• 118 results
#101 Posted by BR_Havoc (1756 posts) - - Show Bio

It's odd that is all I can say. I mean look like Lex is going to be painfully awkward, nervous, when attempting to be smug.

#102 Posted by RustyRoy (16610 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

@rustyroy:

That depends in a lot. Is the film a faithful adaptation of the comics? Or is the film an adaptation of the comics? Other than that I can't possibly know if it's good or not until I see it.

So you're saying you won't have a problem with him as Batman?

#103 Posted by RustyRoy (16610 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks, age, voice, acting - all these things matter. If only acting matters then only cast Sean Connery and Maryl Streep to play every gd character. It seems like WB and Snyder are making these choices just to surprise us. Not everyone can pull a Heath Ledger.

#104 Posted by SandMan_ (4581 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm still baffled that WW and Batman are in the movie, more than anything else.

#105 Edited by SandMan_ (4581 posts) - - Show Bio

This isn't MOS 2 anyway...I'm gonna have to wait a few years to see another Superman solo.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
#106 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (45774 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous said:

Arguing about opinions is like getting caught masturbating by your mum. It's pointless, confusing and afterwards everybody just feels ashamed.

L

M

F

A

O

So Speaketh The Truth.

#107 Edited by SOG7dc (11368 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy:

I'm saying idk until I see it. I don't get what's so hard to grasp about what I'm saying.....have you ever had a Shrimp St. Paul? If the answer is no then you can't possibly tell me whether it's good or not until you've had one.

#108 Edited by flameboy298 (2805 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08:

Im starting to think they're going with these type of picks because of the Celery.RDJ Got 50M for Iron-man and you have to realize these guys are going to have to split the celery I remember In The Avengers I think Samuel L. Jackson and RDJ got paid the most.So Im thinking Good Talented Actors would cost more to be put into the movie. I see it as

Henry and Ben taking home most of the cake.

Also I can see Jesse being a wealthy type genuis guy,I think he has abit of potential to surprise everyone and do what Heath Ledger did,but I doubt Gal Gadot does.

#109 Edited by RustyRoy (16610 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: Well its not the same thing, you can watch a actor's caliber from previous movies, its like knowing what you want in a phone or car and then selecting from a number of models, so its not like tasting a food. Btw I'm not sure you know Jonah.

#110 Posted by SOG7dc (11368 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy:

So past performance is 100% indicative of future performance?

#111 Edited by flameboy298 (2805 posts) - - Show Bio

A movie like this is either going to be epic or its going to be a failure

#112 Posted by RustyRoy (16610 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: Not 100% but its a good indicator of performance, and as I said before its not only about acting.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
#113 Posted by thatguywithheadphones (19859 posts) - - Show Bio

This movie didn't have my attention, now it has lost my curiousity.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
#114 Posted by buttersdaman000 (22677 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to save these negative Jesse Eisenberg threads, as I did the Gal Gadot ones, until the movie comes out. When the movie turns out to be awesome i'm going to juxtapose them against the praise threads. I'm 99% sure the same people who are whining, and throwing temper tantrums now will be the same ones bragging about how they knew the movie would be great all along.

And, if the movie actually turns out to suck, then great, pessimism won out.

#115 Posted by Erik (32502 posts) - - Show Bio

@bluearrow: Lex has not always been shown to be muscular. In fact, in many versions he was decidedly out of shape until Superman came along, where Lex commits to making himself into becoming the pinnacle of physical human perfection. Also, I have never seen him portrayed as more muscular than Superman.

Avatar image for youknowwhattodo
#116 Posted by youknowwhattodo (2196 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

Just saying....

#117 Edited by ccraft (12437 posts) - - Show Bio
#118 Posted by Ace20XD6 (270 posts) - - Show Bio

Four reasons why Jesse Eisenberg should be Lex:

1. Baldness. I'm gonna come out and say it, I hope he's NOT bald in the film. In the first Superman film, Lex wasn't apparently bald, if I recall he wore a wig until the end. I want this to be Lex just up and coming (in the spotlight anyway, obviously he's been around awhile) thus, i want him to have hair. It would also make for a better plot if he goes bald later thanks to something Superman did, it would make him hate the alien all the more.

2. Muscles: Lex is a businessman, Lex is a genius, Lex is a philanthropist and Lex is a criminal mastermind. None of that requires him to be Hulk Hogan. Look at Michael Rosenbaum, look at Gene Hackman, look at Kevin Spacey, NONE of them were overly muscular, after all, Lex's brain is his most powerful weapon, not his brawn.

3. Age: Henry Cavill is 30, Jesse Eisenberg is..omg, 30!! They'll be more or less the same age, just like the comics. Just cause Jesse looks young, doesn't mean he's a 15 year old boy. We've already seen Lex old in every film role, having a young, cocky, brash Lex will fit having a young, brash, unsure of himself Superman, they parallels will be more interesting than "Old billionaire doesn't trust alien" plus, we might already be seeing that with Bruce Wayne.

4. Speech: Lex is a smooth talker, he's manipulative, clever and charming in a way, one doesn't have to have a low, deep voice to get that acroos. Jesse can be a fast talking, slick almost used car salesman type Lex. One who can get the public to rally behind him with his youth and charm, especially a public who has just been hurt by the damage done to Metropolis by to angry aliens. He can be the hero that Metropolis thinks it needs.

Plus, Jesse is used to being deceitful in his speeches.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Jesse can be a great Lex, if done right.

You may find those scenes intimidating, to me he sounds more annoying, plus Affleck and Cavill look closer to the same age than him and Cavill even though those two are over ten years apart.

Avatar image for imthedamnbatman
#119 Posted by ImTheDamnBatman (3973 posts) - - Show Bio

@youknowwhattodo: Except Jesse Eisenberg doesn't have the frame or facial structure to look like that.

Avatar image for imthedamnbatman
#120 Posted by ImTheDamnBatman (3973 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy: I really wish I could quote posts from my phone. Anyways, I completely agree with you "acting isn't everything" statement. Presence and appearance are things even the greatest actors can't imitate.