Frozen's top 5 MCU movies

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

Edited By frozen  Moderator

Next in my film series is my rankings for the 5 best MCU movies (in my opinion). Without furhter ado, lets get into it:

1) Iron Man (2008)

After being held captive in an Afghan cave, billionaire engineer Tony Stark creates a unique weaponized suit of armor to fight evil

One of the best origin stories ever, Jon Favreu's 2008 Iron Man film still holds up among the genre's best. Its a thrilling film with wit, charm and great effects. In fact, I'd say Iron Man looks better here than he did in the later Avengers films, due to the decision to use practical suit opposed to CGI. Jeff Bridges cold Obidiah provides a Stark contrast to RDJ's witty Tony, and while their conflict is more low key and small scale than sequels, its still memorable.

No Caption Provided

2) Spider-Man: No Way Home (2021)

With Spider-Man's identity now revealed, Peter asks Doctor Strange for help. When a spell goes wrong, dangerous foes from other worlds start to appear, forcing Peter to discover what it truly means to be Spider-Man

While it may be flawed in some respects, No Way Home succeeds as a celebration of all things Spider-Man. It delivers on fan service as well as advancing Tom Holland's arc into the Spider-Man we all know and love, unlike its predecessors (in which Holland was very much unlike Spider-Man). This film boasts excellent performances by AndrewGarfield, Willem Dafoe, Alfred Molina and several other great talents.

No Caption Provided

3) Avengers: Infinity War (2018)

The Avengers and their allies must be willing to sacrifice all in an attempt to defeat the powerful Thanos before his blitz of devastation and ruin puts an end to the universe.

Visually stunning with great action and a memorable performance by Josh Brolin, Avengers: Infinity War easily stands as the best Avengers film and one of the best CBMs ever.

No Caption Provided

4) Guardians of The Galaxy (2014)

A group of intergalactic criminals must pull together to stop a fanatical warrior with plans to purge the universe.

Funny, charming and boasting a great soundtrack, Guardians of The Galaxy excels as a fun sci fi adventure. The chemistry the Guardians have puts even The Avengers to shame.

No Caption Provided

5) Captain America: Civil War (2016)

Political involvement in the Avengers' affairs causes a rift between Captain America and Iron Man.

This is the movie 2016's Batman v Superman should have been. Although it suffers from bland cinematography and over use of shaky cam, it furthers Captain America's arc by pushing him into morally grey territory. The central conflict is earned and believable, and Zemo's plan is refreshing and subversive.

No Caption Provided
lazerbeak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Very good list, I’d agree but I’d add Endgame or Winter soldier on. Other then that, good list.

reaperace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 reaperace  Moderator

Great list, WS definitely feels missing, and I can argue Endgame above some contenders.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 frozen  Moderator

Great list, WS definitely feels missing, and I can argue Endgame above some contenders.

I considered TWS but I honestly think Civil War is better.

heiqn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@frozen said:
@reaperace said:

Agreed. I think Civil War is underrated.

heiqn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very nice list BTW. I can see why you chose these films from your previous lists of other CBMs

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 frozen  Moderator

@heiqn said:
@frozen said:
@reaperace said:

Agreed. I think Civil War is underrated.

Same.

I think upon release it was praised but over the years people began hating on it too much. I'm not sure why either, its got style and substance.

Avatar image for deactivated-63338e7709476
deactivated-63338e7709476

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The absence of TFA, TWS and Thor on this list is painful.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By frozen  Moderator

The absence of TFA, TWS and Thor on this list is painful.

No Caption Provided
heiqn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: Film actually has a serious tone at the beginning and final (of course in MCU Standards) if we take out the Mid Parts, Airport fight sequence which has a lot of jokes.

it has still better action scenes compared to TWS, and the film introduced Black Panther very good, I remember the times BP became my favorite hero after I watched the film in an empty saloon in the morning, I still think Civil War Black Panther is a more developed character than 2018 Black Panther. Especially after his talk with Zemo. 2018 BP is overshadowed by Killmonger. Without this film, T'Challa would be a very underdeveloped character.

eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Very good list, I’d agree but I’d add Endgame or Winter soldier on. Other then that, good list.

