Godzilla: Mobile "Breeder" City Anime Mov ie first Poster!

Shin_Godzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

Chapter 2 "GODZILLA Fixed Battle Mobile Proliferation City" New Key Visual Initial Lifting! !

In the new key visual, there are characters from Hero of the main character, Yuuko of the heroine, Metaphies of the aliens Exil and Galg of the Billside, drawing from the previous work "Monster Planet", as well as <Godzilla Earth> Attention is also paid to the difference in facial expressions of various families as if each thought intersects toward the decisive battle!

In addition, it also turned out that twin sister · mina was in Miana of the new character car appearing from chapter two. Who is the fourth tribe named Futua who rescued the dying Haruo? Why could they coexist with Godzilla for over 20,000 years? It is becoming increasingly mysterious visual.

And behind Godzilla Earth, which is being attacked in the gigantic structure, "Mechagodzilla" which is "the last hope of mankind" is also depicted. Monster / Mechagodzilla boasting popular series immobility, which was newly created by expression unique to animation movies, is about to finally wake up. Please continue to expect information that will gradually be released!

Gojira2512

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Soo cool poster!

No Caption Provided

TheDeathstroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

The artwork is dope

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn. That's how you do a poster lol.

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That is a pretty great poster. Can't wait to see some Mechagodzilla action. I do hope we get some other Kaiju as well, though. I am kind of curious if there's a Mothra still around.

Avatar image for purpledeadragon
PurpleDeaDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Title sounds lewd...

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2dd32201ad6
deactivated-5b2dd32201ad6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ig-88:

I had thought of that as well. Whenever there are twins there is sure to be a Mothra nearby.

Title sounds lewd...

The moment Godzilla became an anime a Godzilla hentai was inevitable.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#10 wildvine  Moderator

Unpopular opinion here, what's the attraction? We've seen Godzilla vs MG in movies and comics. Even if they look slightly different they're still basically the same. Kong vs Godzilla has only happened once. That hasn't been done to death. They can do new things with that. There's nothing left to ring from G vs MG. This is one of my issues with the comics. They expect us to get excited for the same monsters that keep getting recycled. Its like Final Wars except cynical

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wildvine:

This will be fairly different from other showdowns. For one, this Godzilla is three times larger than the one Mechagodzilla was designed to fight, so I doubt this Mechagodzilla will be able to beat this more evolved Godzilla 1v1. There will need to be something else to this movie.

Plus, this series' entire premise is unique from other movies to begin with. It's a planet ruled by Godzilla that humanity is trying to reclaim rather than a human controlled Earth being ravaged by kaiju and aliens. Mechagodzilla as a weapon mankind can use to fight Godzilla makes perfect sense for the story they are telling.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By wildvine  Moderator

@metaljimmor: ... yeah. MG has almost always been a weapon to fight G. So really just a setting change. Making G bigger isn't enough to draw me in.

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wildvine:

Fair. Though Godzilla being so much larger and more powerful puts Mechagodzilla at a much greater disadvantage than ever before. Mechagodzilla is always a rival to Godzilla in power. This will be the first time that it is the clear underdog being controlled by humans who have already lost the war against Godzilla. On paper Mechagodzilla doesn't even have a chance at winning this time.

There's also the subplot that the Bilusaludo were planning to take control of Mechagodzilla in order to conquer Earth once Godzilla was gone. The machine's ultimate loyalties may not be to humanity after all. It's an interesting blend between the Showa and Heisei versions of the character.

I'm also curious. What stories can they tell with a Godzilla vs King Kong movie that hasn't already been told in Godzilla's 30+ other movies?

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By Vertigo-
No Caption Provided

Yassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I just can't deal with CG.

zill0678

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just can't deal with CG.

yea it looks bad in cgi and if i dont see some more godzilla action in this next one i may not watch the last one

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 wildvine  Moderator

@metaljimmor: You keep bringing up the size thing, but that simply doesn't matter to me. Either Godzilla stomps, which is a boring fight, or MG holds his own in which case the size difference doesn't matter. Put G in clown makeup and make him fight a broody MG with a cape-- its still G vs MG. Tweaking the characters to imply newness doesn't make them new. About G vs KK, technology has evolved, KK can move more fluidly now, he could have new ways of attacking, its not a fight that been done over and over, like G vs MG, which was my entire point and hasn't changed. I can think of like ten Godzilla kaiju that could be rebooted that haven't been done to death across various media

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wildvine:

If the only difference between Godzilla vs Kong and GvMG is new technology allowing for new fighting choreography, wouldn't the same apply to GvMG? I haven't read the comics, but you can do a lot more with a computer animated film than you can guys in rubber suits. MG can also be fitted out with new weapon loadouts and abilities as the plot demands to make the fight fresh, and as I said the size difference will radically change how the fight plays out. We've never really had a kaiju fight where one kaiju is six times larger than their opponent. Such a battle would be near impossible with rubber suit effects.

Granted, we don't know if Mechagodzilla will even fight the Earth Godzilla in this film. There could be more Godzilla Filius' about. We could get a Mechagodzilla that has to fight multiple Godzillas at the same time or some other kaiju entirely. There are going to be three films, so I imagine the final showdown between humanity and it's allies vs Earth Godzilla will happen in the last. This movie will probably be about gathering resources and allies so the protagonists have a chance at winning.

