inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
No Caption Provided

Back during New York Comic Con, we got an early hands-on look at Ghostbusters: the Board Game, which you can check out here (Spoiler alert: it was fun). Now, revealed in a press release, Ghostbusters: The Board Game will be available through retailers on November 11.

Ghostbusters is a cooperative tabletop game which puts players in control of the Ghostbuster team as they fight off some famous and infamous ghosts. The Kickstarter campaign raised $1.5 million, which makes it the 8th most-funded board game of all time. The 1-4 player game retails for $85 and will be available in stores and online.

No Caption Provided

Here's more about the game.

Players choose one of the four Ghostbusters character figures (Peter Venkman, Egon Spengler, Winston Zeddemore and Ray Stantz) and then select from one of the game’s pre-written scenarios, beginning a game session that lasts from 30 minutes to 2 hours, depending on the chosen scenario(s) and degree of difficulty. Each of the Ghostbusters has unique traits and talents that can assist the entire team, with highly cooperative gameplay. As players gain experience from banishing spirits, the Ghostbusters level up, gaining new abilities that help them take on greater challenges. The team can also hop in the Ecto-1, the Ghostbusters’ converted ambulance, to help them quickly move through the city.

Ghostbusters™: The Board Game includes the 48 custom mini figures, including the four Ghostbusters character figures (Peter Venkman, Egon Spengler, Winston Zeddemore and Ray Stantz), 10 double-sided map tiles, 6 dice, 43 tokens, 4 player cards, 6 ghost cards, 15 unique scenarios, and more!

Ghostbusters™: The Board Game will be available starting November 11 for a suggested retail price of $85. Kickstarter backers will get early access to the game and receive their copies starting the final week of October.

Check out Ghostbusters: The Board Game on November 11 and make sure to come back to Comic Vine in the next couple of weeks for a review of the game.

No Caption Provided

space4rentt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This game looks awesome. I'll have to check it out.

Also that first picture of the game pieces is epic!

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#2 inferiorego  Staff

This game looks awesome. I'll have to check it out.

Also that first picture of the game pieces is epic!

They looked REALLY good in person.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

I just wish I had someone to play this with.

Avatar image for captaingenisvell
CaptainGenisVell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm waiting for my kickstarter set to turn up.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With the actual Ghosbusters.

In before someone on Tumbler claims this is sexist.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Staypuft looks like a boss.

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kinda looks like Zombicide which is fun but has more variety of characters than this does. I'm hoping they can come up with some expansions, maybe throw in Janine, Dana and Louis as potential characters.