Goku Fraud? Goku Only Lived Through Dragon Ball Cause Of Bardock Retcon.

Poopiehead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Goku Fraud? Goku Only Lived Through Dragon Ball Cause Of Bardock Retcon. (26 votes)

Yes Goku Is Fraud 58%
Toriyama And Toyo Suck 58%
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Bardock Made Wish On Dragon Balls.

• 
HumbleGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

LMAO garbage.

incredible writing from Toyo and Tori.

good thing Goku died so that wish vanished.

yoroshi0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LMAO garbage.

toyotaro is the one handling the manga. tori only gives vague notes

HumbleGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@yoroshi0 said:
@humbleguy said:

LMAO garbage.

toyotaro is the one handling the manga. tori only gives vague notes

maybe so but this is very important information so I wouldn't be surprised if Toriyama actually wrote that very clearly.

Avatar image for ryuuzakiscorpio
ryuuzakiscorpio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That explains Goku’s Gag character as a kid. Good writing! Explains how he lost those 4th wall breaking powers. I couldn’t have done it better myself.

Goku33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goku's someone who lies in your hearts, exists in your hope and truthfulness. He takes power from you, and SOLOS!!

Believe in Goku, he's never fraud.

The only frauds here are the writers.

Pandalumina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It gives an explanation to alot of unexplained events like Goku coming back after Piccolo stopped his heart or survivng Tao Pai Pai's Dodon Ray due to the four star ball 🤯

Avatar image for deactivated-63f8371460962
deactivated-63f8371460962

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Raditz died though.

Mahfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ah yes "thriving"

No Caption Provided

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 takenstew22  Moderator

"I'd wish that my sons end up thriving."

No Caption Provided

yoroshi0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It gives an explanation to alot of unexplained events like Goku coming back after Piccolo stopped his heart or survivng Tao Pai Pai's Dodon Ray due to the four star ball 🤯

''explanations''. bruh. there is nothing unexplained about those. they are just plot conveniences that exist to push the story forward, or would you like a dead goku?

that mindset is what set off the abomination that is the story wars sequels and their explanations.

yoroshi0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

toyotaro is being a low tier mangaka right now. damn

so how much you think he will plagiarize naruto, take?

RDCDesmond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poopiehead: No Bardock wish didn’t stop Goku from getting killed by Raditz nor suffering from a heart virus. If anything I think Bardock wish gave the two more “Luck” than anything. Maybe it was lucky Goku didn’t die from falling in a ravine and landing on his head as a child. Or it could be because of Goku‘s Saiyan body, being more durable than a average child or human who would’ve died or at least suffered serious life changing injuries. Raditz luck may have been not getting killed on random missions with Vegeta and Nappa.

McFlicky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks like a fraud to me

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 takenstew22  Moderator

@yoroshi0 said:
@takenstew22 said:

No Caption Provided

toyotaro is being a low tier mangaka right now. damn

so how much you think he will plagiarize naruto, take?

I don't see him plagiarizing Naruto besides that MUI susanoo.

absolutespirit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LMAO

Chapter hasn't even come out and people is already hating it passionately.

DB fans are hilarious, really.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By takenstew22  Moderator
@absolutespirit said:

LMAO

Chapter hasn't even come out and people is already hating it passionately.

DB fans are hilarious, really.

Chapter of what? This statement? It's already been out for awhile.

OrangeCrush81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Raditz was just wasted potential.

Randomidk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Raditz unraditzed himself

Pandalumina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Pandalumina
@yoroshi0 said:
@pandalumina said:

''explanations''. bruh. there is nothing unexplained about those. they are just plot conveniences that exist to push the story forward, or would you like a dead goku?

that mindset is what set off the abomination that is the story wars sequels and their explanations.

When has Goku dying ever mattered in DB? LOL

It lines up with early DB plotholes and unexplained events that made fans scratch their head to this very day, but yeah sure. They're just "plot convenieces". Whatever floats your boat ig

yoroshi0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yoroshi0 said:
@pandalumina said:

When has Goku dying ever mattered in DB? LOL

It lines up with early DB plotholes and unexplained events that made fans scratch their head to this very day, but yeah sure. They're just "plot convenieces". Whatever floats your boat ig

this screams of rey-ism but db edition. imma float with my boat the tf outta of the dbs trash

SamJackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Poopiehead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FRAUDKU CONFIRMED

No Caption Provided

ragegod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poopiehead: All that does is fix this. Was B.S when Hit did it in Super, was B.S in Dragon Ball.

No Caption Provided

gelato_exotic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By gelato_exotic

Yes he's a complete fraud now it might've not been affected (the wish protects him from death till he's "grown up") but even DBZ Goku's adult life is hard to take as seriously from this perspective considering how he shouldn't have even been there for it literally cheated death his way to adulthood. DBS fraudku would've been put in the dirt by prolly fucking Tao Pai Pai and definitely King Piccolo.

