Galactus vs Dormammu finally answered? Dr Strange #15

Jooosh1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

I can't find scans but the videos shows them.

So Galactus stomps?!

CCThor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By CCThor

Well it makes sense.

tethadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

krisbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By krisbishop  Moderator

Based on what I understand, it appears that Dormammu fed Galactus his magic in the previous chapter to satiate and stabilise him (in an attempt to enslave him). Maybe that's why G was adapted and could simply absorb and defeat D easily.

That's just my opinion. Otherwise having Big G one-shot Dormy like that in his own dimension is pretty crazy.

Here are the scans of the "fight".

tethadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By tethadam

Looks like Dormammu is always getting betrayed. Last time I checked he was betrayed to Shuma. How did he escape him?

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By kgb725

Sometimes I feel like I'm one of the few who pay attention to the comics, really. Galactus had previously become the perfect amalgam of science and sorcery when Dormammu gladly fed his FF to him in an attempt to late take control, which's why now Big G knew how to control Dormammu's magic on the other hand(Dormammu also willing let Galactus absorb other mystical realms in the process as well). They only fought after that, so was basically: Mystical Amped Galactus + Mystical Realms + Control of Dormammu's Magic Vs. Dormammu, who was betrayed by Mephisto in some way, hence why was previously sure that could've taken on Galactus to follow his will.

So he should realistically be in one of his strongest forms then ?

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 killbilly  Moderator

Waid putting respect on my boy's name. ?

Soratoumiga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dormammu > Galactus.

Jooosh1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Soratoumiga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jooosh1996: Andromeda summed it up perfectly. That Galactus wasn't at his normal/standard power level, and was heavily amped. Under normal circumstances, Dormammu should still be superior.

Juggerman40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Waid putting respect on my boy's name. ?

Yeah, no Galactus jobbing here.

Jooosh1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soratoumiga: It never states he was amped at all until after he absorbed Dormmamu. But you could be right just the way it’s implied is Galactus was able to straight up absorb the magic Dormammu attempted to attack him with regardless of his state.

Soratoumiga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jooosh1996: It was actually stated and shown that he absorbed mystical energies even before his encounter with Dormammu.

Jooosh1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@andromeda101: My bad! Thanks for clearing that up, that went right over my head.

Jooosh1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Big G laying the smack on that magical butt

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 killbilly  Moderator

@andromeda101: Just out of curiosity, what's the context for the text at the bottom which says:

"The Satannish was brought to life by my brother, Dormammu. Let us hope he fares better than his creator."

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By killbilly  Moderator

@andromeda101 said:

@killbilly said:

Just out of curiosity, what's the context for the text at the bottom which says:

"The Satannish was brought to life by my brother, Dormammu. Let us hope he fares better than his creator."

Dormammu(His creator) was defeated, but I already explained the context for that above.

Ah, you did at that. My apologies. Out of curiosity, what does Satannish mean when he says he's:

"I am no petty spell-weaver! Satannish is King of the Hell-Lords."

Wouldn't that be indicative that he's placing himself above Dormammu?

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By killbilly  Moderator

@andromeda101: It just seems like that statement by Satannish is referencing Dormammu as the "petty spell-weaver" and an inferior hell lord but you obviously know more about the surrounding context then I do so I'll give your interpretation the benefit of the doubt. I hope it's all cleared up in the next issue.

jrupert1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@andromeda101: It just seems like that statement by Satannish is referencing Dormammu as the "petty spell-weaver" and an inferior hell lord but you obviously know more about the surrounding context then I do so I'll give your interpretation the benefit of the doubt. I hope it's all cleared up in the next issue.

He's referring to the other people in the united force against Galactus. You can even see some of the sorcerers in the bottom right panel.

cosmic_reign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Perhaps Galactus stomps Satannish and absorbs him as well(via Dormmamu manip) or maybe their battle gets interrupted by Strange and Eternity(kinda what the cover suggests).

We'll know soon...

Sherlock229

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is the new issue coming out today?

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What a marvelous day, friends. So Galactus>Dormammu, hum? Well, guess what? Satannish(Dormammu's lapdog) begs to differ:

No Caption Provided

He's been seen matching this new Galactus pretty evenly, which so far backs what I said before many times: Galactus was only able to deal with Dormammu so easily because already had a previous control over the Faltine's energies and because of Mephisto's betrayal. Dormmy himself said that already had more than enough power to defeat him under other circumstances and I'm more keen to believe that now. Regardless, we'll still need to wait for the complete issue.

Imagine getting this excited over a preview just for Stannish to get literally one shot lmao

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#34  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator

Today's Doctor Strange was... peculiar. An enhanced Black Bolt actually made Galactus stagger and I don't even want to get into Gladiator's showing.

I like Waid but his perception of power levels seems thoroughly inaccurate.

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Today's Doctor Strange was... peculiar. An enhanced Black Bolt actually made Galactus stagger and I don't even want to get into Gladiator's showing.

I like Waid but his perception of power levels seems thoroughly inaccurate.

I mean Waid already made that pretty clear when he had Strange say that 'even he can't stop time' when that's something he has regularly done lol.

Also I feel like it's worth noting that Waid placed emphasis on "His whisper can level a forest"... I'm not sure how much more power is behind a shout than a whisper but I don't think it's enough to go from forest level to whatever level it should take to stagger an amped Galan.

Still, Gladiator though... oh man.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#37 morpheus_  Moderator

@indestructibl3: I actually assumed he was enhanced throughout the whole encounter since even his best ever output wouldn't do anything to Galan.

For Gladiator, I'm not even sure how to describe it. If he was written as Waid wrote him in those pages he'd be the most powerful Marvel hero, basically.

Sherlock229

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@morpheus_: Gladiator literally did nothing to him though. Only magical blackbolt managed to stagger him

Sherlock229

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@indestructibl3: yeah he drew blood then galactus no spelled every thing he's got. Also waid thinks Gladiator is more powerful than all heroes brought to the fight which includes hulk, silver surfer etc... Even umar did nothing, hated how he nerfed umar from the beginning though been contained easily by mephisto