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2Fnewgodsfilm%2Fstatus%2F1287093523876057089image%3D

If the actor believes that Darkseid is this powerful does this mean the Snyder Cut Darkseid is going to display universal feats in a cinematic comic book film?

• 
Avatar image for money_brings_happiness
Money_Brings_Happiness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am pretty sure that just implied Darkseid will be able to beat non infinity gauntlet Thanos which isn't surprising. It doesn't really insinuate him being able to beat Thanos with the aforementioned "special" gauntlet.

Avatar image for kryptonianking88
KryptonianKing88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They’re not as autistic with feats as we are so Darkseid probably still gets clapped alongside Dopmsday and Superman, but I wouldn’t be surprised if he does get some godly feats

Cara_Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DCEU Master Race confirmed.

Torrentio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow you high

SquadDoubleYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SquadDoubleYou

He probably meant that Darkseid will look more powerful since it's DCEU.

4-6 stones Thanos looked underwhelming because of he's slow and his utilization of the stones / being a jobber. With 4 stones, he could've one shotted the gotg gang in his arrival on Titan.

Avatar image for randybutternubs
RandyButterNubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh, i'll believe it when i see it.

Mrsportsguy13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Galatea_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squaddoubleyou: What if Darkseid has powers like that of the Infinity Gauntlet.

Would he then be considered more powerful than Thanos?

Cosgrave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lmao actor's hype their characters all the time, not seeing how this is worth any special attention

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Darkseid is stronger/just as fast as Superman maybe...

Thanos was pretty underwhelming I mean base Thanos is kind of a joke

SquadDoubleYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SquadDoubleYou

@galatea_ said:

@squaddoubleyou: What if Darkseid has powers like that of the Infinity Gauntlet.

Would he then be considered more powerful than Thanos?

Darkseid with IG in DCEU? of course he will look like at least planetary

not like 4 stones Thanos who nearly lost his gauntlet to GotG, with Strange and IM able to contest him, considering he should be at least solar system level with those stones. He's just too slow, he can't harness the potential of the stones like Eson (planetary power stone), and on top of that he literally job hard, he could've just used reality stone all the time to sweep everyone in an instant, it was the most convenient infinity stone he had.

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos was just a skilled brick so even Superman would beat his base version. Nothing surprising in that.

However Base Darkseid being more powerful than Infinity Gauntlet Thanos sounds like a stretch to me. Darkseid will probably be like Base Thanos + Power Stone. Like he'll be a skilled Doomsday. Stats higher than Superman plus energy projection (some form of Omega Effect)

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am pretty sure that just implied Darkseid will be able to beat non infinity gauntlet Thanos which isn't surprising. It doesn't really insinuate him being able to beat Thanos with the aforementioned "special" gauntlet.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

If you want to bring a sensation. Get me someone working for WB or Marvel Studios telling us how their next movie/villain/hero won't be as good/powerful as one from the other studio and you shpuld watch theor product instead. What does one statement from one person associated with only one of the fictional characters matter? It's not like this guy is even the one to decide on how powerful Darkseid will be and then you don't even know if the movie reflects his opinion I heard all kinds of things Brie Larson said Carol could do that the movoes so far have not exactly demonstrated.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

The statement is literally the opposite of what the OP is saying.

Darkseid is stronger than Thanos because he doesn't need infinity gems.

Avatar image for deactivated-61a1b6940ec47
deactivated-61a1b6940ec47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NicolascageGOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@money_brings_happiness said:

Underfire47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes it's about as confirmed as the time Brie Larson said Captain Marvel is stronger than Superman.

I trust actors understand power levels and are not entirely biased towards their characters.

Avatar image for krypticwarbeast
KrypticWarBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. WTF is this?

Avatar image for sixpathsofcapra
SixPathsOfCapra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NO

I just hope that the movie turns out to be at least decent. I hate dceu and snyder is whack, in normal circumstances i would've hoped fr this movie to suck, but due to covid and all I havent been able to seen a new good movie in a long while. So I want JL snyder cut to be good, can't believe myself. Did I go off topic? sorry but the answer is no. I think after the movie comes out the argument will go like - Darkseid can win if he can blitz Thanos before he snaps his finger. But Thanos is too durable to get one shotted. Let's wait untill the movie comes out. For now all these are but baseless assumptions

RJR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You know I'm pretty sure that he was thinking more about the comics than anything else

minkuslord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, intended power level isnt usually the same as what shown on screen. Otherwise superman would be similar to his comic book power level

Bayman007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not untill we see him in battle

Avatar image for powerlimitedmod
PowerLimitedMod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By PowerLimitedMod
SquadDoubleYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does this really freaking matter? deadpool once killed the marvel universe. Power levels are meaningless.

PowerLimitedMod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By PowerLimitedMod
SquadDoubleYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerlimitedmod:

THIS IS DARKSEID BEFORE HE GOT HIS POWERS, HE CREATED THE UNIVERSE WITH A SMILE

No Caption Provided

Lord_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PowerLimitedMod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By PowerLimitedMod
SquadDoubleYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By SquadDoubleYou

@powerlimitedmod:

DARKSEID WORKING AS GOD IN HIS YOUNGER DAYS, HIS WINK CAN DELETE EXISTENCE GG

No Caption Provided

PowerLimitedMod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By PowerLimitedMod
RJR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By RJR

Man this is already funny, the snyder cut is not out yet and were already starting a battle forum. Let's at least wait till we see him and what he is capable of in the way longer version of the history lesson scene (even though it's a younger darkseid) before we start judging who will kick who's ass.

Lord_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lord_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That are clearly Batman disappear from rocket or no? Batman matter manipulate himself and make rocket think he are God when in fact Batman stomp rocket casual if he want to.

PowerLimitedMod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lord_god:

Thanos >>> superman >>> batman see feat or no ?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Ccbm2208

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As long as Batfleck can perform the "Spectre kick" on Darkseid or god stomps him with his prep then I'm willing to accept whatever they do with him.

Lord_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Lord_God

@powerlimitedmod said:

@lord_god:

Thanos >>> superman >>> batman see feat or no ?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

👉 Even if Thanos is stronker than Superman which are wrong because he in same room in Batman which make him >>> Thanos Batman >>>>>> both because he casually destory four pillar. Here Proof.

Casual ragdoll Superman and Superman cannot because he not strong like Batman because Batman would solo MCU AND DCEU because he easily destory FOUR PILLAR with ease.
Casual ragdoll Superman and Superman cannot because he not strong like Batman because Batman would solo MCU AND DCEU because he easily destory FOUR PILLAR with ease.

👉 How you can think that Superman >>>>>> Batman when Batman stomp Superman and use combo and wreck him?

👉 Here he stomp Superman again. How you can think Superman stronger Batman when this happene?

👉 Do not insinuate Batman not stronger than Superman lol. Batman solo MCU and DCEU.

macleen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I remember a certain someone who could move planets but ended up moving missiles.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 MAZAHS117  Online

I guess if anybody would know it’d be the actor who voices/plays the character. That said I don’t put much stock into what actors say in topics like this, it’s hearsay until we see it for ourselves and can analyze

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

It doesn't mean anything. Actors aren't exactly an authority on such matters. He's clearly shilling his character to generate hype. Or maybe he honestly believes what he saying. Pick one. Doesn't matter.

And it's not like Thanos was some powerless bumpkin with the IG. He only needed it against the really powerful threats.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f272e5ba44a1
deactivated-5f272e5ba44a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol the guy with the edited gifs

Avatar image for supremeintelligence
supremeintelligence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

we'll see when the new gods movie comes out

justice league is too grounded for him to do anything spectacular

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By rajjarsalt

Lmao Jobberseid is FlashbackWolf and he's supposed to be stronger than Thanos cuz "he don't need no gauntlet"? Mother Box and Omega Sanction would like to have words with him.

I'm pretty sure even Brie Larson is more accurate when it comes to quotes about her character. Not like anyone's listening but if you're gonna take this hunk of shit as legit then you might as well take the creme of the crop when it comes to actor statements.

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I mean, what do you expect him to say? “No my character is weaker than Thanos” ofc he’s gonna say/insinuate Darkseid > Thanos, it’s to build hype.

Base Thanos was still strong enough to manhandle Thor, Hulk, Iron Man and Mjolnir Cap with almost zero effort, and was handling Captain Marvel like a joke until she grabbed the gauntlet so it’s not like Base Thanos is a pushover in the slightest. I’m sure DCEU Darkseid will be stronger since he’ll probably be comparable or superior to DCEU Superman, who I’d say is the level Base Thanos sits at.

Time will tell. I’m hype for it all anyway.

Also this doesn’t change that Comic Thanos still molly whops Comic Darkseid 😬😬😬.

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Brie Larson said Carol would move planets. Actor statements aren’t relevant.

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ooh! Loving the butthurt.

Some people are gonna cry tears of blood when Darkseid turns out to be much more powerful and versatile than the bald brick like MCU Thanos

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

Stuff like this should be taken with a pinch of salt, but it seems like he's talking about base Thanos anyway and that's pretty much a given in my opinion. Wherever you rate Thanos, he is effectively a brick, unfortunately. He can really only be relevant against characters with highly versatile powersets through PIS/WIS/CIS.

DS may have a variety of abilities that Thanos could never realistically counter.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#50  Edited By brucerogers

@deltahuman: How is it 'butthurt' to point out that actors do not get to dictate canon? -- much less the outcome of hypothetical crossover battles. Look at the Brie Larson example mentioned above.

Personally, I don't give a shit if Darkseid turns out to be a billion times powerful by feats. What I won't do is come to that conclusion just because the actor playing him said so.