anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator
No Caption Provided

Instead of a Respect Thread... Let's contribute to this thread and hate Ozai for being so horrible. I've gathered some stuff.

"I have all the power in the world!"

Feats

By feats, Ozai is easily the worst person there is in the Avatarverse

Child Abuse

Racism

Sexism & Domestic Violence

Bloodthirst & Raw Hatred

• Enjoys the destruction of any -insert word that makes normal people happy here- left in the world

Animal Abuse

General Stuff

• Poisoned and killed his own father to get the throne
  • Doesn't give a fck about his nephew getting killed, instead likes it cause his brother "is not capable of becoming the firelord now".
    OzaiFather, you must have realized as I have, that with Lu Ten gone, Iroh's bloodline has ended. After his son's death, my brother abandoned the siege at Ba Sing Se, and who knows when he will return home. But I am here, Father, and my children are alive.
    AzulonSay what it is you want!
    OzaiFather, revoke Iroh's birthright. I am your humble servant, here to serve you and our nation. Use me.
  • He alsmot killed Aang, even after he spared him
  • He almost killed Zuko, even after he spared him
  • Was burning down the Earth Kingdom before dinner
  • Heavily implied that he trades people for money
    SokkaI'm just sayin' it's bad business sense. Think how much the Fire Lord would pay for the Avatar. You guys would be set for life.
    Pirate captain[To Zuko.] Keep the scroll; we can buy a hundred with the reward we'll get for the kid. [The pirates turn to leave.]
    KataraWhat about Aang?
    Xin Fu[Showing the Fire Nation wanted poster.] I think the Fire Nation will pay a hefty price for the Avatar. Now, get out of my ring.
    Fire Nation Man appears in an earth tornado. The Gecko jumps down from the ceiling. The Hippo stomps on the ground and crushes a boulder. Headhunter jumps onto the ring from the bleachers. The Gopher pops up from underground.

Accolades / Statements

Apart from direct feats and showings, Ozai has plenty of statements from the main cast to suggest he is a terrible being.

• Sokka
    SokkaI always knew the Fire Lord was a bad guy, but his plan is just pure evil.
    Sokka[Turning to look at Aang.] Of course you are. That's 'cause you gotta fight the Fire Lord, the baddest man on the planet. And you better win or we're all done for.
  • Aang
    AangNo, I agree with you. [Stands up.] Fire Lord Ozai is a horrible person, and the world would probably be better off without him, but there's got to be another way.
  • Katara
    Zuko[Voice-over.] I wanted to speak out against this horrifying plan, but I'm ashamed to say I didn't. [Fade to the present.] My whole life, I struggled to gain my father's love and acceptance, but once I had it, I realized I'd lost myself getting there. I'd forgotten who I was.
    Katara[Sinks to her knees.] I can't believe this.
  • Zuko
    ZukoWell, that sweet little kid grew up to be a monster, and the worst father in the history of fathers.
  • Iroh
    Iroh[Staring out the window thoughtfully.] It is unbelievable. I have never known my brother to regret anything.
    ZukoDid you listen to Azula? Father's realized how important family is to him! [Irritated.] He cares about me!
    Iroh[Turns to face Zuko and holds out arms in gesture.] I care about you! And if Ozai wants you back, well, I think it may not be for the reasons you imagine.
"OMG The Spirits need to be free" - "IKR Equality for everyone our society is unfair" - "Order = disorder which is why disorder = good" - "My parents treated me like garbadge so I need to prevent the same thing from happening to my nation" - "IKR let's burn everything because it's so awesome to see babies crying let's just wreck havoc upon the world because y not"

Oh, well, at least he is voiced by Mark Hamill so we might forgive him but anyways. All hait the Oh Awful Firelord!

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator
Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's a pretty sucky guy

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely not one of Avatar's more nuanced villains, but definitely one of the funnest to hate.