But DBS Bardock and that complete moron and cornball Monaito are the real culprits worst DB characters ever created forreal such a pointless character whose only purpose is to facilitate the abysmal regression and character assassination of Goku that's just happened. Only mfkers in DB who supposedly don't "understand saiyan pride" are Senileyama and Toyotaro because Goku and Geets clearly understood it quite well and carried it by the end of Namek till they were regressed in DBS for the sake of re development done infinitely worse than it's 1st time because that's how uncreative the two Ts are all this fake ass character development DBS 83-84 been tryna do was just filler till they got to a situation where Tracetaro could begin drawing his god awful fights

If this doesn't encourage people to treat DBS (at least this travesty of a manga, the anime's depiction of DBS Goku isn't THAT bad or contradictory with DBZ now after seeing this bullshit) as non canon to the 80s-90s DB and it's own continuity (DB/DBZ are canon to DBS but not vice versa like how the DBS anime is canon to SDBH but not the other way around) then idk what will

Only way to bring this dumpster fire of an arc back a little is if this supposed bait and switch theory that Monaito actually used the wish for Granola ends up being true but that still doesn't excuse the complete assassination of Goku and Vegeta as characters and Granola and Gas being the lamest antagonists DB has seen. Granola's concept was done MUCH better and more entertaining with Baby from DBGT.

Goku33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goku's not fraud. DBS doesn't matter. Its just a stupid retcon which doesn't change anything into the story, and should be ignored as trash writing..

Absol123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The DBS manga is non canon, though.

ragegod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@absol123 said:

The DBS manga is non canon, though.

Lool

JuzaCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By JuzaCloud

@gelato_exotic: I thought it meant them surviving planet namek. All other saiyan cgildren were eradicated with the planet. Not some safe guard throughout their whole young years. Where does it say that?

gelato_exotic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By gelato_exotic

@juzacloud:

https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/1524929498579226624?s=20&t=80IFttvUnEwF_pDvhxhLBw

No Caption Provided

"Growing up" would obviously extend past his newborn baby years and the fact that Vegeta immediately attributes him surviving death to the wish (not just by chance as it originally was which was much better), put 2 and 2 together and it's pretty clear this wish was a safeguard on his life till he's "grown up."

ragegod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My interpretation of the events is that he survived his homeworld's destruction because his parents sent him away and survived his youth due to the wish. Realistically, this only affects like two fights he had. Tao Pai Pai and Piccolo Daimao. He should have been killed in both instances.

JuzaCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By JuzaCloud

@gelato_exotic: this is Dragon ball where magic wish balls exist. You need to take this into consideration. In the world of DB no death is permanent except under certain circumstances. So how was this wish a safeguard from death when knowing this?

thrive

/THrīv/

Learn to pronounce

verb

(of a child, animal, or plant) grow or develop well or vigorously.

"the new baby thrived"

prosper; flourish.

"education groups thrive on organization"

gelato_exotic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By gelato_exotic

@juzacloud: Did you read the translation of the raw I sent there's no mention of the english word "thrive" that's just Viz's own dub. The phrase in japanese is equivalent to simply "growing up."

How is not a safeguard from death when it literally saves him from a death he was destined for (according to DBS's interpretation that is, please don't take anything I say into account about DB/DBZ) ?

JuzaCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ragegod: now that I'm thinking about it. I think he thrived as a youth, but the wish did not save him from death. In DB wish balls exist that can revive a person from death. This is what people aren't taking into consideration. He didn't survive king piccolo or Tao because of the wish.

JuzaCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gelato_exotic: it's the same thing. Let's not play the semantics game.

gelato_exotic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By gelato_exotic

@juzacloud: So then what else is thriving/growing up well possibly referring to in this taken on it's own pretty vague statement (not like Vegeta hasn't given the context already) ? That the wish facilitated his strength and training and growth on Earth? Won fights due to the wish? That'd be even worse..

ragegod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ragegod: now that I'm thinking about it. I think he thrived as a youth, but the wish did not save him from death. In DB wish balls exist that can revive a person from death. This is what people aren't taking into consideration. He didn't survive king piccolo or Tao because of the wish.

FRAUDKU CONFIRMED

No Caption Provided

Mmk

JuzaCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By JuzaCloud

@gelato_exotic: now that I'm going back and reading. Bardock had a hunch BEFORE the wish that freeza was going to destroy Planet Vegeta. The wish had nothing to do with goku and raditz surviving planet Vegeta destruction.

Thriving is the same as "growing up". Once again, no where does it explain that he survived Tao and King Piccolo because of the wish. The dragon balls negate all that. They could be killed and wished back. Which would constitute thriving. No different than anybody else. What the wish did assure is that they would grow up. Goku has lost battles as a kid. So i think some of you are misinterpreting.

Absol123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Absol123

The "Saiyans Pride"

No Caption Provided

is apparently to 2vs1 a guy.

No Caption Provided

I remember back in DBZ, Goku and Vegeta didn't dare 2vs1 Cell or kid Buu

even when the whole universe was at stake because of their pride

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 takenstew22  Moderator

@absol123 said:

I remember back in DBZ, Goku and Vegeta didn't dare 2vs1 Cell or kid Buu

even when the whole universe was at stake because of their pride

Which means technically, this is character development.

comicvinerguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By comicvinerguy

Calm down. It's not that deep. The wish was for goku and raditz to have a chance to grow and live a life, even vegeta implied it. How are they gonna grow if they were going to die by planet vegeta exploding? Oh right, by surviving it. Goku to earth while raditz with going out with vegeta and nappa. After that, it's up to them to "grow" and "thrive" and to live a life. This is good writing, better than the OG where goku Conveniently escaped planet vegeta moments before the planet got vaporized by frieza lmao. Kid goku surviving to tao pai pai and king piccolo was a thing that was written decades ago for the story to keep going or you could call it power armor or whatever before this "wish" thing got brought up or you guys would rather have the story ends with goku dying as kid?

like i said, calm down. Goku's achievement is his own.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

DBS manga is an abomination.

I dropped it 2 months ago but should've dropped much earlier.

Even the fan manga Dragon Ball Multiverse is leagues better