Posted by waezi2 (24892 posts) - - Show Bio

Spoiler.

No Caption Provided

Daughter of the super-villain Cluemaster(who BTW was kinda lame to make it worse), Stephanie Brown took on the identity of the Spoiler to throw a monkey wrench into her scumbag dad's works. Not as well-trained as most of the members of the Bat-fam and not as mature or ethical either, Spoiler is somewhat of a black sheep in Gotham's crime-fighting environment. She didn't enter the fight against crime for the usual reason that is dead parents, she put on the costume to spit her father. Also, she is occasionally a walking disaster.

Batgirl(Cassandra Cain).

No Caption Provided

Daughter of David Cain, possibly the most effective assassin the world has ever seen, Cassandra was raised with no language in order to be the perfect killing machine. After killing for the first time as a child, she realized what a terrible thing killing was due to her unique talent for reading body language and she promised herself never to kill again. An unstoppable hand-to-hand fighting machine, Batgirl fights to save as many lives as she can, which is getting harder since Lady Shiva, the deadliest woman alive, takes a great interest in her.

Union Jack.

No Caption Provided

No offence to Captain Britain, but Union Jack is to England what Cap America is to the US. A working-class man who puts on a patriotic costume, usually to kill vampires with nothing but daggers and two pistols, but he also takes on the good fight in general and is the champion of the common man who aren't to fancy to earn their pay through good old fashion sweat.

Icon.

No Caption Provided

An alien who took the shape of the first human it saw, a black slave who found him in 1839, Augustus Freeman has lived on Earth for 160 years, trying to figure out how to come home. He has powers far superior to us meek humans, powers that Raquel Irvin, a young lady who tried to rob his house, witnesses first hand, and she convinces him to become the superhero Icon and to make her his sidekick Rocket.

Elongated Man.

No Caption Provided

Wanting to become the world's greatest contortionist, Ralph Dipny invented a serum that not only made his body bendable, it made him into a rubber-human. So Ralph instead became a superhero. Sure, he had powers, but he became a true hero due to his talent as a detective, famous for claiming that his nose twitches when something's amiss.

#1 Posted by waezi2 (24892 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for indomitableregal
#2 Posted by IndomitableRegal (16255 posts) - - Show Bio

Elongated Man wouldn't work since CW Flash already has a version of him. I hate Spoiler, so there's that. As much as I love Cassie, it might be hard to make a film for her without leaning heavily on Bat lore and using Bat family members in some form or fashion. Icon and Union Jack could both work really well.

#3 Posted by phisigmatau (1997 posts) - - Show Bio

i think Spoiler would win by miles.... a distant vry distant 2nd would be Cain.

Icon sounds cool in theory but every black man would ask.. why didnt he just use his powers to free all the slaves

#4 Posted by waezi2 (24892 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by phisigmatau (1997 posts) - - Show Bio

@waezi2 said:

@phisigmatau: two words: Black Panther.

except Icon was actually amongst slaves in North America?
I'm black, that woulda been a bigger slap in the face than BP, btw Im no fan of BP.

#6 Edited by Stahlflamme (5821 posts) - - Show Bio

@phisigmatau: Well, we also had blue marvel who stopped being a superhero, because the president essentially told him that racist could get upset if he continued. I guess it's the problem if you essentially make an all powerful hero in a more historic context, why did that character not prevent historic injustice and with african american heroes the first to come to mind are particularly prpblematic because of how much they still link to modern day society.

#7 Posted by waezi2 (24892 posts) - - Show Bio

@waezi2 said:

@phisigmatau: two words: Black Panther.

except Icon was actually amongst slaves in North America?

I'm black, that woulda been a bigger slap in the face than BP, btw Im no fan of BP.

I think that was sort of the point. When Raquel(his sidekick) discovered his powers, she called out on him not trying to do something for the ancestors of the black slave woman who treated him like a son.

Freeman apparently wanted to keep a low profile since he only wanted to leave the planet and waited for Earth technology to be advance enough to repairing his ship so he could get the heck of the planet. But he DID use his powers in secrecy to influence such things as the Underground Railroad.

The Icon series focused on Freeman having his conservative Republican ideals(Lincoln was Republican, so Freeman has been one for over a hundred years) challenged by Raquel who lives in a extremely poor ghetto area and is a "little" more aware of the real world than Freeman who is a rich lawyer. I think it is worth noting that Icon and Rocket mainly fights street crimes and corrupt and/or racist cops and politicians.

