Magneto is an german Jew who was captured and imprisoned in one of the Nazi death camps - Auschwitz Birkenau. As a young child (~10 years old or less) being prisoner in death camp where you can't be sure when they will execute you - this day or after month of slave, hard work left in his brain plenty of horrific memories. Including death of his mom, who was shot in front of his eyes or experiments on him when they realised that he has some powers. After all he survived. He was standing still on his own legs and planning his revange on everyone who harm others because "they have orders".
The most important thing. Thanks to his mutation he can controll and manipulate magnetic fields.
- Magneto uses his powers to fill robots with metal. Later he was able to controll them. Dunno what he did with this but he hacked them in some way, they were obeying his voice commands
He has standard human strenght.
Reflexes and speed
Eric is an bullet-timer. There you have scene where he stopped bullet at almost point blank range after it was fired.
Bullets fired from slings, slingshots, and many airguns (including BB guns) travel well below the speed of sound (about 340 m/s or 1115 feet/s in dry air at sea level). Low-power handguns have muzzle velocities generally less than the speed of sound (subsonic), while bullets fired from high-power handguns (such as a .44 Magnum) and from rifles have an initial speed faster than the speed of sound, meaning they are supersonic and thus can travel a substantial distance and even hit a target before a nearby observer hears the "bang" of the shot
He has standard human durability. Nothing to add really.
- Due to this canon image he's an skilled strategist and has genius intellect.
- He's fluent in German, French, English and Polish.
- He's an great leader. With his speech mases can rise causing rebellion, making an army.
- He's an expert in the Chess game.
- He uses the environment all the time, he doesn't adapt to the battlefield - he adapts the battlefield to HIM. Like in the Stadium scene.
- Helmet - His helmet protects him from telepathy. You cannot controll him or read his thoughts. Also the helmet is bulletproof. He was shot to the head and he will barely felt that.
- Chestplate - His chestplate is made from metal parts. That to that he always has metal with him + he can fly thanks to using his power on his armor.