• 116 results
nn5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

https://screenrant.com/scarlet-witch-strongest-mcu-hero-kevin-feige/

Feige asked by a fan had no doubts that Wanda is the strongest MCU hero.

I'm glad it isn't Carol, and seeing how he said that specifically in context of SW almost killing Thanos, I doubt CM was ever intended to beat fully-armed Thanos.

What do you think about it guys?

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A few thoughts:

1. Good

2. Gunna need to start puting asterisks next to Feige statements because he has been contradicting his own statements and those of his directors.

3. If they made Wanda a reality warper after getting her powers from the MIND stone, that would be 🤦‍♂️ unless they explained it well enough. I feel like Jean Grey is going to be shelved for a while even after mutants are introduced so why not utilize the red-headed telepath you already have?

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Until the feats align with statements, it doesn't really matter what's said.

nn5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heatforce: What statements does it contradict? I mean, he said numerous times Carol is the strongest hero but IIRC before EG while Russos said Wanda got significant amp post-Vision's death.

Also, Carol got her power from Space Stone and she apparently can't teleport so it isn't consistent as well. They probably won't explain why they got these particular powers.

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Heatforce

Lame. DCEU Superman would beat MCU’s strongest hero.

I think Feige kinda realizes the oopsie he made giving the crown to new comer: Captain Marvel. Now if he could only retroactively move Captain Marvel out of the infinity saga and officially introduce her in the next phase...

WakeUpSid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

2016 CE -

Kevin Feige : “ Captain Marvel will be by far the most powerful character in the MCU “ .

2019 CE -

Kevin Feige : “ Scarlet Witch is probably the most powerful MCU hero “ .

Me : *visibly confused*

nn5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@risingbean: What feat is better than breaking Vibranium-busting sword? Unless you say about her being glass cannon which is fair.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

Statements are nice and all but let's wait until that it actually shown in the movies/shows.

LorenzoDeSila

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By LorenzoDeSila

That's not a confirmation. It's an opinion.

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nn5 said:

@heatforce: What statements does it contradict? I mean, he said numerous times Carol is the strongest hero but IIRC before EG while Russos said Wanda got significant amp post-Vision's death.

Also, Carol got her power from Space Stone and she apparently can't teleport so it isn't consistent as well. They probably won't explain why they got these particular powers.

Still you can loosely tie their abilities back to the respective infinity stone. Wanda is obvious, Quicksliver most likely had his reflexes amped by the mindstone and a byproduct of that was super speed, Vision of course was given life and an ego by the mind stone and Carol got the ability to fly light speed (or ftl) from the space stone and I imagine her energy projection/ absorption powers are byproducts too like Quicksilver's speed.

BladeOfFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BladeOfFury

Joe Russo also confirmed it.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By takenstew22  Moderator

Something that I can actually agree with. Her and Doctor Strange are the most powerful in the MCU in terms of hax. It was never Hulk, Thor or even Carol. And since almost everyone here takes the writers' statements as fact it's most likely gonna change alot of peoples view lmao.

Just goes to show how inconsistent the MCU is in terms of power levels.

nn5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By nn5

@heatforce: Agree but it's very loose connection. Still e.g. TK doesn't seem as obvious consequence of getting powers from Mind Stone.

nn5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TobeyMaguire84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By TobeyMaguire84

Yep, The promotion for Wanda Vision has officially started.

BladeOfFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By BladeOfFury

@nn5:

"He made a very popular choice. Strategically though, strategically, I am going to go with Scarlet Witch, who is the most powerful character."

Loading Video...

I don't think he noticed Odin yet, but he should have already noticed Thor and Hulk, who were at the top of the list.

Avatar image for lazarus4tempest
lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

IS IT A FACT THO????

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nn5 said:

@heatforce: Agree but it's very loose connection. Still e.g. TK doesn't seem as obvious consequence of getting powers from Mind Stone.

Imo it does make sense in that TK like TP is typically mind-related. Sure some characters might only have one or the other but it seems Wanda gets both. Probably a byproduct ability as well.

nn5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nn5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heatforce: Reality warping is mind-related too. I know it would be more logical if she got her reality-warping powers from Reality Stone but Carol getting super strength, speed and energy projection would fit Power Gem better as well IMO.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nn5 said:

@risingbean: What feat is better than breaking Vibranium-busting sword? Unless you say about her being glass cannon which is fair.

Yeah, don't get me wrong, Wanda has shown massive hax potential ever since she broke Vibranium to pull Ultron's heart out of his torso. But as far as battle, she was bested by Proxima Midnight and Corvus Glaive, who are super soldier level at best.

She has her strong points, but I wouldn't expect her to best a number of MCU characters in battle without a hefty dose of plot armor and them forgetting their powersets, or without her simply using her powers much better in future showings.

yuuki157

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nn5:

"He made a very popular choice. Strategically though, strategically, I am going to go with Scarlet Witch, who is the most powerful character."

Loading Video...

I don't think he noticed Odin yet, but he should have already noticed Thor and Hulk, who were at the top of the list.

No Quake love

Ugh

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By rajjarsalt

Same thing happened when Feige said CM was the most powerful. Doesn't mean anything tho. Leading and forefront, my foot, she was there for 2 EG battles.

Dr. Strange is still way more powerful, Cyttorak's Crimson Bands kills Thanos faster than Wanda's TK hold.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wanda already was the most powerful lol. No feat she has contradicts this. She beat Thanos already when nobody else could

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjarsalt: I personally think Wanda is more powerful but Strange is far more versatile and skilled

The only problem I have with your statement is that you said the bands can kill Thanos faster than Wanda’s TK hold which is factually wrong. Those bands have no feats that say they can kill Thanos. While Wanda even has statements that say she would have killed Thanos.

