Frank Miller Batman Respect Thread

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

This is the respect thread for one of the best Batman's of all time. Frank Miller's insane Batman of Earth 31. Whether you love him, or hate him, he is the godd@mn Batman!

Feats for this thread apply to Earth 31 Batman, which include Year One, All Star, Batman vs Spawn, Dark Knight Returns, Dark Knight Strikes Again, and the upcoming The Master Race.

No Caption Provided

The origin of this Batman was establish in Year One, which ironically became the origin of Post crisis Batman, and New 52 Batman as well. From the bios base on Year One we get a understanding of this Batman. So lets start with the stats of this Batman.

Strength

One of Frank Millers Batman's best traits was his strength.

No Caption Provided

At the age of 55 he snaps a gun in half.

No Caption Provided

At a young age he snaps Handcuffs easy.

At the age of 55 he is more than capable of overpowering 3-4 swat team guys at a time.

No Caption Provided

At the age of 55and out of shape, he hauls a 200+ pound man up the side of the largest skysraper.

No Caption Provided

During his younger years he manages to bust multiple bricks with a chop, and even kicks a solid tree down!

No Caption Provided

With a bullet in his leg, Batman still kicks down a solid stone support column.

One of his best feats at his oldest age of somewhere in his 60s, Batman punches sense in a raging Plastic man of all people.

Speed

This Batman was not slow at all. Even at his old age, he had great speed as he did in his prime.

In the dark of the cave, Batman catches the arrow from a bow aimed at the back of his head by Robin.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Many feats from his young age, to his prime, to his older age of 55 dodging gun fire from thugs to train Marksmen. Dodging massive gunfire with ease.

Batman at his old age manages to out distance a explosive bomb that leveled a apartment building, with Carrie in tow.

Durability

While many may not know it, this Batman is insane durable. Insanely so. He has taken beatings like no other, and never let it slow him down.

No Caption Provided

In his prime he could run for days straight with no rest, beating down criminals to a pulp.

Many times whether at the age of 55 or as a young adult he has shrug of bullets wounds from large caliber weapons.

No Caption Provided

Batman is pulverized by Classic Spawn unleashing his magic amps, but sets his bones right, and gets back to fighting Spawn the next issue.

At the Age of 55, with his old body, Batman still took a critical beaten, to near death by the Mutant Leader only to recover, and get back to work on beating the Mutant Leader.

At the age of 55, Batman is stabbed multiple times in the guts, and still fights on against approaching Swat.

In his final fight with Superman, Batman was wearing a medical harness, and still suffering all the accumulated injuries of his recent battles, and the problems of old age. Yet through all this he fought Superman who was breaking bones, ripping up the suit, all the while Batman continue to fight on.

Gear

One of the most important things to any Batman is gear. Frank Miller Batman is no exception to the awesome gear he makes and gets his hands on.

Batarangs

Of course the main stay weapon would be his Batrangs which Batman has amazing accuracy with.

No Caption Provided

Accurately nails the arm of this Mutant with four Batarangs.

No Caption Provided

Disarms more thugs with thrown Batarangs.

No Caption Provided

Disarms two shooters easy.

No Caption Provided

Nails Joker in the eye through all the gas.

No Caption Provided

Plants one in Spawns head before he could defend himself.

Grapple Lines

This Batman also makes use of Grapple Lines like any other. Even for attacks.

No Caption Provided

Grapple Line in the Gauntlet.

No Caption Provided

Hand thrown Grapple Line.

No Caption Provided

Used to snatch a crook and drag him down.

No Caption Provided

Used to tie some people up from horseback.

Thermite

Batman makes extensive use of Thermite Weapons that burn at hot temperatures, and set fire to nearby things.

No Caption Provided

Explodes a large search light.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Explodes a couple of row bots with it, blowing men around.

No Caption Provided

Blows back a cop.

Batman uses it again here to explode Bleach.

Smoke

Batman makes use of Smoke for distraction, and cover.

Uses it here to distract.

No Caption Provided

Smokes the entire area of Cops and fights them in it.

