Guardians of the Galaxy 2019 Run

ByondEon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I couldn't find this anywhere. So if this has been done, please can someone link me to it.

Anyway, so this year, a new Guardians have come out, and so far, it has actually been good.

So I will start out by asking about your thoguht's are on the new comic.

So I just read Issue 9 and it was actually really good. What I wonder though, your guys thoguht's on the reveal at the end (Spoiler in the spoiler block for those that have not yet read it):

The return of classic Drax

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Will it work or will it absolutely ruin the comic moving forward. And what will happen with him now that he is back?

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah I'm really excited for this run actually. First good thing we've had in cosmic marvel(other then Peter and Gamora's solos) in 9 years now? I'm super interested in how this book isn't really a guardians book, but honestly just a cosmic marvel book with a huge cast(probably will be confusing to people who don't know cosmic marvel), like they brought the Universal Church of Truth back in 1 issue and are doing something actually interesting with them.

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The first arc was good but I don't care for the Universal Church of Truth. I'm looking forward for the upcoming issues which will apparently be the culmination of Cates cosmic run.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Wolfrazer

I'm sad for Rocket. D: His mech is pretty sweet though. But yeah, it has been neato. Glad they seem to be going back to more original Guardians look than movie.

ByondEon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm sad for Rocket. D: His mech is pretty sweet though. But yeah, it has been neato. Glad they seem to be going back to more original Guardians look than movie.

Except for the love story actually worse than Twilight, but other than that, yeah.

Also, what original Guardians you want? Because isn't there several different itterations of Guardians?

Also, thoguht's on classic Drax returning? And do you guys think we will get his old classic feats from him?

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevd4wg said:

Yeah I'm really excited for this run actually. First good thing we've had in cosmic marvel(other then Peter and Gamora's solos) in 9 years now? I'm super interested in how this book isn't really a guardians book, but honestly just a cosmic marvel book with a huge cast(probably will be confusing to people who don't know cosmic marvel), like they brought the Universal Church of Truth back in 1 issue and are doing something actually interesting with them.

What ????? Plenty of good stuff in cosmic marvel

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By adamTRMM

I just can't stand Cates' writing. Besides HoXPoX, there's nothing for me at Marvel still.

Been rereading DnA cosmic stories... now those were good times.

Cull_Obsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@byondeon: I have been really enjoying it so far, but a few issues with it, mainly regarding Thanos, i didnt like giw he was 'brought bavk' obly to be taken down again and with the latest issue i was a bit disappointed with drax being the messiah, i thought it would be a kind of copying of Annhilation /imperative similar to the recent Infinity wars, i was also hoping that Thanos would be in thr coocoon like he was in the aforementioned event

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725: Not within the past 9 years. Though I will say, I actually did enjoy Ultimates so I guess there was one good story.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Wolfrazer

@byondeon: Ah yeah, I’m not big on the Peter/Gam thing, they shouldn’t be together in that way imo, I always got more of a sis/bro vibe by them. Also by original look I mean as in appearance.

As far as Drax I wouldn’t mind that, but moreso lets not make him a moron.

ByondEon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfrazer: Gamora/Peter only love story worse than Twilight..

Also, yeah, hopefully Drax is not a moron. Let's just see what they do with the Magus in the upcoming GotG

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@byondeon: I hope Rocket doesn't die in the end though. D: He's my fav Guardian.

ByondEon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfrazer: He is my third, after Phyla and Moondragon. However I do hope he doesn't die. And his mecha is badass..

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@byondeon: Hilarious that he said he got drunk with Gamora as he’s dying hah, that’s something I would expect for them to do. We don’t seem to get much interaction with them, but I like their relationship.

ByondEon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfrazer: Yeah. I thye are kinda the same in many ways, which is why I think they are "getting long" with each other well.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Wolfrazer

@byondeon: Well they were both created to serve a purpose, having their bodies augmented. They don't really take *** from anyone and they'd sooner shoot/kill than anything else. If anything, they have even more of a reason to be together than Peter/Gamora. The latter always had more of a sister/brother relationship to me, so it's really jarring for them to actually be together...although I doubt it'll last.

Avatar image for damnineedabreak
DamnINeedABreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GOTG Hope they work on Gamora and Star

and Rocket and Groot cuz of what happened