• 96 results
69ball-z-deep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By 69ball-z-deep

Well we all new it was just a matter of time after word got out about the IM v CA movie the internet would start comparing it with BvS.

Well Forbes has fired the first shot claiming in an editorial titled "IM v CA trumps BvS!" That Marvels lead duo is simply to much for DCs finest.

So what do ya think viners. Is this a load of bullocks. Or is a IM v CA movie to much for BvS?

Sound off.

MatthewParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

A link to the article would be good.

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHAHAHHAAHHAHAAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHAHAHHAAHHAHAAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHAHAHHAAHHAHAAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHAHAHHAAHHAHAAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysticmedivh: I knew the article is real but I'm laughing at the fact that he thinks Cap vs IM will be bigger than Superman vs Batman. two upcoming heroes vs two of the biggest heroes of all time

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysticmedivh: I knew the article is real but I'm laughing at the fact that he thinks Cap vs IM will be bigger than Superman vs Batman. two upcoming heroes vs two of the biggest heroes of all time

Eh. We'll just have to wait and see, who knows, it might even be true.

69ball-z-deep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@godzilla44: umm...i never gave my own opinion. I only stated Forbes opinion.

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@69ball-z-deep: I was talking about the guy who wrote the article, did you notice his creepy picture he has

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@godzilla44 said:

I know right people are just throwing around the word "confirmed" when Disney or Marvel haven't said anything.

69ball-z-deep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By 69ball-z-deep

@godzilla44: all i'll say is this. when it comes to money matters Forbes is normally in the know. I'll trust there opinion over the whiney fanboys on this site any day.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysticmedivh said:

@godzilla44 said:

I know right people are just throwing around the word "confirmed" when Disney or Marvel haven't said anything.

They have to throw around stuff (whether it is confirmed or unconfirmed) in order to make some articles, get attention, make money, and avoid being sent to the unemployment line.

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SilverPool

Without Superman and Batman, we may not have Iron Man and Captain America.

Can I get an ooo kill em?

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In the mainstream today, people is more in touch with Tony Stark and Steve Roger that with Bruce Wayne and Clark Kent.

Not only this, but there is the fact its a new Batman and Superman last movie was polarizing.

Guardians of the Galaxy its evidence how people cant get into things really fast.

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Spidey_Jackson

Ironman has become INSANELY popular. That coupled with people who think it's cool to mispronounce America, Cap 3(If it does have IM in it) could give BVS a run for it's money.

Beata

MatthewParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHAHAHHAAHHAHAAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHAHAHHAAHHAHAAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHAHAHHAAHHAHAAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHAHAHHAAHHAHAAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Couldn't think of an intelligent response? I think BvS will gross more than Cap 3, even if Cap was advertised as Iron Man vs Captain America, but it's not that unrealistic. A lot of different factors play into this which is why my prediction is BvS will gross more, but simply looking at numbers Captain America's last movie gross + Iron Mans last Movie gross = $1.92b that's way more than Batman's last movie gross + Superman's last movie gross= $1.75b. that's a difference of $170,000,000.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Cap and Iron Man have become well established characters. Batman V Superman has a new Batman, and a Superman from a movie that was not well received.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17 the_stegman  Moderator

I think Cap 3 will out gross BvS, the Marvel movies will get butts in seats, still, I'm MUCH more excited to see the Trinity live.

MatthewParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By MatthewParker

@silverpool said:

Without Avengers and The MCU, we might not be getting BvS and The Justice League.

MatthewParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@godzilla44 said:

@mysticmedivh said:

@godzilla44 said:

They have to throw around stuff (whether it is confirmed or unconfirmed) in order to make some articles, get attention, make money, and avoid being sent to the unemployment line.

I know and it's dumb

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@godzilla44 said:

Couldn't think of an intelligent response? I think BvS will gross more than Cap 3, even if Cap was advertised as Iron Man vs Captain America, but it's not that unrealistic. A lot of different factors play into this which is why my prediction is BvS will gross more, but simply looking at numbers Captain America's last movie gross + Iron Mans last Movie gross = $1.92b that's way more than Batman's last movie gross + Superman's last movie gross= $1.75b. that's a difference of $170,000,000.

I did look at my other responses, that's was just my first thought when I read the article

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#22  Edited By MakkyD

The article's argument is pretty sound, if they do a Iron Man vs Cap film, it'll probably beat BvS unless WB market it well.

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silverpool said:

Without Avengers and The MCU, we might not be getting BvS and The Justice League.

My example predates yours, therefore it is more logically sound than yours even though I'm pretty sure both of us are using logical fallacies as arguments

#don'tsweatmyswagsweg

dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not gonna happen, and BvS is gonna trump itself.

MatthewParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matthewparker said:

@silverpool said:

My example predates yours, therefore it is more logically sound than yours even though I'm pretty sure both of us are using logical fallacies as arguments

#don'tsweatmyswagsweg

Haha

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@godzilla44 said:

I think that Cap 3 won't do as well as BvS because it'll likely be a lead in to a Civil War event film, that is if the rumor is actually true. That Civil War film, however, is anyone's guess. If they build it up right it could surpass Avengers.

I read a comment somewhere that suggested they might do Cap 3 as the Civil War in the eyes of Cap, Iron Man 4 as the Civil War in the eyes of IM, then a Civil War event film to conclude it. I thought that sounded like an awesome idea, but maybe I'm crazy.

MatthewParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matthewparker said:

@godzilla44 said:

I think that Cap 3 won't do as well as BvS because it'll likely be a lead in to a Civil War event film, that is if the rumor is actually true. That Civil War film, however, is anyone's guess. If they build it up right it could surpass Avengers.

