Gon Vs Midoriya | Which one is the better character?

Avatar image for deactivated-607707f852383
deactivated-607707f852383

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Which one is better?

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By EmmaFrostXmen

Midoriya, I feel very emotionally attached to him and his struggle, and I don’t usually care about main characters

SamJackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Midoriya, I feel very emotionally attached to him and his struggle, and I don’t usually care about main characters

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Definitely Gon

defiant_will

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cbarlion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gon. His moral ambiguity is more intriguing than Midoriya's hero complex

Edgelord91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Killua

Binnk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Binnk

Gon easily. Deku’s getting better now, but for most of the series I kinda found him boring as a protagonist. I feel like Gon was a deconstruction of the "happy go lucky Shonen protagonist" trope, which I found way more intriguing than Deku's heroic nature

Futureisbest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bink_69 said:

Gon easily. Deku’s getting better now, but for most of the series I kinda found him boring as a protagonist. I feel like Gon was a deconstruction of the "happy go lucky Shonen protagonist" trope, which I found way more intriguing than Deku's heroic nature

But was Gon truly a "happy go lucky" protag? His morals and how he deals with his problems is more young brutish, than happy go lucky, especially when he's serious. He's rather blunt and prideful and hate looking weak. That's a trait more in line of a grey character. That's something I like about Gon, but his exterior would say he would be a cheerful kid, but to be honest he simply just have the external trait of a average child. The juicy parts shows when he's desperate, and he shows his reckless and selfish side which usually ends in him self harming himself one way or another to get what he wants. He has a rather simple approach without subtlety

BlueApril

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like Midorya a bit better

Binnk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@futureisbest: Never actually saw it like this but yeah I see where you’re coming from. Especially during the CA arc, when he pretty much deluded himself into believing Kite was alive, then broke down when he finds out the truth, which shows how even though he acts like a cheerful kid, he’s still a child nonetheless who doesn’t really cope well with not getting his way

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gon: Completes his first goal in the 3rd episode. Gon: "I wanna find my deadbeat dad!" Gon: " When I had the chance to find the info on my real mother I refused" " Gon: "When killing pitou when killua his BFF said "STOP!" he didn't stop and only focused on a guy who was killed by pitou who he only knew for 3rd of the story" Gon: "When he finds his deadbeat dad and tells him kite died, ging only has a bit of emotionally scene, but really doesn't care"

Better character? Gotcha.

Deku: "Wants too be the number 1 hero, to save people and rise to rank that all might his idol is at" Deku " When faced with the challenge of running away from a 6 foot story robot or saving a girl he only knew for half a day he chooses to save the girl even if it meant to who knows dying" Deku " When fighting bakugo and clashing with him he chooses not to kill him with the 100% smash and facing the punch upwards making the team win" Deku " Saves a child who was being toxic to him the entire time, and only knew for about 1 day, almost risks his life for" " When shigaraki used his power to wipe out half the city with his one wave of decay, deku chooses to help other people with his untrained 2nd quirk, and carry's a truck and about 14 people" " When shigaraki uses decay in the battle, deku saves everyone, rather then save himself" "Deku fights AFO shigaraki head on knowing he might die, or his quirk that he loved so much would perish, just to save his friends" Gon basically risked all of his powers just to kill pitou just because he killed a side character.

Wow, deku saves people and thinks about millions of people before himself. Gon thinks of no one and focused on just getting revenge and even threatened his own friend just to get him away from him while getting his own revenge. Which is stupid since killua was mad about the death too, so thinking only about your own revenge was stupid and selfish.

Deku is the better character.

Personality: Pure heart, thinks about other before himself, risks his life for others he barley knows.

Main Character Wise: Has waifu's, became friends with his rival, actually talks with villains and tries to understand them like "shigaraki" btw naruto does the same thing showing sympathy towards villains, unlike gon.

Better Fights: Hxh obviously

Bettter Powers: Deku( Super Strength, Super Speed, Super Durability, Blackwhip, Smokescreen, Danger Sense, More Probs.

Allies: Deku: Has basically every hero on his side.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I personally like midoriya better.

Avatar image for deactivated-63348143d7cff
deactivated-63348143d7cff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gon for me

FaradaySloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gon, not a question. To say Deku is better because Gon was "selfish" is cringe ngl

Avatar image for deactivated-6077544883b09
deactivated-6077544883b09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deku, no question.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bink_69 said:

Well, I don't see how gon's personality is better because in the chimera ant everything changed with him, while after the war arc when thousands died, it didn't seem like midoriya's kind nature and personality changed. A real main character wouldn't have a changed personality even after something tragic as this. Like naruto and other characters like itadori from jutsu kaisen. Midoriya seems like the better character to be honest he doesn't get worked up after one death like gon did. Deku was in a war that thousands died from, and his spirt did not change. That's why people love deku that's why people like reading the series, and other characters have better personality than him which attracts more people. That's why mha is the number 6th best manga in japan and America right now, only losing to "The Promised Neverland" while hxh was really big until the chimera ant arc when gon changed really badly. Deku is literally inspired from goku and spiderman. Goku in all ways was the person to inspire gon and deku, until the chimera ant came where gon changed badly.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I say deku is better but not by a long shot. I would say if gon didn't change in the chimera ant arc he would be better than midoriya.

mejames255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By mejames255

Midoriya. He has more depth than Gon.

floridaman29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gon is the obvious choice.

dami24434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gon

Pr03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FangDaNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gon easily

KillianDuclark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tie.

Used to be Gon cause crybaby Midoriya used to get on my nerves. But current Deku is way more interesting

LucasCosta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bink_69 said:

But was Gon truly a "happy go lucky" protag? His morals and how he deals with his problems is more young brutish, than happy go lucky, especially when he's serious. He's rather blunt and prideful and hate looking weak. That's a trait more in line of a grey character. That's something I like about Gon, but his exterior would say he would be a cheerful kid, but to be honest he simply just have the external trait of a average child. The juicy parts shows when he's desperate, and he shows his reckless and selfish side which usually ends in him self harming himself one way or another to get what he wants. He has a rather simple approach without subtlety

I think that is what makes him a deconstruction.

Just like Kurapika have all the traits of a cold blooded avenger character, but is actually very Hot headed and make dumb decisions despite being depicted as smart.