I understand why you might be burned out on Mechagodzilla, but for the story they are telling it makes the most sense. He's a heavily modifiable kaiju and one of the very few ones directly controlled by human pilots that can flesh out this "Godzilla vs Mankind" plot they have going. So I suppose that's why I feel the hype for MG. I like where the story is going and want to see that final battle between humanity and Godzilla, and MG is the ideal vessel for that. If they brought in King Kong then it'd be a Godzilla vs Kong movie, and this is supposed to be a series about Godzilla vs Humanity.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 wildvine  Moderator

@metaljimmor: Okay. I'll take one last try at this.

If the only difference between Godzilla vs Kong and GvMG is new technology allowing for new fighting choreography, wouldn't the same apply to GvMG?

No. Because that's not my point. My point is GvsMG has been done to death. New CG won't make it fresh for me. Tweaking the character modules won't make it fresh to me.

and as I said the size difference will radically change how the fight plays out.

I already explained why the size difference doesn't matter.

He's a heavily modifiable kaiju and one of the very few ones directly controlled by human pilots that can flesh out this "Godzilla vs Mankind" plot they have going.

How many movies had a monster being controlled as a plot? Not even counting comics and cartoons where this happens. This is a new canon with new rules. Any monster in the canon could be used by humanity. Or even a new monster. Its fiction. The sky is the limit.

If they brought in King Kong then it'd be a Godzilla vs Kong movie, and this is supposed to be a series about Godzilla vs Humanity.

I didn't say they should bring Kong in. I used him as an example because he hasn't been done to death. Again, there are over a dozen established kaiju related to Godzilla and again, any one of them could be controlled in a reboot and it would still be humanity vs G.

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wildvine:

I feel like you're getting the impression I am trying to change your opinion and getting frustrated by that, but I'm not. Your first post asked what the attraction is. I'm just trying to explain what the attraction is for me and why I am excited. If you don't feel the same way that is fine. It's not my goal to make you hyped for Mechagodzilla.

How many movies had a monster being controlled as a plot? Not even counting comics and cartoons where this happens. This is a new canon with new rules. Any monster in the canon could be used by humanity. Or even a new monster. Its fiction. The sky is the limit.

Addressing this point though, there's a big difference between a machine built by human engineers with Earth's resources and piloted by living humans (probably the protagonist of these movies) so that they can fight on Godzilla's level and just mind controlling another kaiju to fight for us. Mechagodzilla works for this story because he's a vessel for the human protagonists to fight Godzilla themselves.

It's not so much another Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla fight as it is Godzilla vs Haruo Sakaki using MG as a vessel to take revenge on his hated enemy.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 wildvine  Moderator

@metaljimmor: I think you're splitting hairs when you make distinctions between "piloting a mech" and "controlling a monster." Either one is just a means to the end.

Avatar image for masterskywalker
MasterSkywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By MasterSkywalker

Another movie is already coming out? That was quick.

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wildvine:

The main difference to me is that with a mech the pilots are inside the machine and are at risk of death, while controlling a kaiju is done from a safe, far away location. It's less personal. Unless they do something weird like build a cockpit inside the kaiju's chest.

I suppose they could always say the "pilot" of the controlled kaiju is linked and experiences the kaiju's pain and might die, but that still feels less personal to me than physically being there to stare Godzilla in the eye.

Either way, to each their own. We can agree to disagree.

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@metaljimmor:

The main difference to me is that with a mech the pilots are inside the machine and are at risk of death, while controlling a kaiju is done from a safe, far away location. It's less personal. Unless they do something weird like build a cockpit inside the kaiju's chest.

I do recall them actually doing exactly this during Godzilla against Mechagodzilla, where Kiryu was unable to be remotely controlled after it's remote control was damaged, so Akane Yashiro went down and took manual control and finished the fight against Godzilla. They actually had a cockpit built into Kiryu just in case, so even then, it's not weird or even new.

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vertigo-:

Well yes. A cockpit inside Kiryu isn't weird. I mean if they took a living kaiju like King Kong and hollowed out a compartment in their chest to pilot it like you would a mech. That would be weird.

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@metaljimmor: I thought you were referring to MechaGodzilla in regards to the cockpit thing. Not any old random Kaiju

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vertigo-:

Nah. I was saying having a cockpit in Mechagodzilla made sense and allowed the fight between humans and Godzilla to be more personal than if humans just controlled a kaiju to fight for them. You can't get the same sort of "humans vs Godzilla" feel unless you build a cockpit inside another kaiju, which would be weird.

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@metaljimmor: Could pull a Mecha King Ghidorah, providing they had the time to modify it

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vertigo-:

True, but I imagine if they bring in Ghidorah it'll be in the last movie, if at all.

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@metaljimmor: I don't see them bringing in Ghidorah, I'm not sure it would fit with the theme they seem to be running with in these movies

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vertigo-:

Same. So far it's definitely humans vs Godzilla. It'd be kind of weird to have King Ghidorah or Gigan show up to fight Godzilla.

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@metaljimmor: At best, I can see some throwaway line or something about one of them (or both of them) showing up within the 20,000 year timeskip and being killed by Godzilla. Maybe the humans find a corpse or something

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vertigo-:

I could see that. The movie seems to thrive on references. The backstory to the movie read like every Godzilla movie was happening at the same time before the humans left Earth.

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@metaljimmor: Yeah. The prequel novel actually one ups the movies intro and has tons of Kaiju making appearances and eventually getting killed off.