No Caption Provided

Smokes out cops for a getaway.

No Caption Provided

Fights thugs in it no problem.

Fear Gas

No Caption Provided

Batman uses a form of Fear Gas to make people live their worst nightmares.

Nerve Gas

Batman has use Nerve Gas to hinder foes, or KO a mob of men.

No Caption Provided

Batman uses a powerful Nerve Gas that even affects Spawn who is mostly immune to chemical attacks.

Used from his Gloves that sedates Dick Grayson, though it should have Knocked him out a normal man.

Plastique Explosives

Batman caries explosives for whatever the situation may require.

Batman uses explosive to blow a hole in the wall.

No Caption Provided

Batman uses explosives to bring down a tunnel.

Tranqs

Thanks to his strict no intentional killing policy, he makes use of tranq like sedatives.

No Caption Provided

Tranq dipped Batarangs.

No Caption Provided

Another Tranq dipped Batarang.

Blow Dart with tranq dipped darts.

No Caption Provided

Tranq Gun to the neck.

Razor Edge Cape

This Batman also used a razor edge cape later in his career to maim foes.

Uses it to slice a mans stomach, chop off another thugs hand of, and leaves his mark on Luther.

Bat Sonics

Main Stay of Batmans gear is the ability to summon mass amount of bats for cover, and distractions.

Summons Bats to cover a city block.

No Caption Provided

Summons bats to Attucks crooked cops.

Putty

Batman one time used a special putty capsule to hit the face of the Mutant Leader, and stop him dead in his tracks. While unclear in the comic itself, it was clarified in the animated adaptation.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Ends the fight with the Mutant Leader in one move.

Electronic Gizmo

A weapon the older Batman design to take down people with Electronic level.

No Caption Provided

Shuts down the nervous system of anyone in its path. Does not work on Kryptonians though.

Glider

Batman has shown many times to have use, or have on stand by a Batglider of some kind.

No Caption Provided

Early Glider to get around the city.

No Caption Provided

Self operating Glider that can carry two.

Power Gauntlets

Batman has twice in extreme cases make use of Power Gauntlets to fight foes superior than himself.

No Caption Provided

The first pair he use were confiscated pair from a raid. He then mention to take time to analyzed them. In his fight with Spawn they granted Batman increase strength, and fresh stamina to beat on spawn with.

No Caption Provided

The second pair were energy made ones to beat on a weaken Superman with.

Skill

What kind of Batman this be without Skill?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Two Separate Bios base on Year One origins. One stating his Year One comic as having study and master over 127 martial arts. As well Hunting techniques, and stealth techniques, and more. Another states in his Year One that he learn from Manhunters and Martial Artist mastering every fighting style.

Pressure Points and Human Body Knowledge

Batman shows this knowledge in his fighting and use of Pressure Points.

No Caption Provided

Here Batman states several ways to get out of his predicament, and then shows one way with a single kick to handicap the crook for life.

No Caption Provided

Batman again shows this knowledge by stating how he hit Spawn where the kidney should be hard enough to hospitalize Spawn for 6 months. Spawn however had no kidneys.

No Caption Provided

Batman using Pressure Points on nerve clusters, as well chops that cause desired bleeding effects.

No Caption Provided

Takes down two grown men with nerve pinches in the neck.

Against Other Skilled Foes

The Spawn Cross Over is stated to be Canon to Earth 31 by Miller in hear say, he wrote the comic with McFarland and both originally wanted it to be a canon crossover, only McFarland shortly retcon this afterward. However this official Novel on all things Batman confirms the Cannon of this rumor as well.

No Caption Provided

With that said one can say this was one of Batman's best feats, fighting a classic version of Al Simmons whi himself is the most deadly assassin in the Image world. Batman match well enough with no real special gear, and stalemated with the help of Gauntlets. A great feat against a skill establish foe like Simmons..

Fights

This Batman was no pushover in a fight. Had some epic battles that most remember.

With Prep he taken down Superman twice, Match Spawn, killed a super human version of Dick Grayson, straighten all the corruption on Gotham, save all the Justice League from imprisonments, and brought down Lex Luther's empire to name a few. If your really curious how things went down, read the comics.

Hope fans of the Frank Miller Batman enjoyed the thread.

No Caption Provided

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

Are you retarded? I'm the god damn Batman! Best quote ever.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are you retarded? I'm the god damn Batman! Best quote ever.

No Caption Provided

This part always made me laugh too.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I remember reading Spawn and Batman. The way Batman talked to him was atrocious.

Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Miller literally made me laugh throughout All-Star Batman and Robin. LMFAO!

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good job.

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good thread.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't Frank write Batman calling someone retarded? Yeah that really pissed me off, throughout comics batman has had more class than that. Then he writes him as a senseless prick.....come on.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

Didn't Frank write Batman calling someone retarded? Yeah that really pissed me off, throughout comics batman has had more class than that. Then he writes him as a senseless prick.....come on.

I like him like that. Thats better then Pre or New 52 Batman IMO.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084
deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

This is great. Thanks for making this!

Costy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@costy21: The First time in The Dark knight Returns with all the prep he did, and second time in Dark Knight Strike Again with much prep as well. I would post scans, but due to Scan rules and the fact both fights are like 20 scans, All i can post is the three scans from each.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

erikarlsson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a great thread, surprised it hasn't gotten more attention.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If your really curious how things went down, read the comics.

That is the greatest sentence I've ever seen on a Respect Thread.

GunsNRoses23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By GunsNRoses23

cool

Avatar image for deactivated-6155f5fcc6972
deactivated-6155f5fcc6972

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New Batman feats:

He can take a swipe from Barbatos which sends him flying (Dark Nights Metal #6). I don't think Barbatos' physical body is multiversal or anything like that (He could be harmed by Hawkgirl. I don't think Hawkgirl is multiversal unless I'm missing something) but he is pretty massive, so I'm assuming he can hit with some force.

This is a cameo but I think it might be canon as there isn't anything condradicting his appearance here IIRC.

He can charge up his special gauntlets with enough energy to punch in a bank vault. Not standart gear I think. He only used it to attempt to beat Superman (Superman Year One #3). This is canon to TDKR comic right?

No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

Avatar image for deactivated-6025c60aa67c8
deactivated-6025c60aa67c8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ProfessorRespect

@professorrespect: There are only two feats, so they can all fit in one thread.

I guess. The canonical detail of those feats is pretty questionable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: Only Dark Nights Metal I think. Pretty sure Superman Year One is canon to TDKR universe and it's written by Frank Miller.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: Only Dark Nights Metal I think. Pretty sure Superman Year One is canon to TDKR universe and it's written by Frank Miller.

How did that work afterwards, through? Did he have his memory wiped or anything like that?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: Which one are you talking about?

If you are talking about Metal, I have not read the TDKR sequels but does that condradict his journey to multiverse? Miller Batman met Batman of other timelines in Zero Hour also. He was displaced into Post-Crisis verse along with versions like Pre-Crisis Earth-One and Earth-Two Batmen.

If you are talking about Superman Year One, why would he need mind-wipe?

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@starsprime3: Metal, yeah. You'd think something like that would be referenced at some point, or impact him in some sort of manner. It's not exactly something that happened at all.

Zero Hour was basically a excuse to retcon stuff, so I wouldn't say that's canon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: IDK I mean many characters visit such places, yet don't talk about it all the time but I can't say for sure as I didn't read the TDKR sequels.

For what it's worth, he was more than a single panel cameo in Zero Hour (as in he had a talking role) and he didn't seem all that surprised when he realised he was in an alternate Gotham.

But I did say it MIGHT be canon in my OP.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: Also, he likely did forget the Metal story considering JL merged their powers in magical power armors or something to make it like the events never happened in an instant. Right before that, Earth-Zero was plunging into Dark Multiverse and a lot of the human population became Doomsday clones but all that was fixed in an instant. So, yeah he probably forgot. Same with Zero Hour if that's canon.