Lmao what the f##k Dany.

Avatar image for swordofdamocles
#2 Posted by SwordofDamocles (518 posts) - - Show Bio

DaNy WiLL NeVeR bE lIkE HeR FaThEr

No Caption Provided

#3 Posted by Richubs (7507 posts) - - Show Bio

@swordofdamocles:

oOps.

Loved the episode. When the bells rung I was like thank god and then I saw Dany's face and a massive "Oh shit" came over me.

The rest of the episode was practically her burning down the city.

Outstanding move.

Avatar image for swordofdamocles
#4 Posted by SwordofDamocles (518 posts) - - Show Bio

@richubs: Grey Worm... He was actualy for the slaugterh. I have the feeling Jon will kill him to get to Daenerys. I dont see him being killed without fighting, I could be wrong though.

#5 Posted by Laurus (1631 posts) - - Show Bio

Awful for the most part. I actually felt sorry for Cersei and Jaime at the end. At least Cleganebowl was good. Shame the Hound had to die though.

#6 Edited by KingogKings777 (3555 posts) - - Show Bio

@laurus said:

Awful for the most part. I actually felt sorry for Cersei and Jaime at the end. At least Cleganebowl was good. Shame the Hound had to die though.

this

also in before arya kills green eyes

#7 Posted by Laurus (1631 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingogkings777: I'm convinced Jon will kill Dany. Although I have to admit I went into this episode having hated Arya for the better part of 2 seasons, I feel like they kind of redeemed her in a way.

Greyworm and Danerys can go suck a fat one though.

#8 Posted by GeorgeWBush (12637 posts) - - Show Bio

BURN THEM ALL

#9 Posted by Richubs (7507 posts) - - Show Bio

@swordofdamocles:

Yeah Greyworm went full psycho.

I'm guessing Arya will try to kill Dany and get killed. This will piss off Jon who will then kill Dany and maybe get killed along the way.

#10 Edited by Richubs (7507 posts) - - Show Bio

@laurus:

You found Daenerys or the episode awful?

I don't really see a reason for people to find this episode awful to be honest.

Daenerys being awful is justified obviously.

#11 Edited by dark_globe (734 posts) - - Show Bio

episode was trash and writing terrible overall .
couple of good moments (tyrion-jaime / arya-sandor / jaime-cersei scenes will not redeem it):

(yeah also didn´t she give bronn a crossbow and a castle to kill her brothers?! all of a sudden she cares if jaime is bleeding?
but i guess this could be forgiven because she was loosing it towards the end and probably was glad she see him again in her final moments ,
although i think this is a lucky coincidence and fan interpretation rather than good writing :
i don´t give D&D credit for something this clever after what they have done so far)

this whole season is rushed as hell , it leaves huge black holes in the story line ,
multiple character developments and story arcs have been butchered or proven pointless after the last episode , logic is non existent and it left the show .

last episode iron fleet one shots a dragon (don´t get me started on how IF could hide from dragon flying hundreds of meters above
(i guess klingon cloaking device) and in the next drogon appers as deus ex machina
unharmed by multiple projectiles , burning 20k men strong golden company , iron fleet and the entire city ? .
danny was building alliances and raising armies for past 4-5 seasons for what exactly ?
by this episodes logic she could have just appear in kings landing with 3 dragons and take it any time .

i don´t see how they can wrap up all this mess they created in one episode
i have a feeling it will be even bigger wtf?! mess after episode 6 .

#12 Posted by The_Titan_Lord (9508 posts) - - Show Bio

Dracarys.

#13 Posted by SocaJunkie (9652 posts) - - Show Bio

Loved it.

#14 Posted by Tomkatie (3559 posts) - - Show Bio

Feels hella rushed, although it was pretty clear this was gonna happen

Jaime and Cersei got cheated, tho. All these villains have been rushed away to make room for the Mad Queen

#15 Posted by TheVVitchKing (1397 posts) - - Show Bio

Poor Cersei

#16 Posted by WollfMyth209 (17534 posts) - - Show Bio

Cleganebowl was the best part. And obviously there's adrenaline whenever Drogon goes to town.

But otherwise, it was pretty... meh

#17 Posted by FaradaySloth (12196 posts) - - Show Bio

Terrible episode.

#19 Posted by macleen (3767 posts) - - Show Bio

Stupid season, dumb writers, stupid plot, poor ending for all characters

#20 Posted by GateOfBabylon (5286 posts) - - Show Bio

The only weak part of this episode was Varys' death. Way too much lazy writing.

Everything else as great though. Not perfect, but good enough. Wish the Lannisters' death was fleshed out more. Perhaps for Cersei to beg Jaime to kill her so she doesn't have to die by Dany's hand.

Avatar image for the_real_seaman
#21 Posted by the_real_seamAn (2151 posts) - - Show Bio

The negativity surrounding this entire season is really starting to piss me off.

Avatar image for the-finger-snap
#22 Posted by The-Finger-Snap (80 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah I'm just waiting for Dannys death next episode

#23 Edited by KillBilly (3331 posts) - - Show Bio

This whole season took one of the best shows of all times and turned it into a joke. Honestly wish I could say I was surprised but ever since season 7 the signs were clear.

