Geralt of Rivia's strength level

• 83 results
Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I know well he's a legit superhuman in speed and reflexes, but I wonder, according with books, games, comics, how strong is Geralt? Any chance he's a 2-3+ tons level?

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 rogueshadow  Moderator

He isn't in that range, even going off the games.

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He shouldn't have an enhanced strength above a regular human?

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Lubub55

Xerolot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Xerolot

General Strength

Striking Power

From @lubub55 respect thread

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep, Lubub55 is a real expert of the character. Thanks to have tagged him.

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xerolot: According with these feats he's not less strong than a DC/Marvel peak human for sure

Joker567892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Above a normal human in real life, below Marvel/DC Peak Humans, somewhere in between.

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Alexander505

He has really few strength feats tho, but some striking power feats are powerful, like when he cut off the head of a monster durable like a rock with one hit

Gaoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always imagined Geralt's mutations amped his reflexes and perceptions more than brute strength.

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The mutation made him superhuman in speed, reflexes, stamina/durability but not strength apparently. He defeated in arm wrestling a peak human tho, I don't know how strong are peak humans in Witcher universe, but can't be weaker than a real life peak human. Currently an elite strongman is strong enough to bench 330 kilos on raw bench press and 216-220 kg on log press. So, the minimum strength for him can't be less than 250-300 kg.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084
deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@Lubub55

I find it difficult to put an exact number on it, but he's certainly enhanced in strength to a noticeable degree. I think it's important to show how he's presented in-universe more than anything else when establishing the opinions of the writers/developers.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

Here are three sources, one from CD Projekt RED's website and the other two from the Blood & Wine DLC that state witchers have their physical strength boosted as part of their mutations, and in the DLC Geralt has his mutations boosted further so it's safe to say he's clearly above peak human.

Loading Video...

As shown here. At 0:41 Adam gives his backstory and explains why keeping strong is so important to him. He's much taller and larger than Geralt and is - with the exception of somebody who cheats - the best arm wrestler encountered in the game and a peak human in strength. Though skill plays a large part in arm wrestling in real life, comments on Geralt's strength are made throughout the video and after Geralt wins the match at 6:19, Adam comments specifically on how strong Geralt is and how if the Nilfgaardian he fought was as strong, he wouldn't be there to arm wrestle. Further confirmed in the quest log for arm wrestling:

What a fight it was! Adam Pangratt's technique was excellent, as was his grit. He only lacked mutagens coursing through his veins.

Adam's lack of enhancements are attributed to his loss in arm wrestling.

the_wspanialy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The mutation made him superhuman in speed, reflexes, stamina/durability but not strength apparently.

Geralt possesses superhuman reflexes and strength, and his sword fighting skills are second to noone.

The Witcher Adventure Game - Rules Reference Guide

Their more efficient immune systems give them tremendous resistance to disease and a prolonged lifespan. They become stronger, faster, and more rugged than humans in every way.

The Witcher Pen & Paper RPG

camilopezo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Above a normal human in real life, below Marvel/DC Peak Humans, somewhere in between.

The power of the Peak humans in Marvel/DC depends on the writer and the plot, sometimes they are weaker than what Geralt demonstrated in the "respect-to" and other times they are almost as strong as Spider-Man or an Asgardian.

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Alexander505

So he have got a certain degree of super strength but we don't know the level exactly. Witcher 3 failed to portray his great strength tho, he doesn't look particularly strong. He's definitely more consistent than Marvel/DC peak humans tho. Geralt is from another universe totally, so different standard, so he might be strong as a Marvel/DC peak human.

Eredin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Eredin12

Geralt is just as strong as Letho and Letho can throw a full-grown person in armor like 5 meters away through the stone wall so hard it destroys the wall and then continues to fly for another few meters

That is just as good as any feat of Batman or Cap ( without PIS)

So he is strogner than 616 Cap for example by a good amount

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably he's around this level, that, btw, can't be less than 2-3 tons ;) I consider him above them in speed tho (maybe reflexes too), probably he is fast as Spidey, with an medium level of healing factor, like Deathstroke. The cool thing is that he can always boost himself, in strength and healing factor (Wolverine level), even a potion that give him a boost in speed and reflexes (not less than a legit bullet timer here). Those potions, according with composite Geralt (books+games) are in his standard equipment.

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Alexander505

"So he is around Batman/616 Cap level"

They have never overpowered a giant creature like a Dragon as Geralt did in Witcher 2. Geralt used his mere strength to smash on the ground a dragon while he was flying..it require a strength above someone like them or Wolverine, so, we're above a 3 tonner..

the_wspanialy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alexander505: Trading blows with Dettlaff comes to mind as well, considering insane scaling he gets from fiends.

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dettlaff boss fight is the real gold standard to understand better Geralt's physical abilities, unfortunately not so well portrayed due to combat system and RPG mechanics, just think about his agility not seen at all in all game, and Witchers got the same agility of a Halfling, described to have an amazing agility and incredible speed (according with books). Trading blows with Dettlaff, even without using the thunderbolt potion suggest 5-10 tons range IMHO.

