Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Mr. Ubiquitous

crazy spidey says:

"yaaa well thats too bad... ummm thats wat your dad said...?"

Uhhhhhhhhh, dude, i'd quit the topic if i were you...get nasty with me, and i'll get cantakerous on you!!!!

crazy spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By crazy spidey

cantakerous big words eh, okay mr. philantroping aristocratic entrepeneur

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By the creator

Mr. Ubiquitous says:

"The_Creator says:
"My collection numbers over 35,000 in all. I collect around about 40 - 50 titles a month, being mostly Marvel and DC, but with about 5 indies. I have no idea what my most expensive comic is but I have large runs of early FF, Avengers, X-men etc and a few early Action Comics and Superman. My favourite comic runs were in the Avengers - excellent team interaction and characters. "
Whoa!!!!...that's a load of books my man, and a load of angst trying to store them properly. Your collecting habits do however tend to run in concert with my own. I'd guess 80% of my collection is Silver Age and Bronze Age...with the remaining 20% being Golden Age and Moderns (copper age ect)"

Huge problems with storage.

I have just had to move due to a new job and currently all of my collection is in storage - which I have had to pay a monthly outlay on for the huge insurance premium.

In my old house, the collection took up most of the wall space, in wall mounted wooden 'cubby holes'.

However the plan for the new house (when I get it) is to have invested in a set of metallic movable bookcases - movable in that they are on rollers and the whole structure is like a concertina affair - so a great space saver.

Mr. Ubiquitous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By Mr. Ubiquitous

The_Creator says:

"Mr. Ubiquitous says:
"The_Creator says:
"My collection numbers over 35,000 in all. I collect around about 40 - 50 titles a month, being mostly Marvel and DC, but with about 5 indies. I have no idea what my most expensive comic is but I have large runs of early FF, Avengers, X-men etc and a few early Action Comics and Superman. My favourite comic runs were in the Avengers - excellent team interaction and characters. "
Whoa!!!!...that's a load of books my man, and a load of angst trying to store them properly. Your collecting habits do however tend to run in concert with my own. I'd guess 80% of my collection is Silver Age and Bronze Age...with the remaining 20% being Golden Age and Moderns (copper age ect)"

Huge problems with storage.

I have just had to move due to a new job and currently all of my collection is in storage - which I have had to pay a monthly outlay on for the huge insurance premium.

In my old house, the collection took up most of the wall space, in wall mounted wooden 'cubby holes'.

However the plan for the new house (when I get it) is to have invested in a set of metallic movable bookcases - movable in that they are on rollers and the whole structure is like a concertina affair - so a great space saver.

"

'''

Yeah, i've seen those, same type set up they use at hospitals and law firms....excellent idea, but VERY expensive.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By the creator

Mr. Ubiquitous says:

"The_Creator says:
"Mr. Ubiquitous says:
"The_Creator says:
Huge problems with storage. I have just had to move due to a new job and currently all of my collection is in storage - which I have had to pay a monthly outlay on for the huge insurance premium. In my old house, the collection took up most of the wall space, in wall mounted wooden 'cubby holes'. However the plan for the new house (when I get it) is to have invested in a set of metallic movable bookcases - movable in that they are on rollers and the whole structure is like a concertina affair - so a great space saver. "
''' Yeah, i've seen those, same type set up they use at hospitals and law firms....excellent idea, but VERY expensive."

True, but it's worth the investment.