Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By the_red_viper  Moderator
No Caption Provided

My top 10 deaths in "Game of Thrones"!

There have been SO MANY deaths in these 6 seasons that picking only 10 is nigh-impossible. But some deaths just stand out, and I think I will enjoy making this list. I don't know if I should call it my "favorite" deaths... but they just are, lol. For the sake of Political Correctness, I'll just say these are the top 10 most... memorable deaths to me in the series. You might not agree with me here, but hey, that's just my personal opinion. And besides, remember that it's different to people who read the books before watching the show like I did, since some things who were huge plot-twists didn't really come as a surprise.

Now, I don't think that anyone who sees this topic's title will click it if they didn't watch the whole series thus far, but still, just to be on the safe side:

And some very graphic content too obviously.
And some very graphic content too obviously.

So, let's start the joy-ride!

10:

Kraznys mo Nakloz:

No Caption Provided

There's not much that can top being burnt alive by a dragon, much less a baby dragon, much less a baby dragon that you think you own, and much, MUCH less than that if you're one nasty mofo who really deserved this sort of agony since the moment you appeared on screen.

This is but a small part of a very, VERY badass scene from season 3, and one of my all-time favorite scenes in the show.

That jackass slaver who really looks like that evil uncle from "The Dictator" pissed me off since the very first time he appeared on-screen. He kept throwing insults at our beloved Daenerys in High Valyrian, which is a language that he thought she didn't understand. And seconds before his death, she revealed to him that she speaks High Valyrian fluently, which made this scene THAT much more satisfying.

Dracarys, motherf***er.

9:

Ser Barristan Selmy:

No Caption Provided

This is the moment that a legend has fallen. Ser Barristan the Bold is one of the most legendary knights in the history of Westeros. A near-peerless fighter with more amazingly amazing feats under his belt than basically anybody else out there.

In this scene, this walking legend proves to us one last time that age is just a number. A beast over sixty years old, Barristan heroically steps in to save the day when Grey Worm is ambushed and surrounded by a crap-load of Sons of the Harpy. He fights them with jaw-dropping skill until he is overwhelmed by sheer numbers. But don't worry, in his final stand the man took more than 12 of the bastards down with him.

He wasn't killed straight away, Grey Worm killed that last one before he got to slit Selmy's throat. But sadly, he later died of his wounds. Grey Worm is alive only thanks to him, though, so that's somewhat of a solace.

This death isn't really satisfying in terms of "FINALLY THIS GUY IS DEAD!!!", but it is one of the finest final-stands in the show, and it really is an epic fight scene altogether.

8:

The Sept of Baelor and everyone in it:

No Caption Provided

Oh my GOD that was so satisfying to watch, I don't even care how many innocent lives were lost. The High Sparrow deserved it, as did the whole Faith Militant, and I wasn't much of a fan of Mace Tyrell either. Margaery was REALLY hot (hottest in the series in my humble opinion) and she's practically the only one I hated seeing die so horribly in there, but it's a fair price to pay to see all those other bastards burn.

This whole scene is so... good. The background music is so amazing and fits right in with the scenery... the whole thing gave me goosebumps the first time I saw it.

One of the best orchestrated mass-murders in the history of live-action. Very nice job there, Cersei. Loved it, keep up the good work!

7:

Princess Shireen Baratheon:

No Caption Provided

I don't know who cried harder here: Shireen, her mother, or me. Seriously, taking a little girl and burning her alive at the stake as sacrifice to the gods is just so... wrong. Obviously we didn't really get to see how the flames devoured her, but her screams... oh GOD those screams... Shireen was such a kind, innocent little girl, still holding the small wooden toy that Davos made her as she took her last steps... man, this death was so wrong in so many different, twisted ways that I don't even wanna talk about it anymore.

6:

Ramsay Bolton/Snow:

No Caption Provided

Yes, yes YES. YES!!!! This psychotic bastard (literally) had it coming. I can't even begin to count the reasons why this was so satisfying to watch: he murdered Rickon, he killed Wun-Wun, he repeatedly raped Sansa, he tortured Theon to the point of insanity, he set his dogs on numerous people including his step-mother and his baby step-brother, he murdered his father... oh wait, I actually don't care about this last one.