Wanda’s TK by feats >>> Bands

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yuuki157: that show is barely even canon anymore so...no

Avatar image for thespartanb345t
TheSpartanB345T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean...yeah. Overpowering Thanos>>>

Avatar image for deactivated-627d8daf1de25
deactivated-627d8daf1de25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Nice, expected this anyways, the way I see it, the 5 most powerful are:

1. Scarlet Witch
  2. Captain America (Worthy)
  3. Thor
  4. Captain Marvel
  5. Hulk (Savage)
nn5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@risingbean: Yeah, I agree she was poor in combat before EG despite great raw power. In EG, as said by Russos, she got stronger post-Vision's death, and beat Thanos so I don't think fight against Black Order counts as low showing for current Wanda.

Also, Corvus beat Cap so he is (and Proxima likely as well) above super soldier level physically. Plus they have weapons that deflect energy attacks.

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjarsalt: I personally think Wanda is more powerful but Strange is far more versatile and skilled

The only problem I have with your statement is that you said the bands can kill Thanos faster than Wanda’s TK hold which is factually wrong. Those bands have no feats that say they can kill Thanos. While Wanda even has statements that say she would have killed Thanos.

Wanda’s TK by feats >>> Bands

Thanos's strength paled against the bands. Relative to that, he did better against Wanda until she struck his sword away. If anything, Dr. Strange is capable of breaking his neck with them. What Wanda managed for the time she took was crushing different parts of Thanos's armor. It would not have been a fast death imo.

Is the bolded an implication that statements > feats?

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjarsalt: Wanda was trying to make him suffer

The bands are ropes they cannot real Thanos’ neck lmao you’re reading too far into the feat

No feats always > statements, but statements are canon as well when backed up with feats

There is a statement that even if they got the gauntlet off of Thanos he still would have beaten the Titan team.

Avatar image for deactivated-61a1b6940ec47
deactivated-61a1b6940ec47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjarsalt: Thanos's strength paled against the bands

remind me again, how did he get out of the bands?

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By rajjarsalt

@webinyoureye11 said:

Think it was the Power+Soul combo. I thought it was pretty cool.

If it was not, I think Strange dropped the spell to summon a Sling Ring for Mantis. He did lock those bands visually tho.

It dropped the other time when he slung Strange over his shoulder.

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emmafrostxmen:

The bands are ropes, yes. They are magical constructs that cause a physical effect. Considering what Strange did with one, I'd hesitate if he straight up used the same spell from before. He'd have Thanos wrapped up like a mummy. And they looked pretty strong, too.

SavvyVet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still feel like comics are thee determining factor for how strong or weak a character is. Comics are like the marvel Universe Bible. So if Scarlet Witch is the most powerful MCU character I get it. But it still only really applies to cinema. I like Scarlet Witch though.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@webinyoureye11 said:

If it was not, I think Strange dropped the spell to summon a Sling Ring for Mantis. He did lock those bands visually tho.

He only used the stones on the standard energy whips

how does it drop if strange locks it though? Like, he was holding him even after mantis dropped on Thanos.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 anthp2000  Moderator

At the end of the day, we know for a fact that Thor isn't the strongest hero.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjarsalt said:
@webinyoureye11 said:

He only used the stones on the standard energy whips

how does it drop if strange locks it though? Like, he was holding him even after mantis dropped on Thanos.

Ah, so they aren't the same spells. Makes sense. My b.

As for the lock, the logic makes sense, but another reason Strange would have dropped that specific band spell is because when it resumes after Mantis drops on Thanos's head, Strange is actually using the spell on his right hand w/o the gauntlet. He already uses his hands to summon the Sling Ring, and unless he somehow had a Image of Ikonn duplicate to hold the bands, I assume the construct would have dissipated. Then he'd have to cast the spell again, but this time on the right hand.

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 cocacolaman  Moderator

Yeah. There was debate before Endgame, but now there isn't. She did better than Carol did, and she also did better than the combined efforts of Thor, Tony, and Steve.

I still hold IW Thor as the best one in terms of overall combat. He's got comparable stats to Carol with gear that can one shot Thanos. But in pure raw power, Scarlet Witch holds it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjarsalt: what are you talking about? what dissipated? Why would you think strange released the bands when we see Thanos pull him by the bands?

Avatar image for deactivated-627d8daf1de25
deactivated-627d8daf1de25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@subline said:

Nice, expected this anyways, the way I see it, the 5 most powerful are:

1. Scarlet Witch
  2. Captain America (Worthy)
  3. Thor
  4. Captain Marvel
  5. Hulk (Savage)

Hate doing it but I’d argue Doctor Strange would bump Hulk out and Strange should be either under or above Wanda.

Ah, my bad, completely forgot about Strange. Yeah I agree with your placing, I'd put him at 1 or 2.

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Well, his opinion gotta count for something. I think it's ridiculous to just ignore it.

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjarsalt: what are you talking about? what dissipated? Why would you think strange released the bands when we see Thanos pull him by the bands?

I'm referring to the dissipation that happened between Strange was pulling on his left hand and when Strange was pulling on his right.

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At the end of the day, we know for a fact that Thor isn't the strongest hero.

He never was, Hulk's physically stronger.

The_Fub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It depends honestly. Scarlet which has the most raw power it seems, plus she has the mind hax. However she's also a glass canon who would get beat by guys like Thor or even Iron Man potentially who have ranged attacks.

Doctor Strange is also a glass canon but instead of having raw power he's crazy crafty.

Thor has both raw power and insane durability. By feats he's still the most powerful Avenger (anyone saying he NEVER was clearly is biased) however by scaling Wanda takes it given what she was able to do to Thanos and Ultron. Though at the same time she was also beat by people that super solider level beings were able to take out. But this is raw power and not a vs. So that's irrelevant I suppose.