Hans Zimmer is returning to superhero films to score X-Men: Dark Phoenix

tj849

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Evan Peters on Josh Horowitzs Podcast

“[The set] was actually very tame. Simon directed this one, and came in very prepared, very professional. It was a different energy on set and everything got done like clockwork. It was very seamless. Everybody was a little bit more level-headed, so it was a very pleasurable, light experience. I think the film is gonna be incredible. Hans Zimmer’s scoring it—I don’t know if I was supposed to say that or not. Simon has surrounded himself with incredible people, and Simon knows this world better than anybody, so it was just cool to see him—he’s so happy and in his element in that world, and also being able to direct and guide everybody in this way. I was very happy for him and I think it’s gonna be great.”

Source

Tomkatie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Tomkatie

Wait what?

Holy cow I’m actually excited for this movie now!

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Called it.

tj849

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Called it.

Called what? Him returning to superhero films or him composing the score for X-Men DP?

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#5  Edited By Outside_85

Waste...

PayneInTheAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

@outside_85:

How is a waste? / why is a waste?

Well, because outside of Logan, most of the X-men films have been crap... and it's not helped by the generational shift.

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So his talents are being wasted on a movie that will be bad and a good score probably won't elevate it too much

PayneInTheAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85:

Welp, I just consider Last Stand , Origins and Apocalypse crap

To me the the others range from decent to great.

So, while I am not very optimistic about Dark Phoenix, i disagree about him being wasted in this, it has to be better than Apocalypse lol

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Excellent, I am looking forward to this movie.

Also, FOX has a pretty good track record with the mutants, only Origins and The Last Stand have been awful, Apocalypse is underrated but even it it's bad, it´s three bad movies in comparison to all the other ones ranging from good to amazing like DOFP, X2, The Wolverine, Logan, X1 and First Class.

People just love to complain.

Avatar image for firestormfate1919
FirestormFate1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82 said:

Excellent, I am looking forward to this movie.

Also, FOX has a pretty good track record with the mutants, only Origins and The Last Stand have been awful, Apocalypse is underrated but even it it's bad, it´s three bad movies in comparison to all the other ones ranging from good to amazing like DOFP, X2, The Wolverine, Logan, X1 and First Class.

People just love to complain.

Agreed, I think a lot of this doubt is unsubstantiated. Fox has been killing it recently except for Apocalypse, which even then I felt was pretty decent.

Zimmer is the best in the business, so I'm very excited for this.

PeterParkerJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great news. Excited for this movie even more now.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a84a212043e5
deactivated-5a84a212043e5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sounds good

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#14 JediXMan  Moderator

Still don't care. I just want this to get canceled so the MCU can do a full, clean, reboot.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

He just had to make a comeback here, huh? Well, at least this gives me a reason to watch this because tbh so far, can't say I have been that eager to watch it.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman said:

Still don't care. I just want this to get canceled so the MCU can do a full, clean, reboot.

Weren't you a fan of FOX's X-Men ?? You even liked Apocalypse, I remember we had a long talk about it a while ago.

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't really get the hate against Fox X-Men. First thing that comes to mind when people say superhero movies imo and they did a real good job. Zimmer soundtracks makes every scene exponentially better. hopefully this movie turns out well as well. It also has a sick cast with lots of talented actors like McAvoy, Fassbender, JL, Jessica Chastain. Sophie Turner, Evan Peters, the new Cyclops guy are decent as well. Way more hyped for this than I'm for Black Panther.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#18 JediXMan  Moderator

@thor_parker82:

I really only liked the original two Singer movies. The Wolverine was okay, Logan. First Class was fine, but it irked me. I disliked DoFP. I don't honestly remember... why unlike Apocalypse. I think I just liked it for Magneto and Apocalypse.

In either case, the Fox movies are a mess and need a fresh start

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman said:

@thor_parker82:

I really only liked the original two Singer movies. The Wolverine was okay, Logan. First Class was fine, but it irked me. I disliked DoFP. I don't honestly remember... why unlike Apocalypse. I think I just liked it for Magneto and Apocalypse.

In either case, the Fox movies are a mess and need a fresh start

Hmm, you certainly changed your mind,at least I think so, because I'm pretty sure you used to like them...........I don't understand how can anyone dislike DOFP though, it's one of the better crafted and emotionally resonating CBMs, but to each their own I guess :P