• 61 results
magpiemaggie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By magpiemaggie

Still go back to the classic Superman....childhood memories!!!

The_Centurion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By The_Centurion

Spider-Man.

Geez I remember going through 12 years without actually reading comics (thoroughly) yet Spider-Man has always been my No.1.

Avatar image for themanintheshoe
TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 17

Vision, I don't...know why

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have so many. It use to be Spider-Man at #1 but Batman recently took the spotlight again. It changes sometimes.

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

Captain America. He is unyielding in his beliefs and follows his convictions to the end. He has the respect of most of the Marvel U and even gods follow him into battle and listen to his command.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By PeppeyHare

Spidey has always been my favorite

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By oceanmaster21

wonder woman martian manhuntwr ktle rayner childhood memories as well

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Banner/Hulk

He's a very conflicted and deep character who only wants friendship and peace yet almost never finds it.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Wolverine008

My favorite superhero is Wolverine, and I think he represents two things.

I think the first Wolverine represents is never giving up. Through out his life Logan has watched his parents die, watch most of the women he has ever loved die by mostly mistake of his own, lost all of his memories, been brainwashed into think that he is an animal, and many more traumatic and sad tragedies. Most people would have given up or just become plain evil, but Wolverine still just tries to the best he can with what life has given him.

The second thing I think Wolverine represents is redemption. Despite being ultimately good person at heart, Wolverine has been involved with and done many morally ambiguous things throughout his extremely long life. He feels shame and remorse for what he has done, and just wants to make up for all the mistakes and wrong doings he's ever done. That's why he is so enthralled by the concept of the samurai. He hopes that one day he can become a truly noble samurai that is a good person, and he'll never stop trying to achieve that goal.

That's why Wolverine is my favorite superhero. Plus, he's a badass with an insane healing factor and claws :)

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Wolverine008
juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

Spider Man. Characters like Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, and Thor are the characters I always looked up to. But Peter is someone I've always related to. He's the kind of guy that would save your wife from a burning building and then have a hot dog with you afterwards. And while you're sitting on the sidewalk shooting the breeze, you discover that aside from the wall crawling, superhuman physical attributes, and bright costume, he's not much different from from people you may see everyday. He could easily be that clerk at the coffee shop that gives you a smile and a free cup of joe every morning because he knows you've been running behind on the bills lately, or he could be the next door neighbor that drives your kids to school on his way to work because he knows you go to work on the opposite side of town and your jackass of a boss won't let you come in a minute late without docking your pay. Peter is an everyman just trying to use the gifts he's given to do what's right for the people in his city and make sure everyone can catch a break at least one time in their lives. And that to me means more than being a god among men or an intergalactic protector.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I might as well give a reason why Batman is my favourite.

I admire him. His dedication, his will, his morality. He mastered human perfection just to serve justice, to serve as a symbol of hope for the people of Gotham. He continuously tests his limits and strives to become better. He reminds me that, no matter how tough times get, you can overcome it.

I remember his training in the n52 where his master tells him to breath in the hatred, fear, rage and all the worlds suffering. Then his master tells him to rid himself of the light within, the love, compassion, joy and give it to the world.

No Caption Provided

Very admirable.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My second favorite hero is Batman, and I think represents two thing also.

The first thing I think Batman represents is never giving up. When Bruce lost his parents right in front of him as an 8 year old, he was laced with all kinds of things like grief, anger, frustration, etc. If Bruce wanted to, he could have easily let this pain become something evil, and despicable (He could have ended up like Doctor Doom in my opinion), but instead, he looked past himself and decided to use his pain and anguish to be something bigger than himself and a protector. I think Bruce also represents never giving up with his dedication to his city. Being Batman isn't a job to Bruce, it is his life. It's why he gets up in the morning, etc. He will never stop trying to fix Gotham unless he's physically unable to or dead.

The second thing I think Batman represents is hope. I know this may be a weird thing since Bruce usually talks about Batman as being a symbol used to strike fear in criminals hearts, but I think he represents hope in an esoteric way. He wants to show the people of his beloved Gotham City that they can stands up and take control of their city, and not let their lives be run by cowardly people. He ultimately just wants to protect, and make sure no child will ever have to feel the way he did that faithful day he watched his parents die.

That's why Batman is my second favorite hero.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

Superman is my favorite.....I'll have to explain why after class today....

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp:

You better start catching up before it's too late. I'm on fire!

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By MonsterStomp

@wolverine08: Well you just gave an extended version of what I said. You read what I wrote and just extended it! I won! >:D

attatje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By attatje

My favorite Superhero is Green Arrow because I can relate to him and I think he's one of the most human/realistic characters. Also he isn't perfect and he makes mistakes (cheating for example) he is stubborn and has clear characteristics, which make him very interesting.

nightwing737

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By nightwing737

I don't know. I like Luke Cage, Taskmaster, and Nightwing.

Gordyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Gordyman

3. Hulk: He's so relatable, I think we all have repressed emotions that we wish we could just let out by turning into a green monster and destroying stuff.

