No Caption Provided

i'm getting austin powers vibe from these

#2 Posted by TonyMartial (3236 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

#3 Posted by Yassassin (6935 posts) - - Show Bio

"We want the Stanger Thing/Thor Ragnorok audience"

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
#4 Posted by buttersdaman000 (21372 posts) - - Show Bio

Her being active in the 80's makes no sense.

#5 Posted by RBT (22508 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm so glad Steve is back. Here's hoping for another great movie.

#6 Edited by mrmonster (9583 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly, I wish Steve Trevor wasn't back. His sacrifice was the best scene in Wonder Woman, I don't want Wonder Woman 2 to take away from that.

But overall, I'm super pumped fort this movie, definitely one of my most anticipated movies of 2019.

#7 Posted by Amcu (9916 posts) - - Show Bio

Interested.

#8 Posted by GeorgeWBush (9716 posts) - - Show Bio

Love the image of her in the TV monitors

#9 Posted by Heatforce (4215 posts) - - Show Bio

@buttersdaman000: I tend to agree given what we know from BvS and JL. Perhaps she goes on a mission and has her memories erased? The one thing I like is making the enemy communists. Leave the Germans alone for once lol.

#10 Posted by awshucks (531 posts) - - Show Bio

Noooooo! Steve's sacrifice was so good!

#11 Posted by buttersdaman000 (21372 posts) - - Show Bio

@buttersdaman000: I tend to agree given what we know from BvS and JL. Perhaps she goes on a mission and has her memories erased? The one thing I like is making the enemy communists. Leave the Germans alone for once lol.

I just meant if she was active during this time, then how the hell did the Holocaust happen?? The only way for Jenkins to explain her evident absence in WW2 is to basically do what Snyder already did. Either that, or Wonder Woman is incompetent af

#12 Posted by LEGACY6364 (6908 posts) - - Show Bio

Wasn't Steve in his 30's in 1917. Also, what point is there to make a movie set in the 80's when it was made explicitly clear in Justice League that Wonder Women hasn't been active since the death of Steve Trevor? None of this S*** makes sense.

What happened to the old days when a female protagonist was loved for their character, and not for simply being female.

I'd watch Terminator 2 Sarah Connor any day over this 80's nostalgia and pro feminism b*******.

#13 Posted by buttersdaman000 (21372 posts) - - Show Bio

Wasn't Steve in his 30's in 1917. Also, what point is there to make a movie set in the 80's when it was made explicitly clear in Justice League that Wonder Women hasn't been active since the death of Steve Trevor? None of this S*** makes sense.

They retconned the end of BvS and Wonder Woman. Funnily enough, Snyders script made more sense because now we have a Wonder Woman who must've chose not to interfere in WW2 even though she was active. Hell, what about the Rwandan genocide where close to 1 million men, woman and children were slaughtered over 100 days?? I know the world stood by and watched, but why would an active super hero with powers like Wonder Woman let that happen??

#14 Posted by phillip33 (2705 posts) - - Show Bio

Why is Steve back? That completely ruins the emotional moment at the end of the film which I though was quite good. Will definitely still see this though.

#15 Edited by LDM (5023 posts) - - Show Bio

Great, DCEU is pulling a FOX X-Men on us now

#16 Edited by Heatforce (4215 posts) - - Show Bio

@buttersdaman000: I get what you're saying. If Jenkins plays it smart the adventure will probably involve Minerva seeking out Diana, who is (probably) already a well known antiques dealer, for something related to the Amazons or old gods. Then as the adventure progresses the commies get involved and there we have our adventure. I hope they don't retcon because there is enough room to play with the story and still not retcon her absence from the global stage for the past century.

#17 Edited by LEGACY6364 (6908 posts) - - Show Bio

@buttersdaman000 said:
@legacy6364 said:

They retconned the end of BvS and Wonder Woman. Funnily enough, Snyders script made more sense because now we have a Wonder Woman who must've chose not to interfere in WW2 even though she was active. Hell, what about the Rwandan genocide where close to 1 million men, woman and children were slaughtered over 100 days?? I know the world stood by and watched, but why would an active super hero with powers like Wonder Woman let that happen??

100% Agreed.

#18 Posted by MICKEY-MOUSE (35700 posts) - - Show Bio

Y won’t the DCEU save surprises for their movie? SMH... They still haven’t learned from Doomsday...

#19 Posted by MICKEY-MOUSE (35700 posts) - - Show Bio

@yassassin: Didn’t they decide on 80s way before Ragnork came out?

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
#20 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (16223 posts) - - Show Bio

Lets get that retrowave going

Loading Video...

#21 Posted by the_stegman (39560 posts) - - Show Bio

@mickey-mouse: Let's be honest, a huge part of why WW was good is because of Trevor. It's smart to put him in the promotion.