Yeah, this is what I was thinking as well. I’d replace Iron Man and Civil War with those two, but I can see why Frozen feels the way he does.

krisbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11 krisbishop  Moderator

Pretty solid list overall.

Mine would go something like:

1. The Winter Soldier
  2. Infinity War
  3. Civil War
  4. Guardians of the Galaxy
  5. Iron Man

They're all pretty close and can swap with another any time, tbh.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Thor-Parker

You should start with the spot number five and then build towards the first place, that way there's more anticipation to see your top pick.

I've noticed you start with the first place in almost all of your lists.

Anyway, just a tiny nitpick lol, maybe it's just me who prefers it that way.

On topic: Great list, I am very surprised there's no Captain America: The Winter Soldier though.

BOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The absence of TFA, TWS, Thor and Black Widow on this list is painful.

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 cocacolaman  Moderator

Iron Man's spot is surprising but not bad

My list's kinda typical:

1. Infinity War
  2. The Winter Soldier
  3. The Avengers
  4. Civil War
  5. Endgame
frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 frozen  Moderator

@boc said:

The absence of TFA, TWS, Thor and Black Widow on this list is painful.

Black Widow would firmly make my bottom 5 lol.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 frozen  Moderator

@heiqn said:

@frozen: Film actually has a serious tone at the beginning and final (of course in MCU Standards) if we take out the Mid Parts, Airport fight sequence which has a lot of jokes.

it has still better action scenes compared to TWS, and the film introduced Black Panther very good, I remember the times BP became my favorite hero after I watched the film in an empty saloon in the morning, I still think Civil War Black Panther is a more developed character than 2018 Black Panther. Especially after his talk with Zemo. 2018 BP is overshadowed by Killmonger. Without this film, T'Challa would be a very underdeveloped character.

Agreed. Its tonally balanced and the action is a step up compared to TWS. I always felt BP was cooler in CW than his own film too.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice list. Here's mine.

1. Avengers: Infinity War
  2. Spider-Man: No Way Home
  3. Guardians of the Galaxy
  4. Avengers: Endgame
  5. Spider-Man: Homecoming
batstroke2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Good list.

Here's mine:

Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)

Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)

Spider-Man: No Way Home (2021)

Avengers: Infinity War (2018)

Iron Man (2008)

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Good list. I thought The Winter Solider would have made the list.

_Logos_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

On point, but I still don't get what people find great about Guardians. To me it was kind of like why are these people getting together to work as a team and why should I care. Ronan was pretty boring as a villain too, and I couldn't take Drax seriously at all despite his very serious backstory. I found Guardians 2 to have a bit more substance because it actually explored and developed on a couple of the characters.

Other than that Guardians, I got the same order as you. Good taste!

Ccbm2208

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have to rewatch NWH or something because I don't really understand why it's a contender for the best MCU movie.

Saw the movie in theater on opening day while the hype was at an all time high (and I was apart of it) but still couldn't rate it higher than an 8.

J_Normal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very surprised TWS is absent

1) WS

2) NWH

3) Infinity War

4) Civil War

5) GoTG

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 frozen  Moderator

Bump.

heiqn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By heiqn

My list maybe will change after upcoming MCU Movies. My prediction:

1-) Infinity War

2-) Thor 4 (looks promising)

3-) Captain America Civil War

4-) Iron Man

5-) GOTG Vol.2

Dr. Strange 2 definitely not entering this list after 40-minute screen-cut because of "too bloody scenes for Disney" and blu-ray money, that's for sure.

lazerbeak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heiqn said:

My list maybe will change after upcoming MCU Movies. My prediction:

1-) Infinity War

2-) Thor 4 (looks promising)

3-) Captain America Civil War

4-) Iron Man

5-) GOTG Vol.2

Dr. Strange 2 definitely not entering this list after 40-minute screen-cut because of "too bloody scenes for Disney" and blu-ray money, that's for sure.

Plus nostalgia bait