I read a comment somewhere that suggested they might do Cap 3 as the Civil War in the eyes of Cap, Iron Man 4 as the Civil War in the eyes of IM, then a Civil War event film to conclude it. I thought that sounded like an awesome idea, but maybe I'm crazy.

That actually sounds like a good idea!

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matthewparker said:

@godzilla44 said:

That's an awesome idea, I hope they do that

Benk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the one month separation between release dates should minimize the financial hit for the movies

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

Yeah but we already know your opinion.

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By EyeDCyou
MatthewParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eyedcyou said:
@69ball-z-deep said:

Yeah but we already know your opinion.

Why you got to do that, you're just going to start another argument between you two, lol.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matthewparker: Lol, because I hate reading anti-DC stuff. I like arguments that aren't fueled by bias.

MatthewParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eyedcyou said:

@matthewparker: Lol, because I hate reading anti-DC stuff. I like arguments that aren't fueled by bias.

Lol

Tyrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It has a chance.

Remember 2013? "The king is back baby! 2 billion GUARANTEED".....

Avatar image for greatcaesarsghost
GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*rolls eyes* Oh yeah, because it's not like most people will be going to both.

Tyrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Tyrus

Look-- I think BvS will beat Cap 3.

Unless Marvel market Cap 3 like BvS (Iron Man v Cap) then I don't see them coming close. Tho it does seem to be the case with Downey - being the greedy bastard he is, demanding a larger role.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess I'll give my 2 cents on the matter. IF the rumors become true about Tony being in Cap 3, that definitely gives it a large sales boost. Without Tony, Cap 3 had no chance of out-grossing BvS, but this could give them a chance. Iron Man is obviously the flagship of the MCU, and his franchise has made more than any of the others by far. Obviously, adding the most charismatic and well known actor from the Avengers into Cap's solo movie would make it that much more exciting. I sure hope Tony is in the movie, because I think Civil War would be cool to see on film. I still think BvS will be too much for Cap 3 to handle, but the race will definitely be closer now. People can say that Iron Man & Cap are more in sync with today's culture, but Batman & Superman don't need to be in sync with today's culture, because they ALWAYS are. The title of the movie will sell tickets alone... Batman vs. Superman... I mean there's a chance that some people going to see Cap 3 won't even know Tony is in it (granted they would probably have to avoid looking at movie posters). Plus, people keep forgetting this, but Wonder Woman is in BvS. She's going to be a much bigger factor than people think. At the end of the day, here's my predictions...

Cap 3 - 800M

Cap 3 (w/Tony) - 1.1B

BvS - 1.3B

MatthewParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eyedcyou said:

I guess I'll give my 2 cents on the matter. IF the rumors become true about Tony being in Cap 3, that definitely gives it a large sales boost. Without Tony, Cap 3 had no chance of out-grossing BvS, but this could give them a chance. Iron Man is obviously the flagship of the MCU, and his franchise has made more than any of the others by far. Obviously, adding the most charismatic and well known actor from the Avengers into Cap's solo movie would make it that much more exciting. I sure hope Tony is in the movie, because I think Civil War would be cool to see on film. I still think BvS will be too much for Cap 3 to handle, but the race will definitely be closer now. People can say that Iron Man & Cap are more in sync with today's culture, but Batman & Superman don't need to be in sync with today's culture, because they ALWAYS are. The title of the movie will sell tickets alone... Batman vs. Superman... I mean there's a chance that some people going to see Cap 3 won't even know Tony is in it (granted they would probably have to avoid looking at movie posters). Plus, people keep forgetting this, but Wonder Woman is in BvS. She's going to be a much bigger factor than people think. At the end of the day, here's my predictions...

Cap 3 - 800M

Cap 3 (w/Tony) - 1.1B

BvS - 1.3B

So you think Cap 3, would be advertised as Cap 3, even if Iron Man has a equal part in the movie? Because i can't see a Captain America/Iron Man movie grossing less then Iron Man 3.

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matthewparker: I don't particularly care which one out gross each other as long as I enjoy it, as for the word I am not sure but I have seen it tons of times on the forums(that pic to).

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matthewparker: Well, if this is all true, and they are planning to go ahead with Civil War. I think the name of the movie will be - Captain America: Civil War. If they name it Captain America v. Iron Man, then I'm sure WB's legal department would be throwing a fit. Anyway, Iron Man 3 (IMO) grossed so much because it was riding the steam of The Avengers. Now I know that Cap 3 will be following Avengers 2, but I think Avengers 1 was more powerful since it was the first of its kind. I stand by my prediction though. 1.1B. It's tough to break that billion mark.

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

Can we stop with this stupid. DC vs Marvel. Its getting tired and cliche. Why can't we talk about that adding Tony Stark in, is completely half-assed. Marvel clearly only has half a plan, not an entire plan as people claim. Reminder: BATMAN is the POPULAR superhero globally (everything with his name on its sells.) Audiences aren't tired of him, alright.

69ball-z-deep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By 69ball-z-deep

@matthewparker: its funny cuz EyeDCyou called me out on my Marvel bias saying he already knew my opinion when we already knew his bias DC opinion would put BvS ahead no matter what. You definitly called him out with the IM3 reasoning. It was actully obvious but his DC blinders wont let him see it any other way. Cap 3 is gonna be Avengers 2.0. More than Tony will make a apperance.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@69ball-z-deep: I'm not bias to DC. I like them both. That is possible by the way.

69ball-z-deep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lyrafay: you straight trolled Marvel after saying "why cant we all just get along". LOL! I luv this site.

Homer_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

69ball-z-deep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By 69ball-z-deep

@eyedcyou: Ok eye...DC...you. lol!! closet troll.