We don't want another Superman JL debacle.

#22 Posted by Malzahaar (1001 posts) - - Show Bio

@mickey-mouse: I'm sure Ragnorak was in production way before this movie.

#23 Posted by Heatforce (4215 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman: I just hope they don't bring Steve back. That would cheapen a great death scene. What would be cool IMO is if Trevor had an illegitimate child (he was a single soldier for awhle after all) who ended up being the grandfather of Hal Jordan or something. Never seen a GL WW ship before. Could be cool.

#24 Posted by the_stegman (39560 posts) - - Show Bio

@mickey-mouse: I'm sure Ragnorak was in production way before this movie.

I think there's more to choosing this year than aping off of Thor and Stranger Things

Loading Video...

#25 Posted by darkonast (585 posts) - - Show Bio

What happened to the old days when a female protagonist was loved for their character, and not for simply being female.

I'd watch Terminator 2 Sarah Connor any day over this 80's nostalgia and pro feminism b*******.

this sounds a lil sexist , lmao might want to delete this comment

#26 Posted by the_stegman (39560 posts) - - Show Bio

@heatforce: I actually disagree. That scene was still emotional, and he still died a hero. Bringing him back won't take away from it Imo.

I'm guessing Hades resurrects him as a way to use him against Diana.

#27 Posted by rogueshadow (27234 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh, we'll see but this could jump the shark for DCEU Wonder Woman.

I was kind of hoping this would be in WWII and would be set-up like an Indiana Jones film where see how she got her sword or something. "Diana Prince & The Sword of Athena"

On that note, Chris Pine would be a good Indiana Jones for the inevitable Indiana Jones reboot. I'd rather a reboot than the film they're making with a 117 year old Indiana Jones.

#28 Posted by MICKEY-MOUSE (35700 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman: That’s not the same thing and everyone knew Supes was gonna appear in JL, that’s hardly why the movie flopped. And Chris Pine is famous, but he’s not a big box office draw(looks at filmography outside of WW). Not like fans of WW 1 were gonna be like no Trevor? Man screw this movie...

This would have been a major jolt to the movie had it been kept secret.

#29 Posted by JediXMan (41508 posts) - - Show Bio

"We want the Stanger Thing/Thor Ragnorok audience"

Yup.

#30 Edited by LEGACY6364 (6908 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkonast said:
@legacy6364 said:

this sounds a lil sexist , lmao might want to delete this comment

No Caption Provided

#31 Edited by FangDaNerd (1286 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool

#32 Posted by the_stegman (39560 posts) - - Show Bio

@mickey-mouse: People didn't know Steve was coming, but he's still a big draw. And he was one of the best parts of the movie. Having him back will definitely help elevate it. Plus, having Pine on the press tour will help since he's hella charismatic.

#33 Posted by buttersdaman000 (21372 posts) - - Show Bio

@buttersdaman000: I get what you're saying. If Jenkins plays it smart the adventure will probably involve Minerva seeking out Diana, who is (probably) already a well known antiques dealer, for something related to the Amazons or old gods. Then as the adventure progresses the commies get involved and there we have our adventure. I hope they don't retcon because there is enough room to play with the story and still not retcon her absence from the global stage for the past century.

Still has Diana twirling her thumbs during the Holocaust though....and the fact that the movie is set in the 80's is already a Retcon.

#34 Posted by Beyonder97 (830 posts) - - Show Bio

Viners judging a movie based on images

No Caption Provided

#35 Edited by JuJuCrunk (437 posts) - - Show Bio

@mickey-mouse said:

Y won’t the DCEU save surprises for their movie? SMH... They still haven’t learned from Doomsday...

THIS. What a ------- waste!!! lol at DC. They have know idea what their doing.

#36 Edited by Space_Coyote (3182 posts) - - Show Bio

Lets get that retrowave going

Loading Video...

Dude! That's exactly what I've been listening to lately. As soon as I get to work I put on Pandora and my Mega Drive station.

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
#37 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (16223 posts) - - Show Bio

@space_coyote: niiiice, I've been locked on Carpenter Brut and Timecop1983 myself...used to blast it at work to get through the day till they told me I couldn't wear headphones anymore....probably why I don't work there now, still worth it.

#38 Posted by Vivec3629 (153 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting. I'm looking forward to this one. Steve Trevor (or his genetic reincarnation lol) being alive and kicking is odd, but I'll withold judgment until they reveal how this happened.

#39 Posted by loyngulpany (809 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly I'm hyped for this movie

#40 Posted by Worldofthunder (3965 posts) - - Show Bio

TV monitor pic looks great. I love that we'll be getting a developed and no longer naiv Diana in WW2.

