4. Magneto
  5. Magneto
MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@adamtrmm: I may not be remembering right, but didn’t the entire society on Titan die out?

Avatar image for deactivated-64456b84cf5e8
deactivated-64456b84cf5e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mazahs117 said:

@adamtrmm: I may not be remembering right, but didn’t the entire society on Titan die out?

You know when you say it like that literally it might seem like a tragedy but then again his whole character background is vague and superficial and Magneto's character, in a nutshell, can be described as that he is been through HELL under regime and fascism. Not to mention he was just a child when all of this happened.

PaulPogba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos all rounds.

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Richubs

Whose motivation was better?

Erik

Who's the more tragic character?

Erik

Who's more badass?

Thanos by slight margin

Who displayed their power better?

Erik

Who was the better acted character?

Erik. Simply because there was more to do.

Quinlan58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Whose motivation was better? Erik self-evidently.
  2. Who's the more tragic character? Erik.
  3. Who's more badass? Thanos. Erik was just a little bit too (justifiably) angsty in this movie to fully qualify.
  4. Who displayed their power better? Thanos displayed more powers in cooler ways.
  5. Who was the better acted character? With all due respect to Josh Brolin, he's not as good as Fassbender.
killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 killbilly  Moderator

Erik in all imo.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vishop_ said:
@mazahs117 said:

You know when you say it like that literally it might seem like a tragedy but then again his whole character background is vague and superficial and Magneto's character, in a nutshell, can be described as that he is been through HELL under regime and fascism. Not to mention he was just a child when all of this happened.

I mean yeah, it’s kind of splitting hairs for me in the tragedy category. On one side Erik is a Holocaust survivor, watch his mom get shot in front of him and has to deal with the unfair oppression and persecution of his race..meanwhile Thanos went through his entire people dying off, his home world/moon being ravaged, murdered his own adoptive daughter because of his own whacked out beliefs which came partially probably can be blamed on experiencing his race dying out, all so he can obtain an item to help murder trillions more.

Both have gone through some crazy tragic sh!t to bring them where they are, and I can really go either way, but Thanos‘ experiences I find a bit more crazy because it put him past the point of return whereas with Erik he can, and has in some moments, been redeemed.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vishop_ said:
@mazahs117 said:

I mean yeah, it’s kind of splitting hairs for me in the tragedy category. On one side Erik is a Holocaust survivor, watch his mom get shot in front of him and has to deal with the unfair oppression and persecution of his race..meanwhile Thanos went through his entire people dying off, his home world/moon being ravaged, murdered his own adoptive daughter because of his own whacked out beliefs which came partially probably can be blamed on experiencing his race dying out, all so he can obtain an item to help murder trillions more.

Both have gone through some crazy tragic sh!t to bring them where they are, and I can really go either way, but Thanos‘ experiences I find a bit more crazy because it put him past the point of return whereas with Erik he can, and has in some moments, been redeemed.

Thanos's words can merely be referenced through his words(I mean it's not like it was shown on panel) and that too they seem superficial because he actually wanted to kill his own people and it's not like he hasn't referenced them as trauma or tragedy through his experience.

Erik saw his whole family being massacred and tortured during the holocaust and if it's strictly not First Class, he saw his own daughter and wife die. He was totally broken.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quinlan58 said:

Who displayed their power better? Thanos displayed more powers in cooler ways.

Nah and it's not even close technically. He only had super strength.

Quinlan58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vishop_: I'm counting the Infinity Stones among his powers.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vishop_: I'm counting the Infinity Stones among his powers.

Infinity Stones are technically less powerful in movies lol.

Quinlan58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vishop_: I'm not saying he displayed his comic book powers better than Fassneto. I'm saying he displayed his movie powers (+Infinity Stones) better than Fassneto.

ReiTigerstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magneto all around for me.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 killbilly  Moderator

Somebody should make this a poll. :)

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vishop_ said:
@mazahs117 said:

Honestly, I always thought that moment was clumsier than the Martha debacle. He makes a deplorable, de facto ritualistic sacrifice of the only person he loves and because he sheds a tear we're supposed to feel sympathy? He's a twisted maniac that would kill anyone to achieve his goals, like the worst kind does. And yet everyone acts like this is some deep moment... This is really a mystery to me.

Anyway, I'm not sure we've been given enough of Titan to fully understand what happened, his version suggested that some cataclysm over or because of lack of resources have taken place. I mean, it seems horrible, but is it on the same level of systematized apparatus of human eradication?

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eric survived the holocaust....he automatically wins all rounds

Hulk_Like_Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers