inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
No Caption Provided

If there's one thing both Arrow and Flash on CW have done well, it's build up their cast of characters, including heroes and villains from the DC Universe. It's gotten to the point where there's enough characters now to support their own show, at least that's what CW thinks, according to a Deadline report.

CW plans to have characters from both shows appear in their own spin-off show. Arrow creators Greg Berlanti, Andrew Kreisberg, and Marc Guggenheim are teaming up for this project for next season which will star Brandon Routh, Victor Garber, Wentworth Miller, and Caity Lotz.

The show in development is described as a super-hero team-up show. Routh will be playing Ray Palmer/The Atom. Garber will be playing Dr Martin Stein. Miller will be playing Leonard Snart/Captain Cold. Lotz's character, however, of Black Canary was killed off on Arrow, so at this point in time, there's no firm answer on whether she's reprising the role or playing someone new altogether. Bet your money on her playing Sara Lance though.

In addition, this new project will include three major DC comics character who have yet to appear on a television series, so start your guessing.

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

This will....interesting.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2  Edited By SaintWildcard

Finally, this news was out last night. You need to stop having a life, eating and sleeping so you can focus on posting geek news faster.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SaintWildcard

Superhero TV Show overload. This one seems highly unnecessary (and yet I'm still gonna watch it :/). I heard rumors that they had to scrap the Suicide Squad show concept because of the movie, so I'm guessing this was the best they could come up with.

I honestly don't know what I would have preferred them do instead of this. Maybe Atom? IDK, I didn't think that they'd use Arrow as a launching point for Flash but they managed to pull it off. I hope them the best

cmd735

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By cmd735

I hope it get it's own showrunners though. They're spreading themselfs thin with all these shows.

Tattacus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm interested. One of the three major characters has to be Supergirl.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

Superhero TV Show overload. This one seems highly unnecessary

Agreed. CW is biting off more than they can chew.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why is Captain Cold on a superhero team?

Mrfuzzynutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Blue Beetle,Vixen and Vibe would be my guess ( or wish lol)

bdelve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mine: Beppo the Super Monkey, Comet the Super-Horse and Proty II

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From what I understood the key words are "Any tv series". Blue Beetle and Vibe have appeared, and Vixen is getting her own cartoon. Although she could still be one of them, but the other two have already appeared.

RevivalMH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Too much CW for me to take. My interest is already starting to wane for the Flash and Arrow series. I'm really tired of all the teenage angst these shows seem to love.

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Eh...I'm not sure about this. I mean, I honestly see this as wasted potential. I'd much rather have a 3rd hero series :/

Gotham331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll give it a go

redmanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I'will watch it

Lurkero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Might wanna start pulling it back, CW. Let's not pollute a good thing we got goin' here.

jcass10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This has to be a look at all of their pasts right?

Sara is dead and Stein is currently inside Raymond.

Gotta be a better way to say that.

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 107

Interesting

GeeWhiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is an outstanding idea. I always thought that a show featuring different rotating heroes in the DC or Marvel Universe would be interesting. It could feature many of the characters that have never appeared (or has appeared too infrequently) in a TV or movie. If a particular character proved to be very popular, they could then get their own spin-off show.

the_comebacks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 51

These are some good guesses. I definitely think Vixen. I think it might also be the Question, Hal Jordan, or Captain Atom (less likely). There are actually that many "major" dc heroes that haven't been on screen in some level (Smallville put a lot of characters in live action).

Either way I'm pretty excited for this show. I'm excited about Caity Lotz potentially coming back, and I think the Atom and Captain Cold together could be fun.

Maddpanda531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, comic Captain Cold is currently a member of the Justice League, so it's not that far of a stretch.

Maddpanda531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd love it if they called the series "The Brave and the Bold"

batmite1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Justice society show!!!

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee said:

Well, comic Captain Cold is currently a member of the Justice League, so it's not that far of a stretch.

In the CW-verse he's (still) a villain.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Why is Captain Cold on the Justice League?

Haven71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Haven71

I personally wish they would stop playing and simply do a young justice. Lets see them take a crack at that.

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This show sounds very ambitious

mak13131313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I'd love it if they called the series "The Brave and the Bold"

Justice society show!!!

Either one of these would be awesome!

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By kidchipotle

@jwalser3 said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

Why is Captain Cold on the Justice League?

Yeah...........

sasquatch888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee said:

is he a member or just lex luthor's body guard?

goonage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@saint_wildcard said:

Superhero TV Show overload. This one seems highly unnecessary

Agreed. CW is biting off more than they can chew.

So much this. Arrow already took a massive hit when the writers had to split their focus between it and Flash. Between this new show, Arrow, Flash and two other shows that are confirmed to have people who worked on Arrow on them (Vixen, Supergirl), I'm worried that they are going for quantity over quality. This is probably the biggest reason why I don't want an Atom show.