#8 Posted by waezi2 (24892 posts) - - Show Bio

@phisigmatau: PS, here is an example of Icon believing that people who are poor just haven't tried "hard enough" to get better lives and Raquel calling bullshit on him.

No Caption Provided

#9 Posted by jb681131 (3126 posts) - - Show Bio

@waezi2:

• Manhunter
  • Plastic Man
  • Azrael
  • Martian Manhunter
  • Abin Sur
  • The Forever People
  • Zatanna
  • Static

They all should have their full length feature.

#10 Posted by phisigmatau (1997 posts) - - Show Bio

@waezi2:

@phisigmatau: Well, we also had blue marvel who stopped being a superhero, because the president essentially told him that racist could get upset if he continued. I guess it's the problem if you essentially make an all powerful hero in a more historic context, why did that character not prevent historic injustice and with african american heroes the first to come to mind are particularly prpblematic because of how much they still link to modern day society.

Yes and the greater issue is that there were plenty of ppl who didn't have super powers that actually stood up against oppression. We couldnt call an all powerful being like Icon a hero who did nothing in the public square to make a difference. That would be the HEIGHT of hypocrisy.
He couldn't work as a hero for me. A hero is supposed to be a model for fighting injustice. His cowardice would have been insulting. No way would I be least interested in watching a movie bout him..

#11 Posted by waezi2 (24892 posts) - - Show Bio

@phisigmatau: BTW, checked his history and I found out that he was fifteen when the slavery ended, before he had discovered the extend of his powers that he used when he joined the Union during the American civil war where he learned that he could survive a cannonball in the stomach and was strong enough to lift a cannon.

#12 Posted by waezi2 (24892 posts) - - Show Bio

Elongated Man wouldn't work since CW Flash already has a version of him.

Boo

#13 Edited by phisigmatau (1997 posts) - - Show Bio

@waezi2:
that definetly puts him in a better light.. thanks!

#14 Posted by Cloudguy (2355 posts) - - Show Bio

Is it bad that as someone who's lived in the U.K. their entire life. knows literally nothing about Union Jack?

#15 Posted by waezi2 (24892 posts) - - Show Bio

@cloudguy: yes.

Go buy "Union Jack: London Falling" right now.

#16 Posted by Kairan1979 (27093 posts) - - Show Bio

As much as I like Cassandra Cain, making a movie about her (or Spoiler) will end up as another Bat-centric movie.

As for Union Jack , I guess you mean Joseph Chapman and not one of the Falsworths? It can work if you concentrate on him fighting vampires (and don't make it 'British First Avenger').

Elongated Man? I've seen CW version of him and I wasn't impressed.

#17 Posted by waezi2 (24892 posts) - - Show Bio

As much as I like Cassandra Cain, making a movie about her (or Spoiler) will end up as another Bat-centric movie.

Catwoman worked without Batman... even if it was a not-so-good movie. But that wasn't because of the lack of Batman.

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
#18 Edited by MarvelandDCfan24 (7556 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman Beyond

#19 Edited by waezi2 (24892 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman Beyond

Not sure I would call Batman Beyond obscure as such, but it would make a good movie, and probably make a ton of money.

#20 Posted by Emperorb777 (11292 posts) - - Show Bio

Now that I think about it Static Shock would make a good live action.

#21 Posted by waezi2 (24892 posts) - - Show Bio

Now that I think about it Static Shock would make a good live action.

Milestone characters deserves more respect.

#22 Posted by Helloman (30115 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow.

#23 Posted by MICKEY-MOUSE (36853 posts) - - Show Bio

@phisigmatau: Indifference.

Elongated man can’t work. Now I know people are going to say I’m a hypocrite, but MR. Fantastic can work because the MCU is humor based. Elongated man is supposed to be a serious detective and if the DC movies want a funny stretch guy then Plastic Man is clearly a better choice.

#24 Edited by JamesWayne (981 posts) - - Show Bio

Don’t think any of these could support their own movie really. Not cause they’re bad characters but because I feel we’ve seen them elsewhere or the whole street level fighter thing has been done to death. I’d think Zatanna or Constantine would work great and give dc a supernatural counter to strange

that said I think spoiler and Cain have movie worthy origins, just not original stories

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
#25 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (16630 posts) - - Show Bio

Martian Manhunter & Question

#26 Posted by foxerdes (10260 posts) - - Show Bio

Not sure about the rest, but I'd watch Spoiler.

#27 Posted by Supermanthor (20366 posts) - - Show Bio

Anything mcu touches