First Star-Lord then Tim Drake and now Superman's son is bisexual too.

• 51 results
Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll First Star-Lord then Tim Drake and now Superman's son is bisexual too. (62 votes)

Cool 52%
Uncool 48%

It's true, Google it.

• 
Yassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Meh this one isn't the same as the other two.

McFlicky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dope

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Referee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

J_Normal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doesn’t matter. Whats it got to do with their character?

KillianDuclark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So...does that mean Donna Troy or Cassie Lang will be getting a sexual reawakening in order to round out the next gen trinity being comprised of Bi's?

Quinlan58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So...does that mean Donna Troy or Cassie Lang will be getting a sexual reawakening in order to round out the next gen trinity being comprised of Bi's?

Nah, neither of them are next gen trinity anymore (and neither is Tim, for that matter). Yara Flor is, who IIRC is already bisexual (with a male love interest right now).

SuperDarth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@j_normal said:

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@j_normal said:

thank you!!!

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

if someone's sexuality bothers you that much I suggest you speak with a therapist

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By cattlebattle
@emmafrostxmen said:

if someone's sexuality bothers you that much I suggest you speak with a therapist

LOL. Tom Taylor said he made him bi sexual because he didn't want another straight guy. Taylor was literally bothered by sexuality. LOL.

#Clownopinionsinclownworld.

AreneaCaulem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 AreneaCaulem  Online

Forgot about Loki.

McFlicky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@areneacaulem: Loki has literally always been bisexual, even going back the prose edda

AreneaCaulem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 AreneaCaulem  Online

@mcflicky said:

@areneacaulem: Loki has literally always been bisexual, even going back the prose edda

Referring to MCU.

SamJackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcflicky said:

Referring to MCU.

That’s how he is in the comics and Norse mythology as well. Loki doesn’t even care if you’re a humanoid to be honest. MCU is just following the source material.

AnderIoan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emmafrostxmen said:

LOL. Tom Taylor said he made him bi sexual because he didn't want another straight guy. Taylor was literally bothered by sexuality. LOL.

nevesytneves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By nevesytneves

Supes' son doesn't exactly have a long, pre-existing history of heterosexuality or specific romantic interests like his father, Batman and the likes, so there's not even the usual defence present to justify outrage. People complaining about this are frankly mask off homophobes by this point.

@cattlebattle: @anderioan:

The writer's reasons for altering the character's sexuality have nothing to do with whether it's an inherently good, bad or neutral decision. Not that I see how having a non-straight character because literally every other character is straight is being "bothered by sexuality" so much as it is just wanting additional representation for a small group of the population.

Now, while there's been bad execution in several cases where a character has had their sexuality changed or revealed, that doesn't make it an intrinsically bad choice. If anything it opens up the doors to new storylines and character dynamics. It's certainly not something that is worthy of the complete meltdowns seen from the supposedly "non-snowflake" right.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 death4bunnies  Online

>Why can’t you just make a character who hasnt been already established as strait, gay?

>No not like that.

Lol

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel its very disrespectful to the character and the community if they just become bi out of the blue with no hint that they are bi. Making an established character a part of the LGBT community out of the blue makes it seems so that the writers can't give an original character which represents the community, so they ruin the established characters traits. Its very jarring to me

but if some people are fine with it then we have to put up with it

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By death4bunnies  Online
@darkthunder said:

I feel its very disrespectful to the character and the community if they just become bi out of the blue with no hint that they are bi. Making an established character a part of the LGBT community out of the blue makes it seems so that the writers can't give an original character which represents the community, so they ruin the established characters traits. Its very jarring to me

I thought it was better because Jon isn’t a firmly established character… isn’t that better? And how exactly should they hint that they are bi?

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkthunder said:

I thought it was better because Jon isn’t a firmly established character… isn’t that better? And how exactly should they hint that they are bi?

