Five things you might not know about the Justice Society.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Edited By waezi2  Online

Wildcat wanted to become a doctor.

No Caption Provided

Ted Grant was encouraged by his father do do sports since he was a little kid to build character, hoping it would make him unafraid of the world. Ted hoped that he could get a scholarship with his athletic talents so he could study medicine and become a doctor. But after his parents died, Ted had to quit school and then tried to get a job which was not easy during the Great Depression. He became a professional boxer after he saved the life of the champion Socker Smith who became his mentor... who Ted unfortunately killed in the ring during the championship fight.

Mister Terrific 2 became a hero because of Spectre.

No Caption Provided

Michael Holt did not commit suicide after his wife's violent death because of the Spectre. As he was about to jump, the Spectre stopped him due to two reasons: A) murder is a sin, even suicide, and B) he was reminded of his old friend Terry Sloane who wanted to end his life despite having so many talents to share with the world, just like Michael. After hearing the story about the original Mister Terrific, Michael decided to not kill himself and make the world a better place with his intellect and gold-medal worthy athletic skills.

Hourman is partly to blame for the existence of the drug Venom.

No Caption Provided

Rex Tyler became a hero after inventing the drug Miraclo that gave him superpowers for about an hour(hence the name Hourman). He decided to keep the drug for himself, but some of his notes on how to make Miraclo got stolen. It was impossible to make a perfect replica of the drugs with only some of the notes, but it was possible to make a new steroid (not AS effective though) called Venom, the infamous drug that gives Bane his immense strength.

Jay Garrick has a "Zoom."

No Caption Provided

Dr. Edward Clariss was a professor at Jay Garrick's university. He wanted to recreated the formula that gave the Golden Age Flash his superpowers and succeeded by creating a drug he called "Velocity 9." None of his scientific colleagues took him serious though, so Dr. Clariss decided to become the speedster criminal Rival, wearing a "darker" version of Flash's outfit(instead of, you know... SELLING his invention and becoming a millionaire). But since he got his speed from a drug unlike Jay who actually HAD powers, Dr. Clariss could only use his speed in a limited time period, which was the reason to his defeat when he first fought the classic Flash.

The JSA "Teen Titans."

No Caption Provided

Infinity Inc is to the JSA what the Teen Titans are to the Justice League.

Silver Scarab, Fury, Northwind, Jade, Obsidian and Nuklon were young superhumans who somehow had a connection to the JSA(like being a relative of one of the JSA members) and wanted to join the team. They were told that they could not join since they were "too young and inexperienced." The Star-Spangled Kid who was the youngest member of the JSA thought it was unfair that the young heroes did not get membership and left the JSA so he could make his own group and invite the young heroes to join.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Riddlersriddle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 74

I only actually knew the last two. The second one is really interesting, I don't know much about Mr. Terrific other than the basics and it's cool that Spectre had something to do with his origin.

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

murder is a sin, even suicide

Technically, suicide is considered worse than the murder.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 waezi2  Online

I only actually knew the last two. The second one is really interesting, I don't know much about Mr. Terrific other than the basics and it's cool that Spectre had something to do with his origin.

No Caption Provided

Mister Terrific was once my favorite hero(the Golden Age one). He was basically so talented and rich at such a young age that he became depressed, feeling he had no reason to live since he had no goals left. But as he was about to kill himself, he saw a woman who was about to do the same thing, so he saved her life. She told him that SHE had no reason to live because of gangsters who had ruined her life, so he became Mister Terrific to help her and then to fight for justice and fair play(his life philosophy).

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 waezi2  Online

murder is a sin, even suicide

Technically, suicide is considered worse than the murder.

Just saying what Spectre was saying to Michael.

Referee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Wow, I'm impressed. I didn't know any of this!

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only knew the Wildcat one. Looking at the Jay Garrick entry, I think the CW Flash actually did a decent job reworking that.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 waezi2  Online

Only knew the Wildcat one. Looking at the Jay Garrick entry, I think the CW Flash actually did a decent job reworking that.

Still impressive you knew about Ted's original ambitions.

Rival's origin is kinda "eh" in the comics.

@referee said:

Wow, I'm impressed. I didn't know any of this!

Shit, really? :)

Avatar image for life_without_progress
Life_Without_Progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Rival's more of a "Reverse Flash" than a "Zoom" if you want to get technical.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 waezi2  Online

Rival's more of a "Reverse Flash" than a "Zoom" if you want to get technical.

Zoom was shorter to write

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 19

1. didn't know that
  2. didn't know that
  3. knew that
  4. knew that
  5. i had heard of that team, but i didn't know that was what it was
waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By waezi2  Online

@amazing_webhead: To be fair, there is also an element of Heroes for Hire since Star-Spangled Kid made the city Los Angeles fund the team in exchange for protection(which is why the team has Inc. in it's name).

Riddlersriddle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waezi2: That's actually a really great origin, I'll have to try and read more of his stuff.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 94

Knew 3 out of 5. Keep em coming man

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By waezi2  Online

@riddlersriddle: He is a Golden Age hero, so the stuff he was in is pretty old now, like Sensation Comics where plenty of the JSA members had adventures, like Wildcat.

But I will recommend (besides Spectre issue 54 that I talked about here) one specific story from the 90s called National Comics #1 about a WW2 adventure with Mr Terrific and Jay Garrick.

No Caption Provided

The story is told by the speedster who observes his friend being amazing, but also that his greatest weakness is that he expects too much of others since he has unrealistic standards due to all the amazing things HE can do. So when he learns that the US is doing something rather... let's say shady... it almost breaks him and he even tears of the "fair play" plate from his costume. A big deal since fair play is what Terry is all about.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f5be9e305ddd
deactivated-5f5be9e305ddd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

u learn something new everday

though i already knew

great job

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would love to read more of/about the JSA's Teen Titans.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 waezi2  Online

I would love to read more of/about the JSA's Teen Titans.

The original members were:

Star-spangled Kid(Later Skyman), youngest JSA member and first kid superhero to have an adult sidekick.

Fury, daughter of the Golden Age Wonder woman and Steve Trevor.

Silver Scarab(later Doctor Fate), son of Hawman and Hawkwoman who made a iron suit out of ninth metal.

Brainwave Junior, son of an old JSA foe who has telepathic powers.

Nucleon(later Atom Smasher), godson of Atom and the grandson of a radioactive supervillain which is why he got the superpower to grow.

Northwind, half-human bird creature and godson of Hawkman.

Obsidian and Jade, twins and children of Green Lantern who has inherited their father's powers

Riddlersriddle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Riddlersriddle

@waezi2: Thanks for the recommendation!

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers