Friday the 13th Respect Thread

IndieComicsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By IndieComicsFTW

First off, let me start to say I am not at all a Friday the 13th fan. Or Horror Movie fan in general. I do however like Iconic Monster types in Comics and love to see good battles with the undead in general. After getting my hands on and reading the Friday the 13th Comics, I decided to give mad respects to the Super Zombie himself.

No Caption Provided

Jason Voorhees

The story of Friday the 13th is a stupidly simple one. Much like Jason's own train of thought. It is simply a mentally challenge and messed up looking kid who drowned in Crystal Lake. Only to be resurrected every so often to go on murderous rampages, slaughtering anyone having sex. He does this killing with his Zombie Powers and various creative ways of killing people.

Durability

Jason is foremost a Zombie. It is quite clear he cannot be harmed or killed except under the most extreme cases.

1) Stabbed in the neck a few times with his own Machete.

2-4) Cut up with the circular saw, then falls 2 stories to the ground below. Then he snaps his own neck back into place.

5-6) Ganged on by many Freddy Kruegars and stabbed repeatedly till Jason throws them all off.

7-8) Falls off a mountain. No big deal.

9) Fights on with a hole in his chest.

10) Shot to hell by the army, no biggy.

11) Shot in the face with a Shotgun.

12) Head crushed by 6x6 beams.

13) Stabbed in the heart many times with his Machete. Get right back up. Than takes a cars wheel burning out on his face.

14) Part of this huge Train wreck. No problems for him.

Healing Factor

It should be noted in the movies and Comics he has shown and stated Healing Factor. However this Healing factor does not extend to Limbs or Decapitation oddly enough. However it has pieced his body to together and heal easy stab and puncture damage.

1-2) Heal destroyed eye in a few panels.

3) Heals his whole body from a grenade blast.

4) Stated Healing Factor.

5) Jason X smashes the missing half of his brain from Jason into his skull which then seals right up.

6) The healing factor works faster than the Air Craft Fuel can burn.

Strength

Jason's strength is another well documented and shown attribute of this super zombie. He is easily a 2 toner in feats from comics and movies.

1) Cuts through a tree and two bodies in a single swing.

2-3) Smashes two humans in a sleeping bag against a tree in a pulpy mess.

4-5) After being frozen solid, he smashes free.

6) Squeezes necks so hard the heads nearly come off.

7) Put his foot through two human bodies.

8) Puts his hand through someone head and then with a Grocery cart, slams it with such force over someone head that the head turns into stringed hamburger meat.

9) Lifts Car and flips it.

10) Pulps two humans heads together and then punches another head into red mist.

11) Punches through steel door.

12) Rips a human body in half.

13) Smashes a Car Engine Block.

14) Impales a person on a heavy street sign, then throws the Street Sign with impaled person on it to impale a second person who was 15 feet away!

Accuracy

Jason has also shown incredible accuracy with objects to kill people from a distance.

1) Arrow through the night and rain into a throat.

2) Arrow into a eye and then head.

3) Throws a head through a helicopters cockpit.

5) Accurately hits the spot on the tree to make this kill.

6) Knife into fleeing woman.

7) Rebar into shoulders.

8) Pins fleeing human to a wall.

9) Tags human in the head.

Speed

Although not noted as very fast, he has proven speeds is the occasional blitzing average humans or train military. He also has thrown things with such force that Speed has to be a factor, or Jason simply warps reality around him. Sure he misses any person or teen part of the Plot Line. but nails or speed wise slices and dices anyone who is not.

Some Examples of slicing and dicing before people can react.

Jason Stalking Skill and Slight Intelligence

It is important note Jason is not a mindless zombie. he has skill in Stalking, Stealth, and simple problem solving.

1) Jason knows he can use Copter blades to take out foe.

2) Jason loses his hand, so improvises.

3) Jason suspects trap and counters it.

Add to this the HUNDREDS of examples of Jason using his little brain to out stealth Teens, Hunters, and Military Forces. He may not be the brightest at all, but he is good at what he does. Stalking and Killing.

Battles

While Jason biggest feats is vs a group of pitiful teens, he never really gets taken down by those teens except via plot device. He does in comics and some movies prove his worth against Special Forces, Space Commandos, Androids, Psychics, and other Horror Movie characters.

Jason vs Leatherface. In both battle Jason easily beats the Texan murderer with ease. Only a sideline intervention of a head pulping KOs Jason long enough for them to be rid of him.

Jason mutilates this cop and hospitable without anyone being the wiser to it.

Jason vs the Army. Jason is taken on by a special forces group to be studied. The freezing him with Nitro was a smart move, but as soon it melted they were screwed.

Jason tracks the girl who got away into the Army base that tried to capture him, kills the whole base.

Jason again is attacked by a well prepared Army. Using his stealth skill (Which he shows alot in feats of killing and stalking) he dispatches the force with little trouble.

Jason vs a future tech geared group with his new super machete.

Jason vs Ash. The one and only Ash from Evil Dead was easily manhandled by Jason.

Jason vs Freddy vs Ash. In this 3 way match, Freddy gains all his Dream World power in the real world. Making him a god for lack of a better word. Yet Jason manages to keep giving him problems since he cannot die! Add to it Ash attacking both sides to get the Necromatis Book back.

Well we talked of the original Jason long enough. For all his power, he does get a upgrade in stats as Jason X.

Now I dislike using Youtube due to the chance they may be taken off, but here they are anyway as they add alot.

Jason vs Tina Sheperd. Tina is a very powerful Psychic using her powers to the fullest to beat Jason. In the end, she could only manage to beat him by putting his butt back into Crystal Lake.

Jason vs Freddy, the original match up had a CLEARLY meta human Freddy pulled into the real world. Freddy uses every trick he can think of, every weapon he could come across, and Jason still pretty much won in the end. Tanked it all. He even shows that Healing factor after both eyes were stabbed, and that strangth in tossing Freddy 100s of feet with one arm.

No Caption Provided

Jason X

Jason X is the upgraded Cyborg Zombie from Jason X movies. He would have the same skills and stats, only his feats in strength and durability are upgraded.

Strength

His strength reaches 8-10 ton levels.

1) Throws a head so hard that it causes the receiving android to fly through the back wooden wall.

2) Throws a large tree like a javelin.

Durability

Other than showing a Bullet Proof body in the movie, this form of Jason shows durability that would make Terminator blush.

1-2) Tanks a very large bomb.

3) Electrocuted with high voltage.

4-5) Survives atmosphere re entry and the subsequent fall that craters the earth.

Battles

Jason X does not have much Screen Time, but what battles he has shows his superiority.

Jason in the movie had taken out one android. In this he fights and easily wrecks multiple android foes.

Jason fights and beats his original version in a step through time type deal. Jason X wanted Classic Jason brain to complete his own missing mind. This is a very impressive feat for classic Jason to hold up so well and shows that Jason X is superior.

More Youtube to get the idea how tough these androids are and how superior Jason X was to Classic Jason.

Jason had for the most part got beaten down by this android. However as Jason X he laughably dominates, punching its head off.

IndieComicsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By IndieComicsFTW

Due to uploading issues, I am filling it in piece by piece.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jason X had the best design to me

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Take your time, this is awesome!

Avatar image for emequious_swerve
Emequious_Swerve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh, maybe in the comics Jason comes off like he has super powers, but that was never really the intent of the films. His physical stats change drastically film to film. I mean, he was killed by a little kid in one film after he buried a machete in Jasons head, lol.

IndieComicsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By IndieComicsFTW

@kgb725@monsterstomp Its finish now.

@emequious_swerve said:

Meh, maybe in the comics Jason comes off like he has super powers, but that was never really the intent of the films. His physical stats change drastically film to film. I mean, he was killed by a little kid in one film after he buried a machete in Jasons head, lol.

All true. However the comics and a few movies show super human stats. Also in two movies Jason was not Jason. It was a guy pretending to be Jason in Movie 4 (I believe Movie 4) and Movie 1 was his Mother. In Movies 7,8,9,10, and Freddy vs Jason he has some clear cut super strength and durability.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

Nice. Jason's pretty tough.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Wolfrazer

@indiecomicsftw: Very, very nice how much did all these comics cost you? Did ya like em?

Also it was Part 5 that there was the pretender Jason. Also Emequious he was human up until part 6, so of course prior to that he would die though even then it took more than a simple stabbing.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
McHotcakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725@monsterstomp Its finish now.

@emequious_swerve said:

All true. However the comics and a few movies show super human stats. Also in two movies Jason was not Jason. It was a guy pretending to be Jason in Movie 4 (I believe Movie 4) and Movie 1 was his Mother. In Movies 7,8,9,10, and Freddy vs Jason he has some clear cut super strength and durability.

It was part 5 where someone impersonated Jason. From part 6 onward Jason has clear super strength. Video is semi NSFW

Loading Video...

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now here is hoping people will see a new light of Jason instead of just disregarding him.

IndieComicsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp: Most of us do these days.

Now here is hoping people will see a new light of Jason instead of just disregarding him.

Thanks to you, I was able to find and piece this together.

@emequious_swerve: Tommy killing Jason was pre part 6, when he was upgraded.

It was part 5 where someone impersonated Jason. From part 6 onward Jason has clear super strength. Video is semi NSFW

Ahh yes. Thank you.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Wolfrazer

@indiecomicsftw: Quite and I thank you lol, how much did the comics cost you?

IndieComicsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@indiecomicsftw: Quite and I thank you lol, how much did the comics cost you?

My friend got me half of them digitally. The rest cost around 20 something in shopping prices. They are not super expensive.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By jwalser3
Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Wolfrazer

A personal thing to note, I'm not entirely convinced that Jason is actually retarded. I never really saw anything to suggest that, Physically retarded? Yes. Mentally? Not really, I haven't really seen anything suggesting tha. Unless of course there is a source for it, then alright but I never seen anything suggesting.

IndieComicsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A personal thing to note, I'm not entirely convinced that Jason is actually retarded. I never really saw anything to suggest that, Physically retarded? Yes. Mentally? Not really. Of course you never really see any real intelligence, given that all he does is kill...but I never really saw anything saying that he was a retard.

Since he died as a small child, he should have the Intellect of one. Like I noted he can spot traps and has learn to become a efficient killer and stalker. He will not solve complex math but smart enough to write his name as Jason vs Leatherface showed us. He can understand and take orders from Freddy in both the movie and comic. So he may not be zombie stupid, I do not think he is all bright except at what he does best, killing.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Wolfrazer

@indiecomicsftw said:

@wolfrazer said:

A personal thing to note, I'm not entirely convinced that Jason is actually retarded. I never really saw anything to suggest that, Physically retarded? Yes. Mentally? Not really. Of course you never really see any real intelligence, given that all he does is kill...but I never really saw anything saying that he was a retard.

Since he died as a small child, he should have the Intellect of one. Like I noted he can spot traps and has learn to become a efficient killer and stalker. He will not solve complex math but smart enough to write his name as Jason vs Leatherface showed us. He can understand and take orders from Freddy in both the movie and comic. So he may not be zombie stupid, I do not think he is all bright except at what he does best, killing.

Well obviously he wouldn't solve complex math and all that. But I'm just noting that he isn't actually retarded in the sense that he doesn't run around wildly chasing after said victims. So he clearly has some sort of thought process. Of course I am probably taking the word retarded as if Jason isn't able to think at all so.../shrug.

Though I don't think retarded is the proper term......basic intelligence seems more fitting for Jason. At least for me anyway.

Bierschneeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By Bierschneeman

cool thread... just a note, from a Horror movie nut (and movies in general, and cause you said you weren't) , that whole eye thing...his left eye in the movies has been stabbed and shot, REPEATEDLY... just thought you liked to know, as part of his awesome.

IndieComicsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cool thread... just a note, from a Horror movie nut (and movies in general, and cause you said you weren't) , that whole eye thing...his left eye in the movies has been stabbed and shot, REPEATEDLY... just thought you liked to know, as part of his awesome.

Thanks. I remember only the Freddy vs Jason scene as I was screaming "Get em Freddy! Get that Retarded son of a b***h!" at the time. lol.

McHotcakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfrazer: The unofficial diagnosis of Jason's deformity is called hydrocephalus. Its a condition that leads to both physical deformity and mental retardation. Of course just because he is. So that would seem to suggest that Jason does have some type of mental handicap. Of course being mentally handicapped doesn't mean you can't be intelligent. It just means that their thinking process is impaired in some way.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Wolfrazer

@mchotcakes: Right he has that but as I said, I guess I was looking at it as he wasn't able to think at all. I just don't think retarded is accurate for Jason, basic intell seems more fitting. He did after all survive in the woods for an odd number of years, he 'died' at age what? 11? He was home schooled, so for 11 years he was or should have been taught at least basic things..

IndieComicsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By IndieComicsFTW

He knew how to stab someone in the face.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@indiecomicsftw: This is just awesome. I have a whole new level of respect for Jason. I'm not going to lie, I used to really low ball Jason on every thread I saw him on up until this point. Nice work. I'm looking forward to seeing you use him in the tourny you just made.

IndieComicsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: Thanks. I am still not a jAson fan at all, liked Freddy better for the laughs, but his comics are pretty tight.

RonSiconolfi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jason vorhees is freakin cool. they should have made a jason vs mike myers movie. the first movie was the best- then the third were he gets his iconic goalie mask.

Carter_esque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice thread

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice thread indeed.

Deadgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Excellent Respect thread.

Avatar image for bullet_to_the_head
Bullet_to_the_Head

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for bullet_to_the_head
Bullet_to_the_Head

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz: Bumping your thread like You don't know a thing about it. I find it funny

Stimul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strength feat.

No Caption Provided