I'm not exclusively referring to Jon

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 death4bunnies  Online

@death4bunnies said:
@darkthunder said:

I'm not exclusively referring to Jon

Oh fair enough.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle said:
@emmafrostxmen said:

he admitted he did it because of the oversaturation of straight people in the media...that is a perfectly fine reason to have a character showcase another side of themself.

Kjp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool

diydeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If it happens after an arc of self discovery; okay. If it's always been a thing; okay. If it's done just cuz and immediately...dunno that's weird.

I don't know the context of this situation but if it's like that time Marvel turned Iceman gay...then yeah; that's not cool. If it's a kid figuring out he likes dudes; fine...I really don't care either way since it has almost no relevance on their bearing as Superboy.

diydeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anderioan said:
@cattlebattle said:
@emmafrostxmen said:

he admitted he did it because of the oversaturation of straight people in the media...that is a perfectly fine reason to have a character showcase another side of themself.

If that's true then I don't respect his reasoning and think this is a bogus, edgelord ploy on his part. Don't change characters based on trying to kick trends. Change them because it's a convincing character arc that furthers their development.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@diydeath said:
@emmafrostxmen said:
@anderioan said:
@cattlebattle said:
@emmafrostxmen said:

If that's true then I don't respect his reasoning and think this is a bogus, edgelord ploy on his part. Don't change characters based on trying to kick trends. Change them because it's a convincing character arc that furthers their development.

that is the age when people figure themselves out, it makes sense

diydeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@diydeath said:
@emmafrostxmen said:
@anderioan said:
@cattlebattle said:
@emmafrostxmen said:

that is the age when people figure themselves out, it makes sense

That's not my issue; if he has an arc where he figures out he likes guys; okay. As long as the story isn't awful I can get behind that. My issue is specifically with the reasoning behind it; it's the same dumb, crap logic that edgelords use - assuming the author admitted to the reasoning as per the quote.

acxr1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anderioan said:
@cattlebattle said:
@emmafrostxmen said:

How can it be oversaturation when the overwhelming majority of the world itself is straight?

iknowwhoyouare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stan Lee said it best one time. I'm probably paraphrasing here but he said something alone the lines of making new characters with these new identities rather than change the identities of current characters

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iknowwhoyouare: you’d be right except not in this case. He is at the age most adolescents figure out their sexuality and start to come out. it actually makes sense and isn’t as change, it is a new aspect of his character added on. he was never stated to be only 100% straight so then adding isn’t “changing”, especially when it matches up to the real world age most come out.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@acxr1: the LGBTQ+ audience is huge and doesn’t have a realistic number of good representatives for their community. it helps normalize it to society as well. there are about 10 characters in comics i believe are positive representations of LGBTQ+ members and there are thousands of straight characters. that is a 100-1 ratio which is unrealistic to the real world statistics of the non straight people that exist.

additionally they didn’t change his character, they developed it further because he is at an age where coming out is common. if they had made clark kent bi then i myself would have had an issue as well.

yoroshi0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 yoroshi0  Online

comics are temporary, manga is eternal.

@acxr1: the LGBTQ+ audience is huge and doesn’t have a realistic number of good representatives for their community. it helps normalize it to society as well. there are about 10 characters in comics i believe are positive representations of LGBTQ+ members and there are thousands of straight characters. that is a 100-1 ratio which is unrealistic to the real world statistics of the non straight people that exist.

additionally they didn’t change his character, they developed it further because he is at an age where coming out is common. if they had made clark kent bi then i myself would have had an issue as well.

tbh, DC is an american comics company so it's not like they have to tone down their queer themes because of

No Caption Provided

it's probably just the people being used to marvel and dc toning down the queer stuff in the movies so they expect the same stuff in the comics.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the_magister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

acxr1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emmafrostxmen: Except that has nothing to do with what you (and he) said.

"he admitted he did it because of the oversaturation of straight people in the media..."

That's not bisexual people being underrepresented, that's claiming straight people are overrepresented. For all I know you're misquoting him, but the structure of that sentence comes across like it's an attack on straight people.

