Guardians of The Galaxy(2014) or Suicide Squad(2016)?

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Guardians of The Galaxy(2014) or Suicide Squad(2016)? (114 votes)

Guardians of The Galaxy 69%
Suicide Squad 31%

Which & why?

No Caption Provided

• 
Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By buttersdaman000

GotG is tightly made which benefits it in it's competency as a film, but I liked the characters and humor in SS a lot more. I don't think i've ever laughed that much in a CBM.

I really like GotG, but I think SS edges it.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2 the_stegman  Moderator

People will probably vote GOTG based on Squad's low critic rating and overreactions, but I say they're pretty even. GOTG had a stronger, neater plot, but SS had more engaging characters. Both had lame, really, really lame, villains and endings I don't care for.

The_Batmobile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GOTG

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: I enjoyed the characters in both, the characters were about the only redeeming quality in that movie IMO. Sadly they chose to spend no time developing the characters and no time showing them build as team but somehow they are besties after a day? It was just a bit silly to me. The Enchantress was just plain bad all around.

GotG is better because it had a much better flow, much better plot and made a lot more sense.

PeterParkerJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Guardians.

Less of a mess, had a basic plot like SS, but was structured better with better humor, action scenes, and characters.

Both of their villains sucked, but at least I can name more things I liked about Ronan.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guardians

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

@cregan_stark said:

@the_stegman: I enjoyed the characters in both, the characters were about the only redeeming quality in that movie IMO. Sadly they chose to spend no time developing the characters and no time showing them build as team but somehow they are besties after a day? It was just a bit silly to me. The Enchantress was just plain bad all around.

GotG is better because it had a much better flow, much better plot and made a lot more sense.

This is of course, just my opinion, but I liked the Squad characters more than any of the Guardians. Well, at least, Deadshot and Harley. Besides Rocket, the rest of the Guardians were lacking imo.

And yeah, Enchantress was bad, I agree...then again, so was Ronan And while I don't like the end fight in SS, a dance battle and friendship circle isn't much better.

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: Deadshot and Harley were my favorites too, I think they will be pretty much everyone's favorites. Of course Diablo had cool moments but he was too small of a part.

The ending of GotG could of certainly been much better.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 the_stegman  Moderator

@cregan_stark: Yeah, to me these movies are pretty much even, I get if people pick GOTG, I expect most will, but aside from a couple of truly hilarious moments (Rocket wanting that guy's leg and doing the prison break, that was brilliant) I find it good, but not great.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

Both were fun. but....

Deadshot and Harley over Quill and Gamora

Drax/Rocket/Groot over the remaining SS team with he only one on there level being diablo and Boomerang.

Both had "meh" villains

Both endings were "meh" but to this day Is till think Starlord dancing t stop the guy who is bloodlusted is as stupid as it can get.

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: if Suicide Squad did a better job or either character development or team development then it may be closer for me. I just can't get over the fact that they did neither of those things. They relied heavily on some pretty awesome performances by the actors.

Am I the only one that is digging Leto Joker? He's no Heath by any means but I'm digging the character.

JoshuaDBr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Grr, this is actually extremely difficult. I have fallen in love with the "Suicide Squad" characters. I am also a hard core DC fan, and I really enjoyed watching "Suicide Squad". However, I'm not blind to the films flaws. "Guardians of the Galaxy" was a much better put-together film, and I found it much more funny as well. "Suicide Squad" wasn't quite as much of a comedy, though.

Drmagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Suicide squad

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 the_stegman  Moderator

@cregan_stark: Leto was...okay for me. I like some of what he did, other times left me kinda cringing. I do want to see more of him in the future.

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: it was an interesting take on the character for me, I thought it was refreshing. I mean it's so hard to measure up to Jack or Heath so they went in a different direction completely.

Avatar image for deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5
deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gaurdians by default, sat through the whole thing in theatres, versus not giving SS the chance tbh. If I was rating purely by action scenes (if I knew what the fight scenes were from SS), then I'd probably say SS.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GotG is head and shoulders above SS which is only held together by a great performance from Will Smith and to a lesser degree Jared Leto ( the editors are retards). The plot is terrible and forced and the villains were bad also.

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By Jgames

Plot: GoTG

Cast: Suicide Squad

Action: GoTG

Villain: Tie, they both terrible

Yeah GotG definitely it managed to be fun, and had an intriguing adventure and twist and turn, interesting action. While Suicide Squad cast were fun, the action were okay for the most part, and the plot was okay, and the villain was terrible, and it felt like it had a first and third act, and the character did not had enough time to be together. That being said the style was great, and the movie did flow well, and the audience did felt engaged with the character.

Avatar image for deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5
deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wavemotioncannon said:

GotG is head and shoulders above SS which is only held together by a great performance from Will Smith and to a lesser degree Jared Leto ( the editors are retards). The plot is terrible and forced and the villains were bad also.

Ayyyyymeennn.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Watching SS right now and unless there's some sort of spectacular ending I'm going with GoTG.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

I thought SS was an absolute mess of a film to be honest.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9535a734784
deactivated-5c9535a734784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

GOTG and it's not even close. I really liked SS, it's my favourite DCEU film out of the three but it's not even close to GOTG. At some points it tried way too hard to be a clone of GOTG. It didn't work for what the film was supposed to be.
GOTG and it's not even close. I really liked SS, it's my favourite DCEU film out of the three but it's not even close to GOTG. At some points it tried way too hard to be a clone of GOTG. It didn't work for what the film was supposed to be.

Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GotG is tightly made which benefits it in it's competency as a film, but I liked the characters and humor in SS a lot more. I don't think i've ever laughed that much in a CBM.

I really like GotG, but I think SS edges it.

