Avatar image for bossdarksied355
Bossdarksied355

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Bossdarksied355

Though I'm not much into comics anymore, it's always fun to look back and think on some things. Currently that is centered around the Celestials, their origin and their existence within certain realities. I'm sure that now with all of the relaunches their is some new origin for them and I'm sure it's at least, somewhat convoluted. What always stuck with me though was Nathaniel Richards comment on the wiki about his suspicion that their powers derived from hyperspace. Thinking about it, yeah it makes sense, their powers aren't necessarily godly it's just that they have more freedom to tinker. We are four dimensional beings, we have the three dimensional space we can move freely in and the fourth dimension of time in which we have no choice but forward in the constant march toward greater entropy. But they exist in five dimensions and perhaps that allows for more flexibility and the rest of this post is me rambling about that. Note that this is me talking about the Celestials origins and abilities that are pretty much pre Secret Wars so chances are that there's some new piece of info that will destroy my entire post.

Let's talk dimensions(excluding time) and I have a wonderful description from Neil DeGrasse Tyson. A point is a zero dimensional space, no room for any kind of movement or expression. Following that we have the line, a one dimensional space with two zero dimensional points on the end. One could move foreword or backward freely in that space but that is all. Next we have a two dimensional square which is made of four one dimensional lines and in this space you have the freedom on forward and backward, left and right. Now we move on to the three dimensional cube which consists of six two dimensional squares and in this space you have the freedom to move up down left right forward back. The next leg up would be the four dimensional hypercube, which is an eight sided cube and each side consists of a three dimensional space(that's a lot of extra space!). Think about it, how much power would you have if you found a two dimensional world? What could you achieve with having a birds eye view of everything that is happening and what could you do if you wanted to influence it? Now move it to a higher dimension than ours, where the acts of those beings would seem godly to us, to them it could just be utilizing the space that those extra dimensions provide just like how your influence over a two dimensional existence would seem godly to them but to you the normal action within three dimensions.

Now let's introduce time into the equation but first, what is time? Time is causality and causality is the term used to explain the fact that there is an underlying cause for every effect. This goes all the way back to the big bang which caused everything and the resulting universe is the effect. The funny thing is that causality(time) has a speed limit which just so happens to be the speed of light, which isn't light speed but the speed of causality and every event or creation/birth, evolution/progression, death/decay can only happen within that speed limit and only to objects that have mass. So the photon which is the light carrier does not experience time because it doesn't have mass. Now that sounds a bit weird but let me explain, you are moving at light speed this very moment.The thing is that unlike a massless object like a photon that is moving exclusively through space, you are moving through space andtime, so your speed is split into two different directions but it all still equals to the speed of causality from which you are forever bound and cannot exceed. Now considering that the Celestials exist in a higher dimension and can move freely in time, that would suggest that time(causality) is another dimension that can be fully traversed just like your third dimension over a two dimensional space. The deeper implications of this is that there is no now, there is no past and there is no future and that every event that has ever happened and ever will happen simply exists in a complete four dimensional space that we can't comprehend because we don't exist outside of it or at least in a high enough dimension to comprehend it fully.

Considering all of this, it makes some sense that the Celestials are the way they are. It makes sense that they have to use their armor to interact with our lower dimensional universe, maybe because they exist outside of causality, they can't influence it unless they actually have a vessel inside that space form fitted for that spaces laws that they can inhabit. It makes sense that they can't truly die because it's only a suit that's being destroyed and not the essence because it exists outside of spacetime. It makes sense that their powers seem so godly but maybe if you were elevated to their level, that type of action could be as common as you influencing a 2D picture in your 3D space. It makes sense how they can traverse through time the way the do, since it's probably all out there, each event open to be influenced or merely experienced. Though the biggest problems are always inconsistencies and no where is that worse than in comics. Every writer has their own spin and it can be maddening to find what is actually canon and once you think you have it, someone slaps you with some obscure comic panel that changes everything so don't take this as anything more than an opinion. Also note that all of my explanations are very base, I didn't factor relativity or anything more complicated into this because I didn't want to write a book, like I said above, it's merely rambling. CHEERS!