#24 Posted by the_wspanialy (4385 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel sorry for Emilia Clarke. She had one of her best acting moments in the season which completely butchered the character she plays.

I'm not even mad at this point. I'm just sad.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7ba2bb87d2e
#25 Posted by deactivated-5d7ba2bb87d2e (1532 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_wspanialy: this was the way her character was going. It was her character progression.

#26 Posted by the_wspanialy (4385 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Posted by deactivated-5d7ba2bb87d2e (1532 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_wspanialy: It's the truth, GRRM gave D&D the major plot points and this was one of the biggest.

#28 Edited by phillip33 (4594 posts) - - Show Bio

@mister_stark: this episode was terrible. Yea Dany turning evil could have been a major plot point made by GRRM but I guarantee GRRM developes it in a much more natural, less sudden and forced way... if he ever gets to it. I like the idea of Dany turning evil. I hate the idea of showing that character developement being rushed over the course of two episodes. This isn’t even taking into account the rediculous amount of obvious plot holes and out of character characters and god awful battle scene.

It’s so sad to see my favorite series of all time fail so miserably leading up to the finale.

#29 Edited by BullPR (6226 posts) - - Show Bio

I really liked it.

No Jaimie did not get the redemption the fans wanted

No Cercei didn't get the death the fans wanted

No Dany is not the hero the fans wanted.

Excellent move to have her ignore the sound of bells signaling the Lannister defeat. This was a war, with a weapon of mass destruction (i.e a dragon) and the weapon was used. And it was not pretty.

Excellent episode.

I understand that the change of character leading to the personality of the mad queen could he perceived as rushed, but if you remember she also wanted to level other cities and Tyrion suggested a "better alternative " to deal with the "masters".

The main issue is the lack of source material compared to earlier seasons. But the concept and the ideas were clear and perfectly executed.

I really enjoyed this episode.

#30 Posted by deactivated-5d7ba2bb87d2e (1532 posts) - - Show Bio

@phillip33: I liked it i find episode 3 to be the only bad one.

#31 Edited by phillip33 (4594 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly everybody is welcome to their own opinion, but I find it hard to believe that anyone who has watched this show since the get go and has become invested in the series and the characters can think that the last 3 episodes have been good in the slightest from a writing standpoint.

This last season is the epitome of completely and utterly misusing the concept of expectation subversion. We’ve got a poor fan fiction on our hands now.

#32 Posted by phillip33 (4594 posts) - - Show Bio

@mister_stark: respectfully, I disagree. In fact I thought this episode was worse. The writing was equally as bad, and the battle scene was pathetic in comparison, if you can even call it a battle scene at all.

#33 Posted by MetalJimmor (6837 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, they killed off my hype for the season with the Night King. Now they're just going through and systematically ruining every character arc I was invested in. I did not care for this episode very much.

#34 Edited by SirPounce (263 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved the episode. Satisfying on so many levels. GoT is approaching masterpiece level depending on this finale. I just don't know how they are gonna wrap all this up in one more episode. They need another season.

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
#35 Posted by blackspidey2099 (7127 posts) - - Show Bio

This whole season took one of the best shows of all times and turned it into a joke. Honestly wish I could say I was surprised but ever since season 7 the signs were clear.

The foreshadowing of the show going to shit was better done than the foreshadowing of Dany going mad. I don't know whether to laugh at the irony or cry...

#36 Posted by thatduderox (1198 posts) - - Show Bio

Everything from episode 3 onward kills any form of rewatchability for the series: story arcs that go no where, foreshadowing that goes no where. I can't see myself recommending this series to anyone, and it boils down to that there was not enough time. Six episodes was not enough time to wrap up something this massive and it shows. D and D just wanted this done, and the quality suffered for it.

#37 Posted by Eminel (693 posts) - - Show Bio

So Arya went there just to turn back on the last minute? A couple words from Clegane and she agrees to bail, lol. If she died there, it would be one of the dumbest deaths I would have seen.

#38 Posted by KillBilly (3331 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

#39 Posted by Paytience (5337 posts) - - Show Bio

@dark_globe: They've been saying for a minute that Dany could just roll over there and burn it down any time she wanted. She was persuaded not to by Tyrian.

#40 Edited by dark_globe (734 posts) - - Show Bio

@paytience said:

They've been saying for a minute that Dany could just roll over there and burn it down any time she wanted. She was persuaded not to by Tyrian.

well not really .

show was buffing cersei and nerfing danny up until the last episode .
she had iron fleet with projectiles capable of 2-3 shoting a dragon .
she had same projectiles at her walls , she had 20k strong golden company , plus her own troops .
she also had an advantage of city walls .
by all logic it was looking like she might actually win this after all that build up .
but directors running out of episodes gave us deus ex machina drogon instead of epic and somewhat realistic (within GoT universe) battle .
they are very inconsistend about what dragon can and can´t do .
in one episode two dragons can´t even touch the ironborn fleet , one of them dies and the other runs for his life ,
in the next episode the same dragon (with no back up this time) comes and one shots the entire fleet , entire city and entire army ...

lazy and inconsistent writting .

#41 Edited by SmoothSanta (2905 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been loving this season. Longest Night was great, and the dragon burning everyone was hilarious.