Anyway, this is one vicious bastard, and getting eaten alive by his own dogs that he so loved to set on innocents for his own amusement is simply the very definition of poetic justice. Shireen's screams made me cry like a little girl, but Ramsay's screams made me laugh like the goddamn Joker.

The sight of Ramsay's blood dripping down his fingers was one of the most satisfying things that I have seen in recent memory. And the speech Sansa gave him just before that was epic. Takes a really good actor to make you genuinely hate his character.

The Starks send their regards, a-hole.

5:

Lord Walder Frey:

No Caption Provided

Arya Stark is one of my top-3 favorite characters, both in the show and in the books, and watching her slit that old geezer's throat was close to being a divine experience. "The last thing you're ever going to see, is a Stark smiling down at you as you die." You go, girl!!! Sent a chill down my spine with that one.

Now, there's a theory that suggests that in the books Arya will hone her warg abilities, travel to the Riverlands, find her long-lost direwolf Nymeria and her pack of wolves, and lead them in an epic charge into the Twins to massacre everyone inside and feast upon their flesh. Which is, I must say, far more epic than what happened in the show. But I'm not complaining, this scene made me smile so wide that my face hurt.

The Starks send their regards once more, gramps.

4:

King Tommen Baratheon:

No Caption Provided

Well I know that it wasn't a super-satisfying death like Ramsay's, or super-violent like the Sept of Baelor blowing up, or a some sort of "how low can you go" moment like when Shireen died. It wasn't even an epic final-stand like Barristan's. What earned this seemingly simple death-scene the respected 4th place on my list is that it's the only death in the series that genuinely took me by surprise and genuinely made me laugh. I mean, when I first watched it I was all like "WTF?!", and I had to rewind it, because I wasn't sure I what I just saw. When I confirmed that my eyes did not betray me I literally paused the video, sat back and laughed my ass off for at least a minute. I don't know, call me sick or twisted or weird but I found this REALLY funny. As a book-reader, this is the only death that really caught me off-guard.

I didn't even hate Tommen. He was just a kid. He was trying to be OK with everyone, he was surrounded by lunatics and had some huge responsibility on his shoulders. And to top it all off - he just watched his wife blow up. Poor thing, really. At least I took solace in seeing Cersei's grief when she found out.

3:

The Red Wedding:

No Caption Provided

Judging by all the hype and worldwide reactions (and memes), this is the scene that caused the biggest shock to the people who watched the show. Even when I read the books I had to re-read it all over again at least twice and pinch myself to make sure it's not just some bad dream.

The Red Wedding was a long, bloody business that took the better part of 10 minutes, but that GIF above shows the moment that was, in my humble opinion, the best. Or should I say the worst? I don't know, this thing is NOT easy to describe with words. You may or may not know, but in the book, Robb's wife (in the show she's called Lady Talisa Maegyr, in the books it's Lady Jeyne Westerling) isn't even present in the Red Wedding, which is one of the reasons that for me, this particular moment stands out in this whole scene. Well this and the fact that she was just repeatedly stabbed in the belly while pregnant. Either way, between the deaths of her, Robb, Catelyn and Grey-Wind, the Red Wedding is one of the biggest climaxes of the show and a huge plot-twist. I mean, if Ned Stark losing his head didn't convince you that nobody, and I mean NOBODY is safe here - this ought to do the job.

2:

Prince Oberyn Martell:

No Caption Provided

Without a doubt this is the most graphic death in the show. Ever. When I read the book, I was really sad that the coolest character that was introduced thus far just died at the hands of an evil behemoth, and I guess I was too annoyed to notice the details... it's hard when you don't really see it. After watching the scene I decided to re-read it, and only then I noticed the details: how it's described that the Mountain pressed his fingers into the Red Viper's eyes, crushed his teeth and then shattered his skull.

I guess that after my first read I just remembered it wrong, I finished the chapter with the image of Gregor breaking Oberyn's neck or something else that's not too out of the ordinary. So when I watched the scene, I actually was pretty shocked. I remember that a day or two later, I looked the scene up again on YouTube. I wanted to watch the fight, which is undoubtedly one of the very best fight scenes in the show, but when it was about to end I found myself just pausing the video. It's really the first and only time ever that I couldn't bring myself to re-watch a scene because it was too graphic. It was just this once though, don't worry, I've re-watched it lots of time since then, lol. But after just a day or two the memory was still too fresh I guess.

