Full Potential MCU Quicksilver is Light Speed.

• 103 results
Joker567892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

Mach 1 as of AoU, but much faster if he reached his fullest potential.

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So sub relativistic Quicksilver? Aren't HYDRA dudes evil Nazis tho? So they can lie etc

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does this end the long reign of slow MCU? I mean, it's nothing to 616 Thor struggling to tag street tiers and punching slower than your average viner, but still.

Joker567892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjarsalt: why would they lie about their test subjects speed outside of them being evil? In fact weren't Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch working for Hydra?

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By rajjarsalt

@joker567892 said:

@rajjarsalt: why would they lie about their test subjects speed outside of them being evil? In fact weren't Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch working for Hydra?

So Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver are liars too. Eeeevil can't be trusted

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 cocacolaman  Moderator

That's literally not what it says

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By rajjarsalt

@cocacolaman said:

Well we know he's documented 400m/s and has been going closer and closer to light speed day by day in hydra captivity. What's your take?

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By deltahuman

So he was just over Mach 1 by feats? That's slower than even DCEU Diana. What a waste

This makes the other Avengers look worse speed wise. Even Thor was statued by Pietro

Joker567892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deltahuman: Just say "Full potential Quicksilver" Vs Diana lmfao

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 cocacolaman  Moderator

@cocacolaman said:

Well we know he's documented 400m/s and has been going closer and closer to light speed day by day in hydra captivity. What's your take?

My fat butt goes closer to lightspeed as I grow, Quicksilver growing "closer to lightspeed" means nothing

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joker567892:

I'd be Einstein if I reached full potential. Shame I haven't

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By rajjarsalt

@cocacolaman said:
@rajjarsalt said:
@cocacolaman said:

My fat butt goes closer to lightspeed as I grow, Quicksilver growing "closer to lightspeed" means nothing

Then why even say light speed if they didn't want to put a measure on what he was approaching?

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By rajjarsalt
@deltahuman said:

So he was just over Mach 1 by feats? That's even slower than DCEU Diana. What a waste

This makes the other Avengers look worse speed wise. Even Thor was statued by Pietro

Diana can't run at Mach 1, she's several times slower than the bullets she reacts to

Avatar image for deactivated-627d8daf1de25
deactivated-627d8daf1de25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Didn't he die to Mach 3 bullets tho

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjarsalt:

I think she can in short bursts. I'm not sure if you remember the scene in Wonder woman where she blitzes German soldiers like Faora blitzed the soldiers in MoS. Then in JL she speeds from one end of the room towards the children after the bullets were shot. She again blitzes off to save Aquaman from falling debris in JL end fight. It's obvious she can't sustain supersonic speeds for long duration like speedsters but at short bursts, she's fast.

Plus her reactions might be three times faster than Pietro if he's just over 400 m/sec. Diana has blocked bullets travelling 1200 m/sec or more. After WW84, she'll lasso lightning so her reactions might become sub relativistic if there is no context behind the trailer feat

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjarsalt:

I think she can in short bursts. I'm not sure if you remember the scene in Wonder woman where she blitzes German soldiers like Faora blitzed the soldiers in MoS. Then in JL she speeds from one end of the room towards the children after the bullets were shot. She again blitzes off to save Aquaman from falling debris in JL end fight. It's obvious she can't sustain supersonic speeds for long duration like speedsters but at short bursts, she's fast.

Plus her reactions might be three times faster than Pietro if he's just over 400 m/sec. Diana has blocked bullets travelling 1200 m/sec or more. After WW84, she'll lasso lightning so her reactions might become sub relativistic if there is no context behind the trailer feat

Yeah I wonder if there's any calcs on that to measure how fast she's moving relative to the projectiles.

Lightning timing should be solid if she's not using those Daughter of Zeus powers to summon it to her

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for kryptonianking88
KryptonianKing88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So he was just over Mach 1 by feats? That's slower than even DCEU Diana. What a waste

He was mach 1 at the time it was written. In AoU a bullets near statued in the scene where he punches Cap and he picks Klaue's bullet out of the air.

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjarsalt:

Yup. Someone should calc it. About time.

It seems like, Diana statued the first bullet fired at her in the scene. Her Mach 3+ reactions shouldn't be limited to her perceptions alone because she'd have to move her body and hands away from the bullet to dodge it after it is fired from almost point blank range or to block them. Also kept in mind should be the rate of fire of the rifle. Modern ones reach 600 rpm or more. Diana blocked each and every bullet fired at the children and I'm sure the rate of fire was more than 600 rpm there. She'd have to see individual bullets, track them one after another (even in 600 rpm, that's 10 bullets per second) and block them

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kryptonianking88:

He's obviously slower than the Mach 3 bullets that killed him so between Mach 1 and 2 seems fair. And 400 m/sec is just over Mach 1. I think that's reasonable

BladeOfFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Where's this from?

Eri_Joni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjarsalt:

Yup. Someone should calc it. About time.

It seems like, Diana statued the first bullet fired at her in the scene. Her Mach 3+ reactions shouldn't be limited to her perceptions alone because she'd have to move her body and hands away from the bullet to dodge it after it is fired from almost point blank range or to block them. Also kept in mind should be the rate of fire of the rifle. Modern ones reach 600 rpm or more. Diana blocked each and every bullet fired at the children and I'm sure the rate of fire was more than 600 rpm there. She'd have to see individual bullets, track them one after another (even in 600 rpm, that's 10 bullets per second) and block them

I ran to imfdb and then wikipedia, assuming g36 hk rifle it should be 750 rpm

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjarsalt: she literally did in that bank scene. She had to move faster than bullets to save those people from bullets after they were fired. They move in slow motion to her.

BladeOfFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eri_joni: Ah.

Certainly a strange statement, since it first puts him a little over the speed of the sound, compares him to sound again, and then compares him to LS which is worlds apart.

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjarsalt: she literally did in that bank scene. She had to move faster than bullets to save those people from bullets after they were fired. They move in slow motion to her.

And yet when we saw the slow mo the bullet was moving faster than her at the end

Eri_Joni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bladeoffury: I think this is when he was at the Hydra base but not sure.

He should be much faster that sound, I noticed a few days ago that the bullet Clint shot had a mach cone trail.

BladeOfFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eri_joni: He could have definitely gotten faster so speed of sound is the lower bound, but there's no light speed argument here.

He should be much faster that sound, I noticed a few days ago that the bullet Clint shot had a mach cone trail.

That feat doesn't seem to be consistent, someone "as fast or almost as fast as a bullet" won't perceive bullets in such extreme slow motion. This wouldn't happen either:

No Caption Provided

BladeOfFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eredin12: His right arm, which moved reflexively to cover the wound, was in slow motion. He even blinked in slow motion. These are solid indicators that he wasn't capable of moving much faster.

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eredin12: His right arm, which moved reflexively to cover the wound, was in slow motion. He even blinked in slow motion. These are solid indicators that he wasn't capable of moving much faster.

Yet the light in the background was moving slower than him.

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By rajjarsalt
@bladeoffury said:

Certainly a strange statement, since it first puts him a little over the speed of the sound, compares him to sound again, and then compares him to LS which is worlds apart.

Yeah this is called new intent retconning old intent. GG

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eredin12 said:

@bladeoffury: Not really, if he chose to operate at a certain speed( speedsters have difirnet levels of operational speed, they chose) then he would do that at that speed he operated

Yeah anyone who watches CW knows this pretty well

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By rajjarsalt

Moreover @bladeoffury It's not comparing him to sound twice and then to light, it's a HYDRA report logging how fast he's gotten ever since he's broken the sound barrier, which means QS 1 is slower than QS 2 is slower than QS 3, the number representing the day. It's solid intent considering it just came out recently and I'd invite anyone to argue otherwise.

BladeOfFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bladeoffury said:

Wdym, it's one statement I'm referring to.

@eredin12: That's until they actually have to react to something. For example, Flash maintained a conversation with people (operating at regular speed) but still reacted to a bullet after feeling it touch his skin.

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyway this is dumb. The statement clearly intends him to go closer and closer to the speed of light day by day as his peak speed has an exponential increase in heat and energy.

Anyone remember e=mc^2? The closer to the speed of light you get, the more your energy approaches infinity. It's as clear as day lol

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjarsalt said:
@bladeoffury said:

Wdym, it's one statement I'm referring to.

@eredin12: That's until they actually have to react to something. For example, Flash maintained a conversation with people (operating at regular speed) but still reacted to a bullet after feeling it touch his skin.

New intent in the statement retconning old intent in the statement as intents were established on two different days (day 1 QS at 400m/s, day # where he's some number closer to the speed of light since his speed increases daily)

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By rajjarsalt

Anyway this is dumb. The statement clearly intends him to go closer and closer to the speed of light day by day as his peak speed has an exponential increase in heat and energy.

Anyone remember e=mc^2? The closer to the speed of light you get, the more your energy approaches infinity. It's as clear as day lol

Speaking of which.

KE=1/2mv^2

If Quicksilver's energy increases exponentially and his velocity isn't (per the quote it gets closer and closer to a limit) then what do you think is increasing? Begins with m, ends with ass.

Eri_Joni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Eri_Joni

@bladeoffury: Yeah, reading it now it seems this is when he is at the Hydra base.

"The enemy of the twins is our enemy, and that makes them, and us, strong"

They were also experimenting with him, putting him in an ice bath.

So we have:

• 400m/s statement
  • slow mo supersonic bullet
  • statuing an arrow
  • Statuing Iron Man who shot down 3 arrows at point blank

against

• "as fast or almost as fast as a bullet" .
  • moving slower than a bullet.

And we don't know what bullet he was talking about when he made that statement. When he was moving slower than a bullet he could have been tired, which has happened before. Or he choose to not run at full speed to save energy.

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

>mach 1
>sees supersonic bullet in slow mo

Eri_Joni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol

BladeOfFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eredin12 said:

@bladeoffury: Yeah but QS did not react to anything since he was caught of guard by something behind him, as seen above when that is not the case he reacts like that as well, his perception slows down to that level as well, but he can sitll be caught off guard, whcih he re he was while limiting himself to a certain level of speed

If he was as fast as that feat makes him out to be, he would have augmented his "operational speed," as you said, in reaction to the pain, and wouldn't be blinking and moving his hands in slow-mo after the fact.

@eri_joni: 400 m/s is a little over mach 1, how is it contradictory? It's hard to tell how much the arrow was moving since both QS and the camera were moving as well. Tony was still closing the distance to his target, he wasn't necessarily trying to go especially fast, and that's supported by Thor's ultron bot moving in that perspective.

New intent in the statement retconning old intent in the statement as intents were established on two different days (day 1 QS at 400m/s, day # where he's some number closer to the speed of light since his speed increases daily)

There is no new intent or old intent in a single piece of evidence, and it cannot retcon itself either. The intent didn't change within it, all you can say is that he was intended to get faster as time passed (is that what you mean?)

Speaking of which.

KE=1/2mv^2

ah yes