Goku vs Vegeta or Naruto vs Sasuke - Which fights were better?

Avatar image for deactivated-5bc07bdd89a5f
deactivated-5bc07bdd89a5f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Goku vs Vegeta or Naruto vs Sasuke - Which fights were better? (46 votes)

Goku vs Vegeta 61%
Naruto vs Sasuke 39%

Which are the better fights - Goku vs Vegeta rounds 1&2 or Naruto vs Sasuke rounds 1&2?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

• 
thatduderox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Naruto vs Sasuke part one had more of an emotional impact, so it gets my vote. But the first Goku vs Vegeta fight was narly asf. I'm sure there's one but I'm having a hard time remembering a point when Goku got that beaten up in all of Dragonball. The closest I can think of is Piccolo shooting a hole through him and stomping on it. But even that pales in comparison to the first Goku vs Vegeta fight. Vegeta almost beat Goku to death. No exaggeration.

FaradaySloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By FaradaySloth

The one that inspired Naruto's version.

Avatar image for purpledeadragon
PurpleDeaDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

Naruto and Sasuke, they always had good effects and choreography.

Goku and Vegeta had good fights but my problem with Dragonball fights, in general, is after a while they start to look the same.

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saiyan Saga Goku vs Vegeta

infamous5445

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Naruto vs Sasuke definitely looked better, but I have to go with the OG shonen fight. It just left too much of an impact on me.

Devilmenworks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goku vs Vegeta the original fight.

sladerulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Naruto and Sasuke's battles are better looking and greater choreographed.

Goku and Vegeta's are more Iconic, but when you take away that nostalgia, it's easier for someone who doesn't follow either show to enjoy Naruto vs Sasuke more than Goku vs Vegeta.

BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BatmanPlusJay

Honestly I think people say Goku vs Vegeta because it's more nostalgic. No way in hell can their fights be better than Naruto vs Sasuke's when Naruto vs Sasuke fights are better choreographed, better animated, tactics/strategies aren't limited to only hand to hand combat like DB, and has more emotion behind it. When I see Naruto vs Sasuke I see two brothers fighting each other because they both feel like it's what they need to do even if they don't want to. When I see Goku vs Vegeta I see basically a spar between two good friends.

Bandedessinee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goku vs Vegeta saiyan saga > Naruto vs Sasuke (retrieval arc) > Naruto vs Sasuke ( war arc) > SSJ2 Goku vs Majin Vegeta Buu saga.

Kamehameha vs Garlic gun beam clash was a classic showdown.

Goku ripping his body apart with Kaioken was really brutal.

Vegeta in Oozaru squeezing the life out of Goku was really brutal.

Loading Video...

Loved Vegeta's overreaction face when Goku caused him to draw blood .

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13 the_stegman  Moderator

Naruto. Way better choreography, and it's more interesting watching their Styles and techniques clash. Is More Than Just Energy blasts after energy blast

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goku vs Vegeta saiyan saga > Naruto vs Sasuke (retrieval arc) > Naruto vs Sasuke ( war arc) > SSJ2 Goku vs Majin Vegeta Buu saga.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b8a3b8a2f17f
deactivated-5b8a3b8a2f17f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@bandedessinee said:

Bio Guyver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By Bio Guyver

Goku Vs Vegeta. Iconic and brutal.

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By MetalJimmor

@biswaboxz said:
@rukelnikovftw said:
@bandedessinee said:

This is my list too. The first Goku vs Vegeta battle was truly epic and one of the best fights in that franchise. It was also from the earlier half of Dragonball Z where fight choreography actually mattered, and Goku was forced to tactically use Kaio-ken to circumvent his opponent being baseline far superior to himself, which made the battle tense and interesting every step of the way.

Goku vs Majin Vegeta wasn't nearly as good as their first fight and was honestly a little bland. It also doesn't help that we learned later that Goku was holding back an entire transformation and could have ended it with a finger flick if he wanted.

The Naruto fights don't have as large a variance in quality but I'd say the first has a definite edge over their final fight. It was interesting watching them experiment with newly awakened powers and steadily adapt to one another's abilities as they grew. In their final fight they were already tired and didn't even use the vast majority of their jutsu because at that point they had too many abilities to showcase them all and the manga needed to wrap up quickly.

But I'd still say even the weaker of the two Naruto fights is more interesting to watch than Goku vs Majin Vegeta.

Super_ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goku vs. Vegeta.

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goku and Vegeta's first fight. Still my favorite fight in all of anime. Epic, brutal, well choreographed, and nostalgic. And the beam clash is the stuff of the legends.

darkonast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goku and Vegeta's first fight. Still my favorite fight in all of anime. Epic, brutal, well choreographed, and nostalgic. And the beam clash is the stuff of the legends.

I had this opinion too, although my fav anime fight of all time is probably Melodias vs Hendrickson or Yusuke vs Tuogoro

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

orega34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goku vs Vegeta

Heavenly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

goku vs vegeta because narutos emotional impact is weak as shit its just nooooo sasuke come back "No" Grr me angry now but the movements were clean mostly because they used handsigns for the first time in like 200 chapters

Asurakj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Naruto fight was much better. None of dbz fights can be considered above average.

thenamelessone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@asurakj: wrong

And Golu/Vegeta fight easily , The Buu saga fight was lame but the Saiyan saga one was such an important fight in the manga with tension and urgency , the Sasuke/Naruto fight one was good , the second one was clearly not going anywhere .

RDCDesmond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aryansingh: how was the first fight as kids better than their last battle ?😂That battle is more epic than your comprehension

thenamelessone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rdcdesmond: I was more emotionally impacted by the first fight , second fight just felt like demigod fighting , one of the main reasons i loved naruto was that fights actually required tactics with unique moveset , the last fight did not have have that .

RDCDesmond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rdcdesmond: I was more emotionally impacted by the first fight , second fight just felt like demigod fighting , one of the main reasons i loved naruto was that fights actually required tactics with unique moveset , the last fight did not have have that .

And Goku and Vegeta’s battle was emotionally impactful and had multi tactics ?😭

thenamelessone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rdcdesmond: first one was epic and had tons of character developed and created the entire character of vegeta and DBZ never made it seem like its fight were multi tactical , while Naruto did until War Arc .