Jordan1Kenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

I died from jumping off a one meter wall. Geralt is less durable than Humpty Dumpty

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Alexander505

From The Witcher - Of flesh and flame #4

This is an interesting strength feat. Geralt stops with his sword a direct attack from a giant monster. To do that, due to the giant size of monster, it requires a multi tons strength to do that. Definitely a good showing of his super strength.

https://www.photobox.co.uk/my/photo/full?photo_id=502013898471

Eredin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Eredin12

@alexander505: Yes you are right blocking hits from Dettltaff and trading blows with him, who can effortlesly destroy 1-meter thick wall, overpowering Ilmrieth ( who can effortlesly snap Vesimirs neck with one arm , to snap neck of human you need 500 kg of force, Wichers are at least 20 times more durable than normal humans( Letho no solled jump from 20 meters that would explode your body if you did that) and they have other good feats like tanking htis from higher vampries without being harmed, that puts Ilmreith one arm at least on 5, 10 ton range , and Geralt overpowered him

Also trading bows with Dettlaff, blocking 150-200 kg Mace from somone like Ilmreith while his sword did not move even inch from impact, it would be almost impossible for a normal human to hold his sword like that even if average human hited your sword with 1 kg weapon

He is strogner than Cap or Batman by a good amount

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Book Geralt is superior to real life humans but hes not Batman level

Game Geralt is different he has some crazy feats and in general is a lot more overpowered

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 buildhare  Online

He's stronger than real life peak humans, the kind of peak humans being rattled off in this thread are his peers, he's low level superhuman in most areas.

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Alexander505

He's a low metahuman level in strength, from a minimum to 3 tons to 10 max, but way better level in speed and reflexes. Geralt seen in Monsters Hunters is way stronger tho, it was a crossover, they actually used the same CDPR's Geralt.

I have the feeling Geralt is the typical character without a specific strength level, he can be strong as Wolverine, and way stronger than him others times. The only official thing is he's described having a superhuman strength; although this statement is vague it still obvious he's the typical character with a low metahuman strength, generally 3-20 tons range, but for Geralt the range 5-10 tons, suits him better.

He's lacking feats tho, his healing factor and durability should be understand better, his agility level too, in books was said Witchers are agile as an Halfling, a specific race in Witcher Universe born with a natural superhuman agility. Without a comics series (very few comics we have right now) is quite impossible to put him in a specific level. We just need more showings, but quite unlikely unfortunately, he doesn't have a comics series right now just a bunch of stories (4-5 stories max) published once a year.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

Geralt being a 10 tonner is madness. I massively doubt that he's a 3 tonner either. You're basically saying he can bench a large SUV, which really isn't something I can envision him doing.

A massive part of pulling the dragon's head back was the pain, he stuck a hook blade into it. He's very strong but he's nothing like what people are claiming in this thread.

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Alexander505

He overpowered a dragon, you can't do it without a good amount of raw strength.. to be less stronger than a 3 tons as are you saying, isn't less laughable than Geralt be a 10 tonner. Can't see him under a class 5.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 rogueshadow  Moderator

He overpowered a dragon, you can't do it without a good amount of raw strength.. to be less stronger than a 3 tons as are you saying, isn't less laughable than Geralt be a 10 tonner. Can't see him under a class 5.

Of course you need a lot of strength, not sure how you quantify it, but you'd need a lot. But the hook blade was a major element in my opinion, he was physically hurting the dragon, if you stick a sharp object above a creature's eye and pull it's going to go backwards in that direction. He didn't just grab its horns and yank it back.

I'm not saying Geralt isn't blatantly superhuman by real world terms, he obviously is, but this is not a class 5 feat.

Calling him a 10 tonner, you are basically saying that Geralt can bench one of these:

No Caption Provided

katanalauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think he could get to this level with some potions

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

His strength level is open to interpretation, same his level with potions. For me, he isn't under 5 tons.

Eredin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Eredin12

@rogueshadow: I cannot envision Batman or Daredevil, dodging bullets, I really cannot, they are normal humans in their lore so i think it is stupid, but they are bullet timers and i cannot deny that dragon did not scream in pain or show any signs of pain at all, maybe it has extremly good pain tolerance, maybe it does not feel pain at all, so i disagree, he overpowered dragon fair and square. All other things are just fan theories . Normal humans(even strong one) struggle to do that to even dog

And he has feats prove he is in 5- 10-ton range

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@eredin12 said:

@rogueshadow: I cannot envision Batman or Daredevil, dodging bullets, I really cannot, they are normal humans in their lore so i think it is stupid, but they are bullet timers and i cannot deny that dragon did not scream in pain or show any signs of pain at all, maybe it has extremly good pain tolerance, maybe it does not feel pain at all, so i disagree, he overpowered dragon fair and square. All other things are just fan theories . Normal humans(even strong one) struggle to do that to even dog

And he has feats prove he is in 5- 10-ton range

Except he doesn't... think what you like. I don't have the energy for this.