Also, how embarrassing must it have been to name himself after a mythological animal known to always rise from the ashes of defeat, then immediately get defeated and never rise again? Talk about his mouth writing a check his butt can't cash, am I right?

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator

@metaljimmor: Talk about the... king of the guys who... don't win...

That's the spirit!

X-Rey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh, I don't care for Ozai in general.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By kbroskywalker
kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus1 said:

He's a pretty sucky guy

Definitely not one of Avatar's more nuanced villains, but definitely one of the funnest to hate.

Also, how embarrassing must it have been to name himself after a mythological animal known to always rise from the ashes of defeat, then immediately get defeated and never rise again? Talk about his mouth writing a check his butt can't cash, am I right?

@arcus1@metaljimmor@amendment50@deathhero61@darthfallax@foxerdes@major_hellstorm@tektonic@kbroskywalker sorry for the many tagz in one day, but I put some hard work into this, it took me a whole almost an hour.

No Caption Provided

Yall be haters.

Ozai was da best dad ever:

The young family made frequent vacations to Ember Island in order to relax. On a vacation around 87 AG, Zuko nearly drowned in an attempt to help a turtle crab. When the tides were pulling his son further into the sea, Ozai dove in the water and rescued Zuko, who spent the remainder of the day in the care of his mother, recovering from the experience. Ozai would later muse that he had attempted to be a good father in his children's early years.[1.[

Good father.

Good Father.

Good Father.

GOOD FATHER!

Avatar image for deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99
deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You're just a hater. Ozai did nothing wrong.

force_echo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By force_echo

Can't believe I didn't know he was voiced by Mark Hamill until now.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't believe I didn't know he was voiced by Mark Hamill until now.

Damn, rewatching it, I can actually hear it now

Avatar image for life_without_progress
life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

You're just a hater. Ozai did nothing wrong.

Yeah, He was just doing it all for the Fire Nation!

#OzaiWasRight.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a2b0053414c5
deactivated-5a2b0053414c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He was also anti-gay. Really, they went out of their way to make sure you knew that in the latest LoK comic.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

He was a lame villain.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

Probably the only thing that kept Avatar back. Ozai was such a lame villain for a series like Avatar.

Can't blame the writers tho if they knew Avatar was gonna get so big I'm sure they would of made him less cliche

Avatar image for deactivated-6249a821a8c64
deactivated-6249a821a8c64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He was the best Villain in the whole Avatarverse kek.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator

I thought of the homophobic due to the Turf Wars issue but it talked about Sozin, rather than Ozai, IIRC. Gonna check it out.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TBH, Ozai was a noble as hell dude. Risked his life to save his son almost drowning from his own stupidity.

Stood up for his daughter when her teacher tried to be condescending.

What a dad.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator

@stormshadow_x: I think it might actually be cool that while everyone else had some deep reason he was just what he was because evil. Believe it or not, one can think it offers diversity lol

They also said somewhere that even though there are things they would've done different looking back, they wouldn't want to change anything now.

Most importantly though, it was because of Ozai that we got Azula who's probably the deepest character in the series, let alone villain.

@force_echo: @kbroskywalker: If you've seen Batman TAS it's totally him and the Joker being one. Esspecially that conversation with Zuko in the eclipse was cut clear. Guy is insanely good with his vocal style tho. I genuinely watch Ozai scenes to listen to that voice.

And Zuko and Aang are not... Whatever they might be.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ozai was great, tbh.

After all other nations bullied him, he still tried to create a perfect world for everyone.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By kbroskywalker

@anthp2000:

I think it might actually be cool that while everyone else had some deep reason he was just what he was because evil. Believe it or not, one can think it offers diversity lol

They also said somewhere that even though there are things they would've done different looking back, they wouldn't want to change anything now.

Most importantly though, it was because of Ozai that we got Azula who's probably the deepest character in the series, let alone villain.

Yup, think Sidious. Simplicity has merit.

@force_echo: @kbroskywalker: If you've seen Batman TAS it's totally him and the Joker being one. Esspecially that conversation with Zuko in the eclipse was cut clear. Guy is insanely good with his vocal style tho. I genuinely watch Ozai scenes to listen to that voice.

Oh, yea, I rewatched Ozai vs Aang to make sure yesterday, and it was obvious. Luke's been spending waaaay too much time on the darkside.

And Zuko and Aang are not... Whatever they might be.

Your refusal to accept that all love is beautiful is noted.

Keep livin in denial, hater.

For real though, shippers be cancer

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By kbroskywalker

@darthfallax said:

Ozai was great, tbh.

After all other nations bullied him, he still tried to create a perfect world for everyone.

Preach.

Bro lit tried to offer his son advice on how to be a better man despite Zuko betrayin and imprisoning him.

Ozai tried to help everyone but:

https://youtu.be/AVprz0nm0Y4?t=3m29s

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator

You guys gonna make me feel guilts for this now?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99
deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#27 morpheus_  Moderator

I was amused by Ozai's one-note personality, the Avatar villain that annoyed me was Unalaq. He was preaching about the spirits when in reality, all he craved was power for himself even at the cost of his brother, his niece and his own children. At least Ozai was devoid of hypocrisy and reveled in his moustache twirling level of villainy.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 anthp2000  Moderator

@morpheus_: I'm honestly not sure about Unalaq. What you said is Zaheer's version of the story but the spirits might have been his actual reasoning, not the hypocrite motive.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 morpheus_  Moderator

@anthp2000: I'm mostly discussing Unalaq's own behavior in S2, not what Zaheer told Korra in the spirit world in S3. And between Unalaq and Zaheer, I'd take the latter on his word anytime.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 anthp2000  Moderator

@morpheus_: I'm gonna rewatch S2 tbh. Unalaq might be deeper than we think.

Definitely. Barring Azula, Zaheer is the best and deepest villain in Avatar imo. His word was credible.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 morpheus_  Moderator

@anthp2000: S2 of LoK IS probably the only one I'd have trouble rewatching out of the entire Avatar series. Unalaq being bland is partially the reason for it. No matter what his goals might had initially been, he clearly didn't even care for his own children in his quest for Vaatu and reduced them to henchmen.

It was somewhat an unnecessary retcon because I doubt the Red Lotus would have accepted Unalaq. He seems like the definition of the rulers they opposed. And Azula had depth, but I don't rate her as highly as Zaheer. She could have made something for herself but opted for cruelty instead, only to descend into madness after alienating everyone that remotely cared for her. She's fascinating but not likable to me.

noobsnowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By noobsnowman

Ozai is a shitty character yes, but his bending prowess is undeniably among the best of the best.

Green_Tea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually never knew Brad Pitt made an appearance in Friends.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 anthp2000  Moderator

I actually never knew Brad Pitt made an appearance in Friends.

They were dating with Aniston then.

katrurius17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@morpheus_:

I think the most people had trouble with book 2 of LOK, Unalaq was neither symphatic nor facinating. Heck i even ditched LOK at first in book 2, although that was also cause of the love triangle of stupidity.

And i would also say Azula had more depth in a subtle way than Zaheer, but she is more importantly one of the most accurate descriptions of an actual Sociopath in Cartoons(excluding anime). I would also give her the edge(although i rly like Zaheer), but you're probably still right about them cause i know that i prefer facinating villains over likeable ones(which is also not bad though).

Ozai got for me a bit saved due to his kids and voice(Mark Hamil is just absolutely amazing as voice actor).

KanyeCosby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For a series as great as Avatar, he was a pretty bland villain.

Quinlan58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Quinlan58

The sole thing he has going for him as a villain is that he is so goddamn evil.

And he is. Gloriously.

Avatar image for anonimous_animefanaticx8
Anonimous_AnimeFanaticx8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everything was great until the hate nation attacked.

chloros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

This made me laugh

No Caption Provided