#41 Edited by cattlebattle (16728 posts) - - Show Bio

Is she watching National Lampoon's Vacation??? That's a good movie, I would be watching it too.

The funny thing about 80's nostalgia and "retrowave" is that it really wasn't much of an actual thing back then...

The 80's were more Dead or Alive (the band) and less Max Headroom, and even with that said, that was only the mid 80s.

Avatar image for the_man_with_questions
#42 Edited by The_Man_With_Questions (2700 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually didn't understand the point of Steve's death in Wonder Woman. That scene confused me. Why didn't he just crash the plain somewhere & then parachute away?

#43 Posted by Aros001 (3051 posts) - - Show Bio

TV monitor pic looks great. I love that we'll be getting a developed and no longer naiv Diana in WW2.

I imagine she'll be. She and Bruce had great dialogue between each other in BvS and even JL that showed she's adjusted to the modern world, and I doubt that just started in the last couple of years.

#44 Posted by Worldofthunder (3965 posts) - - Show Bio

@aros001 said:
@worldofthunder said:

I imagine she'll be. She and Bruce had great dialogue between each other in BvS and even JL that showed she's adjusted to the modern world, and I doubt that just started in the last couple of years.

Yeah, JL did show that. Can't wait for WW2, Patty's great with Diana and Gal. Zack's WW was a badass warrior while Patty's was a loving woman who cared for people. I don't even want to comment on Whedon's portrayal of Wonder Woman.

#45 Posted by byrd42 (646 posts) - - Show Bio

@heatforce said:

I just meant if she was active during this time, then how the hell did the Holocaust happen?? The only way for Jenkins to explain her evident absence in WW2 is to basically do what Snyder already did. Either that, or Wonder Woman is incompetent af

Maybe I am missing something? Is it stated in one of the DCEU films that there was a holocaust?

#46 Posted by Aros001 (3051 posts) - - Show Bio

@byrd42 said:
@buttersdaman000 said:
@heatforce said:

Maybe I am missing something? Is it stated in one of the DCEU films that there was a holocaust?

Given how closely the MCU and DCEU seem to follow what the real world is like up to Iron Man's and Superman's first big appearance, I'd say it's a safe bet that the Holocaust did still happen in the DCEU.

Mind you, from what I understand, it was after the war or near its end that the rest of the world learned how truly horrific and thorough the Holocaust had been. While I wouldn't bet against the sequel retconing a little and saying that Diana did work in secret in small areas to help the innocents caught in the war without fighting herself, if Diana really did just sit WWII out and let man's world sort it out themselves, I wouldn't be surprised if she found out when the rest of the world did about how bad it really got for the Jews. I really doubt Snyder and Patty's version of Wonder Woman would look at concentration camps full of dying families and just say "Well, sucks to be them."

#47 Posted by byrd42 (646 posts) - - Show Bio

@aros001 said:
@byrd42 said:
@buttersdaman000 said:
@heatforce said:

Given how closely the MCU and DCEU seem to follow what the real world is like up to Iron Man's and Superman's first big appearance, I'd say it's a safe bet that the Holocaust did still happen in the DCEU.

Mind you, from what I understand, it was after the war or near its end that the rest of the world learned how truly horrific and thorough the Holocaust had been. While I wouldn't bet against the sequel retconing a little and saying that Diana did work in secret in small areas to help the innocents caught in the war without fighting herself, if Diana really did just sit WWII out and let man's world sort it out themselves, I wouldn't be surprised if she found out when the rest of the world did about how bad it really got for the Jews. I really doubt Snyder and Patty's version of Wonder Woman would look at concentration camps full of dying families and just say "Well, sucks to be them."

If you think about it, there would really be nothing to stop Wonder Woman from completely collapsing Nazi Germany. She was either elsewhere at that time, or the holocaust did not happen. She wouldn't tolerate that.

#48 Posted by Tyger (2730 posts) - - Show Bio

Is Steve 'back', or is it a figment of her imagination? Or is it an alternate timeline, such as what we saw in BvS? Or possibly he got snagged by Hades?

#49 Edited by adamTRMM (7388 posts) - - Show Bio

Yep, Snyder has always been ahead of the curve with the world building, no matter whether overzealous bandwagoners can admit it or not. While salty fanboys lost their shit when Diana said she left the world of men 100 years ago because "issa no heroicz!!!" the sane segment of us saw that was Snyder's way to address how come the Black Zero Event was the first global super beings outing when there was an immortal woman that can match Kryptonians in battle all along on this Earth. And it fit perfectly because now you have to explain where she was during all the bloody wars humanity has endured since then.

#50 Posted by KanyeCosby (4563 posts) - - Show Bio

Why is Steve Trevor in the movie? Does anyone know how he was able to return?