Avatar image for supremeintelligence
supremeintelligence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

GOTG

SS was edited to death

Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guardians of the Galaxy is among the few MCU movies I don't like. It's got WAY too much humor, absolutely too much. That completely ruined it for me. I couldn't enjoy the movie because I couldn't endure through that without being bored. I got a headache while watching the movie, and I didn't enjoy it. It was also so damn light-hearted. However, Guardians of the Galaxy is a well-structured and well-directed movie. Objectively, it makes Suicide Squad look like crap.

That being said, I actaually enjoyed Suicide Squad thoroughly from the start till the end. It had down-to-earth characters and things actually got taken serious as well as some humors.

Both villains in the movie sucked ass.

DemFeetTho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LMFAO at the crap DCfanboys are saying in this trying to support SS. The DC wank is strong on comicvine.

With that said GotG in stomp. SS is a broken film that's going down in the hall of shame. Don't believe the wank. GotG takes this easy.

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By never give up

I never really liked GOTG.

Avatar image for deactivated-5967bf6197d40
deactivated-5967bf6197d40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guardians for sure. Much better made, more immediately engaging and fun characters, characters arcs that actually complete, a great tone that makes the movie a really good time, better soundtrack, and while both villains leave something to be desired, at least Guardians made sure to let viewers know that Ronan was part of the joke. Enchantress isn't.

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31  Edited By TheAmazingSpidey

Guardians for sure. Much better made, more immediately engaging and fun characters, characters arcs that actually complete, a great tone that makes the movie a really good time, better soundtrack, and while both villains leave something to be desired, at least Guardians made sure to let viewers know that Ronan was part of the joke. Ronan isn't.

exav3n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Guardians but not by very much

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guardians.

VMole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guardians.

I liked SS more than the previous DCEU entries, but that's not saying a lot. Viola Davis sold me more on her performance as Waller than any of the squad aside from Will Smith, everyone else seemed to be just window dressing or just plain bluh (looking at you, Flagg), and Harley's humor was just flat and cringe-inducing.

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SS.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

Guardians.

I have a soft spot for space opera movies and this one delivered on that.

DemFeetTho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashrym said:

I was highly entertained by GotG. Quill and Rocket's humor drove most of that, with a bit from Groot. I though Gamora didn't do the character justice and Drax was boring. The resolution of everyone holding hands in a kumbaya moment was not exactly the best resolution. That was kind of silly.

Suicide Squad was also highly entertaining. Amanda Waller, Deadshot, Harley, and El Diablo were portrayed extremely well and there was a great mix of humor and action just like GotG. The resolution had some great action, real sacrifice, and wasn't a sappy hand holding kumbaya moment.

@demfeettho said:

LMFAO at the crap DCfanboys are saying in this trying to support SS. The DC wank is strong on comicvine.

With that said GotG in stomp. SS is a broken film that's going down in the hall of shame. Don't believe the wank. GotG takes this easy.

troll post is troll post

More like the MCUfanboys didn't get the message that DC bashing is sooooo last week and got some butt hurt insecurities that they can't let go of when a good film comes out. ;)

Don't believe the bashing. Watch the film. Enjoy the film. Buy the film. Enjoy the film again. It's definitely worth it. Best one DCEU has put out and the openly night gross at the box office crushed GotG. As the DCEU movies keep improving like this they are here to stay.

and dont forget this part

"After grossing $65.1 million on Friday in North America ($20.5 million from previews on Thursday and $44.6 million on Friday), Suicide Squad suffered a massive 40% drop on Saturday, and may gross less than $40 million for the day. If that trend continues for another massive drop on Sunday, the overall weekend box office haul for the film could end up being in the $130 million range after early estimates ballooned to the $140-$150 million range.

Given the scathing reviews, it seemed likely that Suicide Squad was headed for a massive drop during the SECOND weekend of release, similar to what happened to Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, but it appears that the negative reviews are actually affecting the opening weekend box office numbers."

"Gitesh Pandya @GiteshPandya

SAT drop for #SuicideSquad huge, even bigger than might be expected. May tumble by over 40% & end below $40M. Maybe $130M-ish wknd now.

10:40 PM - 6 Aug 2016"

the reviews killed it.

Avatar image for green_ballerina
Green_Ballerina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GotG for me. Such a beautiful and charming movie. Bonus points for it being in space.

casper4690

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SS for me. Enjoyed the characters much more than gotg

jojjimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GotG by far...SS was enjoyable but not as good as GotG.

Doc-Holiday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

Suicide Squad. GotG was alright but honestly what always bothered me was how Marvel stuck to the humanoid aliens for 99.9% of the alien population, basically most were just humans with pink or blue skin but the comics have strange and inhuman aliens I'd love to see. Suicide Squad wasn't afraid to give us a Killer Croc who looked like a monster, I appreciate that.

I know someone will mention Groot but one alien does not a diverse galaxy make.

Doc-Holiday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@ashrym: Agree on all points. Suicide Squad just pulled in a record opening for the month. I feel people are harsh against DC and I can't seem to figure out why, aside from the fact that they simply aren't following the same story telling method as Marvel which people seem dependent upon but I find boring and predictable.

phillip33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Have not yet seen SS, but everyone i personally know said ot sucks.

I also feel that GOTG is one of the best marvel movies though...

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guardians of the Galaxy. Suicde Squad was an embarassment.

TheSpoiler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Guardians had better pacing, but was still mediocre overall.

Squad had a strong cast, characters, and some good scenes. Despite it's many many issues, I'd say it's better.

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Each film had things I liked more than the other, but overall I'd give the edge to Guardians.

warrior100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SS. i can't wait to get it on Blu-ray. i hope we get more Joker scenes. I thought Jared Leto as the joker was great and i hope he shows up in the Batman solo movie.