And for the actual statistics, the entire LGBTQ community only makes up about 5% of the United States population, and that's as a collective; despite what the news networks say, the United States is a lot more accepting of non-heterosexuals than most other countries, so that 5% is going to decrease if you include the rest of the world into that statistic. Therefore, if 95% of the world is straight and 95% of the media is represented by straight people, that's not an oversaturation, that's equal representation.

As it relates to comics and comic movies, it's nothing more than lazy writing and token gestures for woke points, which is actually extremely offensive and insulting to the demographic they're trying to cater to.

Avatar image for supermanwin1875
SUPERMANWIN1875

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By SUPERMANWIN1875

uncool

very not cool

opposite of cool

Spider-Simp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just hope they actually do something with this rather than what it appears to be to me. A desperate attempt to get attention (which it has done well tbf, GMB talked about it for... some reason.).

Other than that, idrc.

Kingyang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

2 bi characters out of thousands, the horror.

Antebellum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#43  Edited By Antebellum

Superheroes rarely ever engage on relationships, so the homophobics don't have nothing to worry about to feel ''eewgh'' on the pages.

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Do you think it would be taken wrongly if DC or Marvel was to announce a character as heterosexual? If they’re sexual orientation isn’t important why the announcements?

As for this, I have zero issues with new and relatively new characters being part of the LGBTQ community. In fact I support it because it makes much more sense to introduce a new character as gay, bi or trans than the retcon 20 to 60 years of history so you can add another check mark to the diversity list.

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Starlord?

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By EmmaFrostXmen

@acxr1: lgbtq makes up 5% of the population and they make up 0.0002% of actual clear portrayals of characters on screen. additionally there’s thousands of closeted people throughout the united states that are bi or gay but won’t admit it due to tough family lives. representation in the media would aid those people that are struggling and help them and their parents be a little more okay with people being different.

i don’t hate straight people. all of my friends are straight, i do however not have a character i personally resonate with fully on screen which is unfortunate.

acxr1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@acxr1: lgbtq makes up 5% of the population and they make up 0.0002% of actual clear portrayals of characters on screen. additionally there’s thousands of closeted people throughout the united states that are bi or gay but won’t admit it due to tough family lives. representation in the media would aid those people that are struggling and help them and their parents be a little more okay with people being different.

i don’t hate straight people. all of my friends are straight, i do however not have a character i personally resonate with fully on screen which is unfortunate.

So if you agree that lgbtq make up 5% of the population, then you agree that 95% of the media should portray straight people and that it's not an "oversaturation"; both you and the comic writer were wrong in that assessment.

Furthermore, since you clearly pulled that "0.0002%" number out of thin air, GLAAD literally said that: "Of the 110 films GLAAD counted from the major studios in 2018, 20 (18.2percent) contained characters identified as LGBTQ." If anyone is being oversaturated in films it's LGBTQ characters, especially since that number has easily gone up in the last three years.

LGBTQ characters being shoved down everyone's throats like the studios have been doing will likely achieve the opposite effect: people are ultimately going to be closed minded and annoyed with the LGBTQ community all because studios show no respect for canon material and/or the LGBTQ characters are terribly written because instead of being well written characters who happen to be LGBTQ, they're just LGBTQ characters, and that's not fair to the LGBTQ community.

Personally I've never needed a character to share traits with me in order for me to resonate with them.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@acxr1: you are wrong, and sound offended by a minority group being represented. your study is also just plain wrong. maybe in recent movies that statistic is true, but that doesn’t account for the millions of other media projects in the past that didn’t have a single lgbtq+ character.

i also don’t care what you need to connect with a character. i’m literally in a film studies course, one of the biggest reasons movies need is a diverse cast is to allow audiences to see themselves in characters.

i don’t like forced representation either, but when it comes natural nobody should have a problem. this is one of those cases of a character growing up and finding out his sexuality at a realistic age.

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

uncool

very not cool

opposite of cool

Why I see you being homophobic in like 5 different threads now ?, Do the gays really bother you that much?.

Avatar image for supermanwin1875
SUPERMANWIN1875

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers