Female Heroines that really Need good acting

darkningdawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By darkningdawn

I know Hollywood doesnt often care if an actress can act or not as long as they look nice and it's especially clear with super hero movies so I have learned to half accept it with some movies. 
However some female characters require better acting then others the question of this thread is which female heroes would be the most unacceptable if the actress playing her cannot actually act. 

For me Harley Quinn is #1 on this list no other character would be close
Storm would be #2 of course that crime against humanity already occured.  
xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#2  Edited By xerox_kitty

I don't think Halle Berry deserves half the bad press she gets for her rendition of Storm.  It's for the best that she dropped the terrible African accent, but she still did a good job.  Some of the bad dialogue she had to deliver was the script writer's fault, not hers (especially that line about what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning), and she reflected the steady relationship Storm has with her peers (Jean, Cyclops, the Professor, Wolvie & Beast in particular).   Halle Berry was a lot better as Storm than Anna Paquin was as Rogue... but even she was stuck with the way that studio wanted to portray the character.

Personally, I used to want to see Polaris in an X-Film.  However, I'm not that keen to see her messed around like some of the others (like Emma 'diamond powers' Silverfox)  And I'd fear that if anyone tried to cast Boom Boom that she'd end up as some dreadful Paris Hilton parody.