Gal Gadot responds to criticism of her Wonder Woman Casting

• 113 results
stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

Gal Gadot gives her thoughts on the criticism she's got for being cast as Wonder Woman.

They said that I was too skinny and my boobs were too small. hen I was younger I would take criticism really hard. But now it mostly amused me. The true amazons had one boob so it won’t bother them in their archery. So it’s not going to be like real amazons. We always try to make everyone happy but we can’t… After they asked me here, In Israel, if I have eating disorders and why am I so skinny, they said my head was too big and my body was like a broomstick I can take anything. It’s just empty talk. I understand that part of what I’m doing means being exposed. And part of being exposed is being under fire.”

Gadot then went on to share her excitement over the opportunity to bring the iconic character to the big screen for the very first time: “I get to play the strongest most empowering woman ever – Wonder Woman. I’m so grateful and I thank god every day. I want to devour it and enjoy every bite. She has unbelievable endurance. She is exceptionally strong. She can jump really high and practically fly. She know tons of martial arts styles. She is a strong and serious woman.”

Thoughts?

No Caption Provided

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2 the_stegman  Moderator

Very well said. I like her even more now.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

meh Still doesn't change the fact they made a poor choice and could have done better.

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@dernman said:

meh Still doesn't change the fact they made a poor choice and could have done better.

This

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

Very well said. I like her even more now.

This. I'm sure she'll do fine.

Avatar image for quinnofthestoneage
QuinnoftheStoneAge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

VoloErgoMalus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NYBreezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By NYBreezy

I was never worried about her looks because she's beautiful and was trained by Israel's army so I knew she could toned up. What I was worried about was her talent in acting which seems to be nonexistent. The only reason why she was in Fast and the Furious movies was because of her looks. So I hope she proves me wrong and have a great acting performance for this role.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

manuelb132

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like her. Hope she excels at it.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 the_stegman  Moderator

@nybreezy: Acting wise, she's no different from Chris Hemsworth. He wasn't exactly praised before Thor. People cut him slack cause he looks like him.

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Thanks, Mrs. Skeleton.

:?)

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She looks fine as Wondy to me, I'm more concerned over her acting skills as I've yet to see any of her work.

Avatar image for thenaughtytitan
TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TheNaughtyTitan

SHUT UP AND EAT A CHEESEBURGER, you will never be Wonder Woman gal.

TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*waits*

NYBreezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: I wouldn't exactly say that. Gal seems to have a problem with the English language. Chris Hemsworth to me is better than Henry Cavill acting skills wise. I actually bought into Chris's emotional scenes than Henry and this is coming from a Superman fan. I didn't even knew who Thor was until I saw the movie and he did better than I expected for a movie that centers on a bratty spoiled prince that is a literal god/alien.

TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nybreezy: Acting wise, she's no different from Chris Hemsworth. He wasn't exactly praised before Thor. People cut him slack cause he looks like him.

The difference is he looks like Thor and she looks nothing like WW....

Leatherface003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I like her comments but until I see her performance I am still in doubts...Eva Green could have been a great choice...

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

@nybreezy: Out of the Big Three Avengers, Hemsworth is the worst actor imo. I have yet to be overly impressed by any of his performances.

RDJ is Iron Man to me now, same with Chris Evans as Cap. Hemsworth looks like Thor, but he's kinda boring, Loki always outshines him.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 the_stegman  Moderator
TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By TheNaughtyTitan
stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nybreezy: Out of the Big Three Avengers, Hemsworth is the worst actor imo. I have yet to be overly impressed by any of his performances.

RDJ is Iron Man to me now, same with Chris Evans as Cap. Hemsworth looks like Thor, but he's kinda boring, Loki always outshines him.

This. Probably one of the reasons he's the weakest link in the MCU movie wise. Neither of his movies have been that good and i'd give both c plus scores. Ironman has Ironman 1, Cap has winter Soldier and Thor has nothing.

TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman said:

This. Probably one of the reasons he's the weakest link in the MCU movie wise. Neither of his movies have been that good and i'd give both c plus scores. Ironman has Ironman 1, Cap has winter Soldier and Thor has nothing.

I would say Thor's movies were better than Iron man 2/3. That is not setting the bar very high though...

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 the_stegman  Moderator
TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenaughtytitan: Yesssssss. Search your feelings, you know it to be true.

SHE LOOKS NOTHING LIKE DIANA, I AM USING ALL CAPS SO YOU KNOW I AM RAGING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By stormshadow_x

@thenaughtytitan:

Well looking like a blonde buff dude is easier then looking like the perfect Woman ;P

TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenaughtytitan:

Well looking like a blonde buff dude is easier then looking like the perfect Woman ;P

I would say Thor is a perfect man, and so is hemsworth. Blonde long hair with Blue eyes and a buff sexy body, hemsworth is super sexy....

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By TheNaughtyTitan

@the_stegman said:

@thenaughtytitan: YES SHE DOES, I--cough, cough...I need a lozenge...

WW has a fuller face and overall bigger curvier body. She looks completely different than Gal who looks like a heroin addict covered in a pound of makeup....

GLEmerald924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She could've given a MLK "I Have a Dream" speech on why she deserves to be WW and I will still feel that she was a miscast for the role.

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nybreezy said:

@the_stegman: I wouldn't exactly say that. Gal seems to have a problem with the English language. Chris Hemsworth to me is better than Henry Cavill acting skills wise. I actually bought into Chris's emotional scenes than Henry and this is coming from a Superman fan. I didn't even knew who Thor was until I saw the movie and he did better than I expected for a movie that centers on a bratty spoiled prince that is a literal god/alien.