The only way I'd see this show work is if it's a miniseries.

COBRAMORPH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By COBRAMORPH

Vixen, Harley, & probly Hawk-girl. Ice, Fire, any of those names Wells name dropped a while back in an episode. Cyborg, Aquaman, I assume anyone that was cleared for Smallville other than Clark's Superman could appear. Hell, we could get saturn Girl trapped in the present, or the Wonder twins.

Obviously it would NOT be supergirl, though it could be a Power-Girl, Matrix, Cir-El esque support character. I assume Kara, like Arrow & Flash, would be too busy starring in her own show.

Avatar image for the_mighty_monarch
The Mighty Monarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1450

User Lists: 4

@mrfuzzynutz said:

These are some good guesses. I definitely think Vixen. I think it might also be the Question, Hal Jordan, or Captain Atom (less likely). There are actually that many "major" dc heroes that haven't been on screen in some level (Smallville put a lot of characters in live action).

Either way I'm pretty excited for this show. I'm excited about Caity Lotz potentially coming back, and I think the Atom and Captain Cold together could be fun.

Except all of them have been in tv series' before.

Scistorm4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder if this means they're going to bring Sara back from the dead. Several mentions have been made about the unnaturally long lifespan of Ra's, so Lazarus Pits almost certainly have to exist in the CW-verse.

the_comebacks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 51

@the_comebacks said:

@mrfuzzynutz said:

Yeah but I'm interpreting that they mean haven't been in live action. Otherwise between Super friends, Young Justice, JLU, and Batman Brave and the Bold just about every major dc hero has been covered.

Avatar image for the_mighty_monarch
The Mighty Monarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1450

User Lists: 4

@the_mighty_monarch said:

@the_comebacks said:

@mrfuzzynutz said:

Yeah but I'm interpreting that they mean haven't been in live action. Otherwise between Super friends, Young Justice, JLU, and Batman Brave and the Bold just about every major dc hero has been covered.

If they're gonna make a statement like that they have to commit. It's clear they know the fanbases well or they wouldn't have been able to so carefully play with our expectations of Merlyn and Reverse-Flash so well; so if they don't specify "live action" but it turns out that's what they meant, there's going to be a bunch of people jumping on them for lying/misleading.

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am a bit worried about this...

I think Arrow has been lacking in quality becuase of The Flash... If they add another show, The Flash AND Arrow could plummet down...

Mr. Kamikaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CW needs to focus on getting Arrow back to what it used to be and Flash up to the level of Arrow, period, before trying to mash those universes further together. TV was DC's one place they could dominate over Marvel, but they're just biting off more than they can chew. They're going quantity over quality, meanwhile Marvel's humble two shows are top notch.

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By The_Kidd

I don't see why we need another show in this universe, they are struggling with two but best idea is probably the rotating cast to focus on characters that don't get featured often. I won't mind a Secret Origin format.

GalacticFork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jcass10 said:

This has to be a look at all of their pasts right?

Sara is dead and Stein is currently inside Raymond.

Gotta be a better way to say that.

No, there really isn't. But they can separate now... So if they can't get Raymond's actor, they'll just get somebody else to be the second for the matrix. I'm curious about Sara... Revived? That'd be awesome. But would she be another Canary? That'd be weird.

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee: Well maybe he turn good at some point, he is afterall currently apart of the JL.

DarthDanMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think I'd have preferred a Suicide Squad show.

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 559

I'll watch it, sounds interesting.

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool. I'm game for another show. And it'll be great to see Atom in his own element (hopefully) outside of Starling City.

Sara's potential inclusion is also interesting. I was sure she'd be returning from the dead at the end of the previous episode.

GalacticFork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By GalacticFork

@supbatz: Maybe Sara faked her death for umm reasons. At least that'd make more sense than a drugged up Thea being able to get the drop on her and kill her. (Spoilered it just in case.) :)

Anjon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly, a lot of the problems with Arrow's current writing quality comes from this really dumb and unnecessarily complex "Death of Sara Lance" storyline, so if they just turn around and revive her from the dead after all of the BS her death as caused, I'd be pretty annoyed.

theMightyMODOK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

Why is there only half of Firestorm?

powerflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Synack1138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Nice. Not sure how this is gonna work but I'm interested.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#49  Edited By The Impersonator

Firestorm spin-off. Because it's a team-up show. You don't need Atom and other heroes to join regularly.

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supbatz: Maybe Sara faked her death for umm reasons. At least that'd make more sense than a drugged up Thea being able to get the drop on her and kill her. (Spoilered it just in case.) :)

To be fair, you gotta assume she was caught pretty off guard.

I don't think she faked her death, but perhaps Ra's revived her with the Lazarus Pit, unbeknownst to anybody else? That's the only reason I could think she might be alive. And the Arrow producers/actors have kept promising the Lazarus Pit exists, so they'll likely find a reason to use it soon. So why not with Sara?