It's probably the goriest, most violent death that I have witnessed on-screen to date. And I doubt I'll ever see anything worse. Just... wow.

Honorable mentions:

1. Lord Eddard Stark:

No Caption Provided

Give me a break, don't act surprised. He's Sean Bean. He had to go.

2. Hodor:

No Caption Provided

Hodor.

3. Lord Tywin Lannister:

No Caption Provided

Getting killed, by your own son, while you take a crap in the bathroom. Doesn't get much lower than that.

1:

King Joffrey Baratheon:

No Caption Provided

Seriously, who did you expect? It only makes sense that the gruesome, disgusting death of the show's number one sadistic pr!ck gets the first place of this list.

We all hated that annoying brat since the moment we saw him. And he did SO much to deserve this hatred, I'm not even going to start counting. It was oh so satisfying to watch this douchebag choke to death on a pigeon pie, twisting and gasping for a breath of air, his face turning so blue that with his blond hair he really looked like an ugly version of Smurfette.

The timing was just so perfect too. We were still mourning the deaths of our beloved Starks at the Red Wedding, orchestrated by this little bastard's family, and this marvelously agonizing death scene was like a ray of sunshine on a rainy day.

All this in mind, when counting the show's best death scenes, this one definitely takes the cake (pun definitely intended).

Hope you enjoyed reminiscing some of the best death scenes by one of the best death death-mongers of modern fiction - our Lord and Savior George R. R. Martin, and his trusty sidekicks - David Beinoff and D. B. Weiss.

Seriously though, all the deaths above really pale in comparison to this:

No Caption Provided

No.

No Caption Provided

No!

No Caption Provided

NO!!!

No Caption Provided

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...I hate this show sometimes.

Necromancer76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Game of Thrones is cruel. It's a burden we must all carry as viewers.

Nice job btw.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 the_red_viper  Moderator
rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 rogueshadow  Moderator

Cool list :)

I've got to go with the hero Westeros deserves, but not the one it needs right now...

No Caption Provided

R.I.P. Sweet Prince.

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#5 JediXMan  Moderator
buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman said:
@buildhare said:

@rogueshadow:

He's not actually dead though.

What? That killed him.

Nah, he's the one true dragon. Viserys has been pulling the strings all along and made everyone think Danny was the dragon, every time Danny has shown off resistance to heat or fire it's because they're synthetic flames Viserys planted.

Either that or he's riding shiny and gold in GOT heaven, but I lean towards the synthetic flames thing.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 rogueshadow  Moderator

@jedixman said:
@buildhare said:

@rogueshadow:

He's not actually dead though.

What? That killed him.

Nah, he's the one true dragon. Viserys has been pulling the strings all along and made everyone think Danny was the dragon, every time Danny has shown off resistance to heat or fire it's because they're synthetic flames Viserys planted.

Either that or he's riding shiny and gold in GOT heaven, but I lean towards the synthetic flames thing.

No Caption Provided

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ned's death was when we were not expecting they'll kill off what seems to be the protagonist. Red wedding was when we were hoping no more starks would die. Oberyn was shocking as well, but it just didn't have as much investment as these two.

No Caption Provided

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 the_red_viper  Moderator

@princearagorn1: You know who else had money? Tywin. You know what happened to Tywin? Of course you do.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@the_red_viper: Awesome list.

It's probably the goriest, most violent death that I have witnessed on-screen to date. And I doubt I'll ever see anything worse. Just... wow.

Glenn´s death at the hands of Lucille is up there though.

Debelindzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Debelindzo

Ramsay was one of my favorite characters, he was a pretty good villain if you ask me.

Don't kill me pls

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 the_red_viper  Moderator

I don't watch TWD, but you may be right considering what I heard on this scene. It's on my to-do list though, lol.

Ramsay was one of my favorite characters, he was a pretty good villain if you ask me.

Don't kill me pls

I completely understand you, he was one of my favorites too.

Avatar image for general_disarray
General_Disarray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Cool list. Shae and Viserys are another 2 I would add.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 the_red_viper  Moderator

Thanks lol.

