Has it been shown how Thanos escaped his imprisonment in CW2 ??

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

^^

killerravens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerravens: ................I was expecting an answer lol

How did he escape ??

killerravens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82: he mentally manipulated Connor Sims the anti-man into using his powers

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for earthsmightiest
EarthsMightiest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought he escaped in GOG 25 only to get beat lamely and shipped off by the Nova corp.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought he escaped in GOG 25 only to get beat lamely and shipped off by the Nova corp.

More humilliating ?? Poor Thanos, he just can´t catch a break, one would think that the comics would want to make him look like the ultimate villain considering his popularity is rising due to IW, but they´re doing the contrary.

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@earthsmightiest said:

More humilliating ?? Poor Thanos, he just can´t catch a break, one would think that the comics would want to make him look like the ultimate villain considering his popularity is rising due to IW, but they´re doing the contrary.

Ehhh he has been progressively dying to the point of tripping over a rock and struggling to fight a space rat but he will probably get his power back soon

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82 said:
@earthsmightiest said:

Ehhh he has been progressively dying to the point of tripping over a rock and struggling to fight a space rat but he will probably get his power back soon

I certainly hope so

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorthunder98 said:
@thor_parker82 said:

I certainly hope so

Personally I think most of what has happened to Thanos since sw2 is Marvel's higher ups trying to get petty revenge on Starlin after he finished writing IF as Thanos' swansong(though I'm sure he knew it wouldn't be) since there is a lot of bad blood between Marvel and Starlin over the years and I think giving him cancer and basically making him into a homeless punching bag was their way of getting back at Starlin.

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By RabumAlal

@spambot: Why would they take revenge on one of their writers? They can just not let him write Thanos. Starlin is shit anyway.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot said:
@thor_parker82 said:
@thorthunder98 said:
@thor_parker82 said:

I certainly hope so

Personally I think most of what has happened to Thanos since sw2 is Marvel's higher ups trying to get petty revenge on Starlin after he finished writing IF as Thanos' swansong(though I'm sure he knew it wouldn't be) since there is a lot of bad blood between Marvel and Starlin over the years and I think giving him cancer and basically making him into a homeless punching bag was their way of getting back at Starlin.

Why is there bad blood between them though ?? What happened ??

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Spambot

@thor_parker82: @rabumalal: Because human beings can be petty and there's actually a semi long history of such behavior in the comic industry. There is bad blood because Starlin has basically left the company a few different times for different reasons which he then has gone on to state in interviews and at conventions. I can barely remember all of it but its essentially the usual reasons and Marvel has done some bs with him before. He had vowed to never work for them again the last time but I guess someone convinced him to come back and do his final Infinity trilogy. I am sure to some degree they also don't like how he keeps referencing to the End as canonical when they keep stating it isn't. I don't think its a coincidence that he comes back to do his final Thanos comic and has him at Death's side then Marvel promptly bring him back to give him his lowest showings in his 40 year history and then gives him cancer and has him getting beat up by rats. They could have just let him be for a while until before Infinity War comes out and then put him in a few comics. Instead they sort of went out of their way to screw with the ending Starlin had in mind for him the minute his last Infinity comic was done.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

killerravens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82: yes it was in ultimates but now I think about it maybe iam mistaken​ I think that was the first time he escaped but he got beat down by the ultimates an locked back up

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@killerravens: Yea he escaped using Anti-Man in Ultimates but they managed to beat him but idk what they did with him after

@jayskee: He's way below his actual power levels currently because he's dying of some cancer disease thing making him super weak.

Cull_Obsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Cull_Obsidian

@thor_parker82: I am confident his solo series will rebuild him and make him even stronger then he was more secret wars

@thorthunder98: yeah he must have escaped and then appered in unworthy Thor the his own series

@jayskee: He is currently weakened, dying and empowered

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot: So the Infinity Trilogy was supposed to be Thanos´ last appearance for a long while ?? I love Starlin and I think he´s a great writer, I only got around to reading the first Infinity GN but I definitely plan on getting the other two.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82: Not necessarily. I mean ultimately its up to Marvel's writers how often he is used but they brought back Starlin with the idea he would get to do his swansong on the character and you'd think the semi respectful thing would be for them to let his ending resonate with the character for a while. They also killed off the new Warlock LT Starlin created right after he got created. So it just seems strange or poorly planned out that things happened the way they did.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot said:

@thor_parker82: Not necessarily. I mean ultimately its up to Marvel's writers how often he is used but they brought back Starlin with the idea he would get to do his swansong on the character and you'd think the semi respectful thing would be for them to let his ending resonate with the character for a while. They also killed off the new Warlock LT Starlin created right after he got created. So it just seems strange or poorly planned out that things happened the way they did.

I´m starting to realize Marvel is a petty company, they need a complete reestructuration, damn shame because Marvel used to mean something to me, now it´s just sad.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82: Its prob Perlmutter's doing to some degree. He is known to be petty and hold grudges.

phillip33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah it's pretty ambiguous as to how he got away from the nova corps.