Honestly,Their both mediocre actors. I'll agree,and say Chris's emotional scenes were ALOT more believable in The Dark World than Henry Cavill in Man of Steel. Chris's acting skills have improved within each movie,but Henry Cavill isn't bad at all. They're both better executing different emotions.With that being said in terms of acting skills Gal Gadot is the weakest link.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 the_stegman  Moderator

@the_stegman said:

WW has a fuller face and overall bigger curvier body. She looks completely different than Gal who looks like a heroin addict covered in a pound of makeup....

Depends on the artist. But 9 times outta ten, she's just as skinny...just with big boobs somehow.

No Caption Provided

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: Gadot is in another level that Hemsworth didn't achieve yet, Gadot carry the biographical drama films "Fast and Furious" by herself, Hemsworth in the popcorn flick "Rush" was very disappointing, but it's understandable because Gal always was an actress and Chris start as a model.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She knows how to fight in real life, so?

Tons of people who knows this have being terrible in action and martial arts movies, the biggest name of female martial arts movies its Michelle Yeoh and she didnt train them.

There has being tons of people that didnt knew how to fight in real life and are action heroes.

Does she have show any acting range?

The fact you look the part, it doesnt mean you will fit the role.

Not only that but if you notice, so far no single female in an action role gets a realistic body, all of them are skinny and they fight males that are huge.

The skinny female action star its the most generic cliche going on in movies today.

But if they were men, people would notice they are too skinny to be action heroes.

The funny part its that feminist dont cry about this, they embrace it, even when there its a theory that skinny women are found sexy by the mainstream in times where men are afraid of women and its a tool to minimize women(Lets be honest its doesnt sound as insane, when you notice most of the male heroes so far have bigger muscles that their comic book version).

NYBreezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nybreezy said:

Honestly,Their both mediocre actors. I'll agree,and say Chris's emotional scenes were ALOT more believable in The Dark World than Henry Cavill in Man of Steel. Chris's acting skills have improved within each movie,but Henry Cavill isn't bad at all. They're both better executing different emotions.With that being said in terms of acting skills Gal Gadot is the weakest link.

This. Although I can never understand why people seem to be so uptight over actors having to be exactly look-a-likes of the characters they're playing. If I remember correctly, Nick Fury was white before the movies came out. Heck, the list goes on and on with actors giving great performance and actually getting the characters right, but not looking like the characters at all (Jennifer Lawrence/Katniss Everdeen comes to my mind). Heck, this guy below looks like the perfect Bruce Wayne except being 2 inches short of 6'2. And I think he would have made a perfect compliment to Henry Cavill's Superman.

No Caption Provided

NYBreezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard said:

@the_stegman: Gadot is in another level that Hemsworth didn't achieve yet, Gadot carry the biographical drama films "Fast and Furious" by herself, Hemsworth in the popcorn flick "Rush" was very disappointing, but it's understandable because Gal always was an actress and Chris start as a model.

You got that backwards dude. Chris started as an actor and Gal started as a model.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:

Nothing is more true than this.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Asgaard

@nybreezy said:

@asgaard said:

You got that backwards dude. Chris started as an actor and Gal started as a model.

No way!?

TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenaughtytitan said:
@the_stegman said:

Depends on the artist. But 9 times outta ten, she's just as skinny...just with big boobs somehow.

No Caption Provided

She still is curvier than Gal in that pic.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

WW is pretty much always portrayed as thicker than Gal, anyway Gal has pretty much no similarities to diana so I have no idea why you think they look alike.

"Gal = woman so she looks like WW?" I feel like this is your logic, how can it not be. That is pretty much the only similarity.

Gal is a bad actress and looks nothing like WW, that is the reality of the wonder woman we are getting...

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 the_stegman  Moderator
Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenaughtytitan: She's not curvier, she just has bigger boobs. Gal is fine.

Wonder woman literally had crazy curves. She is skinny with curves, gal is skinny with no curves, she has different hair, a different face shape, a different everything. She does not look like Diana at all, and she is a bad actress.

_Mongul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: Hemsworth's idea of acting Thor is throwing out a weird accent and some big-but-not-really-so-big words.

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#46  Edited By Transformers1024

I don't have a problem with her body tone at all -- but I'm a bit worried abut her acting.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 the_stegman  Moderator

@thenaughtytitan: She's not a bad actress, the only thing she's been in are those Fast/Furious movies, even then, she wasn't the star, just a supporting cast member. Like I said, she's no better or worse than someone like Hemsworth.

I don't care if she doesn't have big boobs stuck on a small frame or her...hair? (Really??). She looks good enough to be WW to me.

TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenaughtytitan: She's not a bad actress, the only thing she's been in are those Fast/Furious movies, even then, she wasn't the star, just a supporting cast member. Like I said, she's no better or worse than someone like Hemsworth.

I don't care if she doesn't have big boobs stuck on a small frame or her...hair? (Really??). She looks good enough to be WW to me.

Stop mentioning hemsworth who has loads more acting experience and looks way more like the character he plays. She is bad, if you did not see that in fast five I don't know what to tell you.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 the_stegman  Moderator

@thenaughtytitan: I'm mentioning Hemsworth because even though he DOES have more acting experience, he's still no better than her, but because he looks like Thor, people don't give him flack, it's a sad day when looks trump acting talent.

TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenaughtytitan: I'm mentioning Hemsworth because even though he DOES have more acting experience, he's still no better than her, but because he looks like Thor, people don't give him flack, it's a sad day when looks trump acting talent.

Hemsworth has played the lead in multiple movies, he has shown to be much better than her. He is not that good but she is much worse. People give him flack all the time. Anyway he is better than her, at least from what has been shown so far.

Anyway she is too bad and inexperienced to get such a big role. They were considering Gina Carano whom is terrible, they are going for looks and she looks nothing like WW, basically she is kind of hot(not in my opinion) so she got the role.