Viserys's death was pretty creative, which is cool, and although he was undoubtedly a jackass who deserved as much, he was all talk and never actually DID anything that made us hate him, like Joffrey, Ramsay or Walder Frey to name a few.

Shae's death was never really that memorable to me. It was cooler in the books. If you hadn't read it, there was a court-singer in King's Landing at that time who wrote a new song with the line "hands of gold are always cold but a woman's hands are warm" somewhere in the chorus, and Tyrion hummed it while he strangled Shae with a necklace made of small golden hands. So it's cool. lol.

Avatar image for general_disarray
General_Disarray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@the_red_viper: oh right, yeh that does sound good. I thought it was clever that he used a gold chain to kill her, as gold was the thing that linked them in life, and the way Tyrion says "I'm sorry" before slowly panning across to Shae. Not as epic as other deaths but well executed. I suppose I enjoy it more when it's coupled with Tywin's death, but neither are amazing when isolated.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f
deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_red_viper: Awesome list! the Oberyn stuff rang a little close to home :(

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82 said:

I don't watch TWD, but you may be right considering what I heard on this scene. It's on my to-do list though, lol.

Here is the scene which includes both deaths at the hands of Lucille, pretty gory.

Loading Video...
@general_disarray said:

Thanks lol.

Viserys's death was pretty creative, which is cool, and although he was undoubtedly a jackass who deserved as much, he was all talk and never actually DID anything that made us hate him, like Joffrey, Ramsay or Walder Frey to name a few.

Shae's death was never really that memorable to me. It was cooler in the books. If you hadn't read it, there was a court-singer in King's Landing at that time who wrote a new song with the line "hands of gold are always cold but a woman's hands are warm" somewhere in the chorus, and Tyrion hummed it while he strangled Shae with a necklace made of small golden hands. So it's cool. lol.

There is something that I didn´t really understand................was Shae working for Tywin the entire time ??

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 the_red_viper  Moderator

@foxerdes said:

Poor Shireen, being burned alive is one of the worst ways to go.

It was sickening man, just sickening.

@the_red_viper: Awesome list! the Oberyn stuff rang a little close to home :(

Glad you liked it, lol.

@thor_parker82 Well Shae was a whore, she was working for whoever was paying her at that moment lol. Anyway no, she betrayed Tyrion only after he told her he wants her to go away.

And yeah that scene definitely comes close to Oberyn's.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_red_viper:

Well Shae was a whore, she was working for whoever was paying her at that moment lol. Anyway no, she betrayed Tyrion only after he told her he wants her to go away.

Tyrion only said that to protect her, what a b*tch Shae was, I liked her character up until she started betraying Tyrion.

Indeed

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By the_red_viper  Moderator

@the_red_viper:

Well Shae was a whore, she was working for whoever was paying her at that moment lol. Anyway no, she betrayed Tyrion only after he told her he wants her to go away.

Tyrion only said that to protect her, what a b*tch Shae was, I liked her character up until she started betraying Tyrion.

Indeed

Well yeah WE know he said it to protect her... but she didn't, lol.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82 said:

@the_red_viper:

Indeed

Yeah, but still, if she really loved Tyrion she shouldn´t have betrayed him.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 the_red_viper  Moderator

@the_red_viper said:
@thor_parker82 said:

@the_red_viper:

Indeed

She didn't love Tyrion, she loved his money lol.

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

The deaths that hit me hardest were Hodor, Red Wedding, Ned, Shireen and Ser Barristan

The deaths that made me the happiest were, Joffery, Ramsay, Walder Frey and High Sparrow

But the real deaths that hurt the most were all the Direwolves I swear if Ghost ever dies it will take all happiness from my life

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 the_red_viper  Moderator

The deaths that hit me hardest were Hodor, Red Wedding, Ned, Shireen and Ser Barristan

The deaths that made me the happiest were, Joffery, Ramsay, Walder Frey and High Sparrow

But the real deaths that hurt the most were all the Direwolves I swear if Ghost ever dies it will take all happiness from my life

True.

