Friday Wrap-Up 1/9/09

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
On Saturday we found out who will be the eleventh incarnation of The Doctor.  There were some mixed feelings but most of us are willing to give him a chance.
Afro Samurai (finally) returns to Spike TV on January 23.
Zack Snyder would love to make a movie out of Frank Miller's Dark Knight Returns.
On the same night that Afro Samurai returns, those of us in the U.S. will finally get to see "Wolverine And The X-Men" on Nick Toons.
Those in the anti-Lex Luthor camp received good news, he may not be the villain in the next Superman movie (whenever that gets made).
We got an early look at tonight's episode of The Clone Wars where Anakin and Obi-Wan have to work with Dooku.
The Captain Marvel movie appears to be dead.
Tom Welling may be signing up for a ninth season of Smallville.  We all want to see him fly as Superman.
Mickey Rourke just might be a villain in Iron Man 2 (word is as Crimson Dynamo).  Sam Rockwell is reportedly in talks also as a villain.
David Goyer said that all DC movies are on hold.  Our hope is they are giving more thought on making a cohesive movie universe as Marvel seems to be doing.
The big news yesterday was the reveal of the President Obama variant cover to Amazing Spider-Man #583.
Ian McKellen is waiting to see the finished script for the Magneto movie.
A comment by Sam Raimi has us making our wish list of villains to appear in the next Spider-Man movie.
The idea of replacing Heath Ledger as the Joker hasn't been ruled out.

In Watchmen News (there was a lot of...really nothing)
The Japanese trailer was released with some cool footage (althouth no one really commented on it).
The Watchmen trial won't have a jury.
A few new images were released.
Producer Lloyd Levin gave us some interesting insight about Fox's passing on the movie in his open letter.  This should be exhibit A in the case.
Today it seems that perhaps Fox and Warner Bros. are beginning talks of a settlement.

Videos
Red L.A.M.P. and myself discussed the idea of Nightwing being able to take Bruce's place as Batman.
We also took a stroll and got on the subject of superhero fingers.

At our sister sites:

Anime Vice

The movie poster for Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun Li was revealed.  Just as bad as the trailer.
Hayao Miyazaki celebrated his 68th birthday.
Much to my dismay, the Speed Racermovie was nominated for worst movie of the year.  I say there's been waaaay worse movies.

No Caption Provided
Giant Bomb

Capcom announced some release dates for the first quarter, including Street Fighter IV and Resident Evil 5.
A bunch of news for Fallout 3 has come out this week.
News about some Final Fantasy XIII sites came out.

Slinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#1  Edited By Slinger

Final Fantasy XIII not III.

Thanks for the recap G-Man!!

Acheron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Acheron

A Watchmen settlement? I didn't know about that. Thanks for the wrap-up, G-Man!

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By King_Saturn
Nice Wrap Up G-Man  !  I have been noticing that quite a few Users are getting tired of the Watchmen talk about the legal issues of the film... maybe now that we are getting close to a settlement... maybe there can be closure to the matter...
gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#4  Edited By gmanfromheck

I hope so.  I still say people should check out the Japanese version of the trailer.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By King_Saturn
G-Man said:
"I hope so.  I still say people should check out the Japanese version of the trailer."
Truth Indeed