User Lists: 0

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Penguin-Dust

Watchmen has a bit of positive buzz, maybe they don’t need it. Of course, Westworld was popular early on, too so you never know.

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Ghostodoofus2  Online

Good, HBO should make a Judge Dredd series instead.

Michaelbn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh. Novels were better than the series.

Yassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Good, it was a goofy idea from the beginning, it was way to far removed from what drew people in to GOT to begin with.

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Ghostodoofus2  Online

Green Lantern series announced for HBO Max!

nn5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not so surprising after reception of Season 8.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That show was doomed to fail from the beginning anyways. It was built around the most anti-climatic event in television history. How could you possibly expect audiences to invest in the first long night when the second "long" (short) night was such a let down? We're supposed to see the Walkers as threats again when the NK went out like a chump? Everyone would be asking why they didn't just get some sneaky super assassin to stab him with the pointy end. It'd be a joke of a show so its good it got cancelled.

Now, they can invest more resources into what will hopefully turn out to be a Targaryen/Westeros anthology series.

Devilmenworks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nn5 said:

So true.

I would definitely love to see something like this. I am a little surprised that HBO, Netflix or Amazon hasn't done anything like this yet. Especially if they could get Karl Urban to play Dredd again, that would be cool.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By mrmonster

@ghostodoofus2 said:

Green Lantern series announced for HBO Max!

...and a DC anthology show called Strange Adventures, and a sci-fi show from one of the best sci-fi directors in history, Ridley Scott. HBO Max just became my most anticipated streaming service.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nn5 said:

So true.

@ghostodoofus2 said:

I would definitely love to see something like this. I am a little surprised that HBO, Netflix or Amazon hasn't done anything like this yet. Especially if they could get Karl Urban to play Dredd again, that would be cool.

There's actually been a Judge Dredd TV show in development for years. Hopefully it gets the greenlight.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12 the_stegman  Moderator  Online

Looks like another GOT spinoff is taking it's place

Link

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: What are your overall thoughts on all the big HBO Max news from today. I want to get your thoughts since I know you've been looking forward to it for a while.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator  Online

@mrmonster: I have been looking forward to it, and it's pretty much exactly what I was hoping it would be. One source for all WB content. I'm excited to hear more about the new series coming out, and this will be the first streaming service I pay for in five years. (I'm mooching off my friend's Hulu and Netflix currently).

PayneInTheAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now we're talking. Hopefully they start with the conquerer and go all the way through to at least Summerhall. They can easily make 10 seasons of this as an anthology series with some being 2-3.

Devilmenworks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrmonster: Has it really? I remember hearing about rumors of Dredd being picked up as a sequel or series after the 2012 movie but nothing came out. It's a shame because there are so many stories that could be told from it as well as villains and scenarios the audience would enjoy watching on a series.

Yassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The goal is to eventually have the events of the new series lead up to The Dance of the Dragons. It’s a major moment in the Seven Kingdoms history, leading to an all out civil war between two rival faction of House Targaryen.

Wait, are they actually doing Dance of Dragons or not? It'd be awesome but that needs a hefty budget. From the wording I can't tell if it's supposed to end with the Dance about to begin or not.

Either way this is a really good idea. It's a good chance for exploring the history of the world without being so far back as to leave the non-book readers in the dark. There's a lot of politics and scheming to be done even just with the characters we already know.

The "300 years ago" wording makes it seem it'll start with Aegon which is weird because that's a massive timeframe but that may just be the news article. If it is that far back I guess a few of the main periods will get a varying amount of episodes with time jumps in between arcs. If it's linear and ends with Dance of Dragons, probably starts sometime after Jaeherys' death.

This reminds me that I still have to finish Fire and Blood.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 the_red_viper  Moderator

@sy8000: Replies reserved until I see a trailer. :P

FaradaySloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't mind the Reign of Fire anthology series, but I still won't forgive GOT on HBO for the obvious reason

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 rogueshadow  Moderator

@sy8000:

It does seem like a lot for a single show to tackle. I can easily see how certain time periods could be glossed over, but even then, many periods of Fire & Blood could be shows unto themselves.

I'd probably expect this be a very long-running anthology series (10 + seasons), with the cast completely switching out every few seasons (as the Crown does every two seasons). This would be a good approach and would please HBO, who wanted GoT to run for 10 seasons anyway.

This would be beneficial to the budget, I've always thought that an adaptation of the Dance is something that would likely be many years away, when more could be done on TV than is possible even now. The sheer number of dragons at play could only be surpassed by a show about Valyria itself. With this template we likely wouldn't be seeing the Dance until the early 30's when it would be more feasible.