Avatar image for captain_inverse
captain_inverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_red_viper: nice list, and your absolutely right. dire wolves deaths>>the humans death LOL just something about animals 4me

was kinda surprised hodor wasn't in your top 10 but im glad he was given an honorable mention. I mean his tenacity to stop the undead from braking through was ridiculous.

some others that may not have had a large role but were really cool all the same that come to mind are

• Syrio Forel (Arya's "dance" instructor)
  • Mance Rayder (king beyond the wall)
  • Osha (Bran's wildling friend)
the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 the_red_viper  Moderator
BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captain_inverse: we don't know for sure for the Syrio. I read the book a long time ago but I think that similar to the show, his death is implied but never confirmed. I might be wrong though.

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 the_red_viper  Moderator
captain_inverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bullpr said:

@the_red_viper: ahahaha

You are faster than me!

That would be awesome, if he was somehow alive. For having such a small role, his character really grew on me.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 the_red_viper  Moderator
Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82 said:
@the_red_viper said:
@thor_parker82 said:

@the_red_viper:

Indeed

She didn't love Tyrion, she loved his money lol.

It did seem as if she actually loved Tyrion.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 the_red_viper  Moderator

@thor_parker82: If she really was in love with Tyrion, she would never have gone to the man who orchestrated having him killed, no matter how much he hurt her feelings.

She just took advantage of Tyrion's feelings for her so she can have all the perks of nobility.

This is just my take though, you might be right, but I don't think she ever had feelings for him.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82: If she really was in love with Tyrion, she would never have gone to the man who orchestrated having him killed, no matter how much he hurt her feelings.

She just took advantage of Tyrion's feelings for her so she can have all the perks of nobility.

This is just my take though, you might be right, but I don't think she ever had feelings for him.

That´s what I thought, it was like a total turn of a character for her to turn against Tyrion, I do think she loved him but was very hurt by him telling her to leave.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a2b0053414c5
deactivated-5a2b0053414c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 the_red_viper  Moderator

@the_red_viper said:

That´s what I thought, it was like a total turn of a character for her to turn against Tyrion, I do think she loved him but was very hurt by him telling her to leave.

As I said, could be, the only one who knows for sure is Martin.

@the_red_viper: Don't worry, Ghost is still kickin' :D

Bitin' *

captain_inverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captain_inverse: There's tons of evidence for it.

Do you think Syrio Forel is a faceless man? And, if he is, do you think we have seen him already?

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 the_red_viper  Moderator

@captain_inverse: The idea is that he is Jaqen, and this is how Jaqen got to the prison in King's Landing in the first place.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By the_red_viper  Moderator

@thor_parker82: OK so I think I just watched the worst way to go on live action. Have you watched "Vikings"?

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82: OK so I think I just watched the worst way to go on live action. Have you watched "Vikings"?

I haven´t.........do you have a video ?? You have me intrigued.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 the_red_viper  Moderator

@the_red_viper said:

I haven´t.........do you have a video ?? You have me intrigued.

It's not graphic, but the idea is pretty evil. It's called "Blood Eagle". Here it's being described:

Loading Video...

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_red_viper: Wow, I don´t think any TV company would allow something so graphic.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 the_red_viper  Moderator

@thor_parker82: Agreed. It happened twice on screen, but they didn't show the wounds themselves.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82: Agreed. It happened twice on screen, but they didn't show the wounds themselves.

Do you have any of those two videos ??

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 the_red_viper  Moderator

@the_red_viper said:

Do you have any of those two videos ??

Well I can post them, but I don't wanna accidentally spoil "Vikings" to anyone who might be reading this. So here are links to YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ug6Gez_kPHo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwV3Y9GjOAQ

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By BullPR
the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 the_red_viper  Moderator

@bullpr said:

@thor_parker82: I would recommend the whole series in fact!

Yeah, it's very good. The first 2 seasons can be a bit slow at times, but seasons 3-5 are really, really good (actually season 5 is formally "season 4 part II" but whatever). A lot of mysteries that will likely never be solved though, so if you don't like these kinds of things then you might hate it lol.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bullpr said:

@thor_parker82: I would recommend the whole series in fact!

Yeah, it's very good. The first 2 seasons can be a bit slow at times, but seasons 3-5 are really, really good (actually season 5 is formally "season 4 part II" but whatever). A lot of mysteries that will likely never be solved though, so if you don't like these kinds of things then you might hate it lol.

@asgaard is also a huge fan of this show and has recommend me to watch it, you guys might get along well.