Eredin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: I think that he does but and i said why, but Fair enough i am fine with you disagreeing with me

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Alexander505

Everybody is right here somehow, because Geralt's strength wasn't defined well, so, it's open to interpretation, for me and others he's in 5-10 tons range, for others he's 2-3 tons, for others he's equal/under Batman/Cap level. It's fine.

For me, overpower a dragon or block with his mere strength an attack from a giant monster is definitely a multi tonner feat. Geralt just need more feats

the_wspanialy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is an interesting strength feat. Geralt stops with his sword a direct attack from a giant monster. To do that, due to the giant size of monster, it requires a multi tons strength to do that. Definitely a good showing of his super strength.

You either posted a wrong link or something's not right on my end. Either way, I can't see anything. Could you post a scan here?

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sorry, I'll post it again on my PC desktop

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

the_wspanialy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alexander505: Very interesting indeed.

Btw. thanks for introducing me to Of Flesh and Flame. Somehow I wasn't aware of it's existance.

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Alexander505

The last comic for now, for another one it will takes (maybe) the next year as usual :( shame Witcher haven't a real comics series..

JohnCena69swag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In the books he isnt anything outrageously strong. Somewhere around peak human level if not slightly above. The games on the other hand ... well that's more or less a different character.

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Alexander505

Because there isn't any feat of strength in books, but he said many times to be ridiculously fast and agile, basically he moves FTE almost all the time. Anyway in CDPR universe books are canon, so, he's still the same Geralt.

Cramem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Cramem

@alexander505 said:

Because there isn't any feat of strength in books, but he said many times to be ridiculously fast and agile, basically he moves FTE almost all the time. Anyway in CDPR universe books are canon, so, he's still the same Geralt.

If you want to speak about canonicty, then according to the creator of the witcher, himself, the games aren't canon.

Sapkowski on non-canonicity of the games:

"Let me explain: the computer game cannot, in the slightest, be treated as a continuation of the witcher cycle, a sequel or a furthering of the events described in the last volume of the saga, titled "Lady of the Lake". Any and all adaptations - films, comics or games, including the game "The Witcher", are only adaptations, entirely separate narrative creations, the works of their creators. They have no relation to the adventures of the witcher Geralt as written by me, and definitely and absolutely cannot be treated as canon of any kind - as the only canon is comprised of my own writings, published in printed form. Therefore, if I indeed continue the tale of the witcher - regardless of whether as a prequel, sequel or spin-off - I will not, even in the slightest, base my writing on any adaptation, I will entirely disregard elements of these adaptations - as there is no place for them in the actual canon of the witcher stories. I stress that this is in no way a judgement regarding their quality - I especially view "The Witcher" game as a high quality product, a particularily well-made adaptation, true to the original source.

The game cannot be canon however, and may not be treated as such. The game world and the world of literature are entirely separate creations."

_______

Only his books are canon, Comics, Games, Movies, TV series are non-canon.

BubblegumMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New52 Batman level probably,

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Alexander505

I don't want to talk about book Geralt only, we're talking about composite Geralt, which means games+books+dark horse comics, all in continuity in the same universe. All books are canonical in CDPR's universe.

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Alexander505

@bubblegumman: If N52 Batman is at least a 3 tons then yes, he could be, it's the minimum strength I would bet for Geralt, many people underestimate how much strength ir require to cut in half some monsters he fight.

Cramem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't want to talk about book Geralt only, we're talking about composite Geralt, which means games+books+dark horse comics, all in continuity in the same universe. All books are canonical in CDPR's universe.

Why taking the books geralt? He is much weaker than Game's Geralt.

Books are not canon to the CDPR universe since they contradicts 70% of what's written in the books. But i'd say the, only the books lore, are canon to the game. The rest: The story, the characters, they events are none.

There are some events in the books that are brought up in the game like: Geralt knee's injury, Regis "death"..Etc

But there a lot of differences which alones would make the books non canon to the games and the most important one is: Ciri, in the books is not a child of Elder Blood, that's Alvin. He is the child of destiny

I think we shouldn't take book geralt into account because in the books he is far from being the great warrior he is in the games,. Monsters, in the books, are rare, infact, it was mentionned that the witchers will come to inxtinct because Monsters jobs are extremely rare.

I mean, if you are looking for feat in the books and if you can find ones on par with the games feats then it's fine, but from what i've read you should just ignore them.

In the books, geralt is a strategist. He signs aren't as powerful as they are in the game. Infact, in the books, they have a totally different fonction: Igni in the books can light up candles and burn ropes. It's not a combat move

Geralt used his Axiis just to calm his horse.

Yrden is not a trap in the books, it's a protective spell.

Aard is employed in combat, but more to push an opponent off balance rather than to knock down multiple foes.