2. Deadpool: The guy is hilarious, what else can I say.

1. Batman: Someone who has overcome personal tragedy by becoming something greater than himself through sheer willpower and intelligence, and has devoted his entire adult life from preventing such tragedies from happening to others.

bob808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#22  Edited By bob808

The Green Hornet has always been my favorite hero.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#23  Edited By PowerHerc

Marvel Hercules.

He's immeasurably strong, he's practically indestructible, he's truly immortal (so he'll never get old and die) and he knows how to have enjoy life.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for Oreoassassin421
OreoAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By OreoAssassin

Agent Venom

He shows a character that people can relate to and that is- Change. From school bully to Iraq war veteran to a Venom he's always been good at heart and his story is amazing

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By z3ro180

Superman and Thor

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Silver Surfer

Why not!?

Jack Donaghy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman

Reason: Batman: The Animated Series it was my 1st exposure to him and still is the best version of the character. I know people who don't like Batman and still like his portrayal on that show.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

Captain America and Batman are my favorite superheroes. Both represent the morals and values I personally hold, they are symbols of hope and justice and show that one person can truly make a difference.

colossusfan98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think my favorite would definitely be COLOSSUS , with his organic steel skin he just looks like a bad ass .he may not be the strongest but he can kick ass .

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By SilverPool

It'd be a tie between Dick Grayson and Barry Allen.

Among many reasons, I like Dick Grayson because I like sidekicks who grow out of the role. Like Bucky or Arsenal as well. I also think he's worthy of the Batman mantle as much as, if not more so than Terry. The acrobatic skills make his fighting style visually appealing, he's a womanizer,he has the best suit of all the superheroes, dem escrima sticks, etc. He emerged from a similar tragedy as Bruce but luckily was raised so well by Bruce that he came to accept it, move on, and retain his humanity. This is probably my favorite aspect about him, that he has that resiliance,and in that way I think he is Bruce Wayne's greatest success despite their seperation.

Barry I like because, much like Grayson, sees the bright side, he is a more serious Flash, was a fairly ordinary dude before his accident, (Pre-N52) was fighting crime despite having no family killed in order to cause it, his power is the best power in comics, he's creative with his abilities, he has one of the best villains, etc etc I could go on and on.

deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#31  Edited By deathstroke52

1. Superman no reason needed

2. Batman such an interesting character with great villains and stories.

thing150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Kyle Rayner - he is a very sensative and relatable character, he never gives up no matter what hardship he is going through

2. Aquaman - can someone say bada$$, i love aquaman and he rarely ever gets the respect he deserves

3. Jason todd - was not the biggest fan but new 52 jason todd is awesome, he is written very well

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine. For reasons Wolverine08 said earlier. Lol

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Saint_Sophie

Wonder Woman. This may sound overused but I loved her even as a young kid as she basically showed me that girls are just as strong, fast, good looking and witty as males. I've always had an interest in mythology/fantasy so her origin and mythos appealed to me. Her good nurtured personality but is willing to get dirty/take risks when it is necessarily, also spoke akin to my personality as well.

EDIT: IMO, I also like the balance she has in the trinity. She's strong, but generally accepted to be not as strong as Supes, she's the only female in the trinity and is skilled and smart, but arguably not as skilled or as smart as Batman.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman because Batman.

Jmarshmallow

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By BeaconofStrength
This one honestly doesn't need an explanation.
This one honestly doesn't need an explanation.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Static: the first time I really got into superheroes was while watching Static Shock as a kid, and on a more personal level and with a bit of hindsight, it was cool seeing a young, black Superhero who was like me in some ways, but different enough I was always interested in. Combine that with a pretty cool Rogues gallery, interesting partner, and an awesome supporting cast, (His dad, Rubber Band Man, Anansi, etc.)

2. Superman: Something about the iconic imagery. Even thinking back to the classic slogans and abilities, (faster than a speeding bullet! More powerful than a locomotive! Able to leap tall buildings in a single bound!) there's just something inherently cool about Superman.

Tristan_Hartup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Tristan_Hartup

Daredevil - He's cool, interesting, unique and all round badass

Avatar image for deactivated-5cb5c24a12dfe
deactivated-5cb5c24a12dfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Invincible. His comics follow an actual story where actions have long lasting consequences, all of the characters in Invincible are very unique and last but not least, the fights are incredibly entertaining.

Hyper_Mode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shazam/Captain marvel: he represents a power fantasy. when I first learned about him I thought it was awesome to become an adult and get superman level power. I also really like what he stands for he brings a youthful fresh feel to any team he is in and for me he kind of represents overcoming fear especially new 52 as you would think with all that power that he doesn't have to fear anything but its not the power that makes him fearless its his heroism and his "family" that make him courageous. New 52 or pre New 52 Shazam is awesome.

regiebravo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dick Grayson.

I grew up watching him in Teen Titans and as a kid the name, "Nightwing" sounded really cool to me and the costume matched the name in coolness.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-Man.

He is just a regular guy, someone you can relate to, he has normal problems like everybody else, yet he manages to solve most of them and still go out and help people. He has suffered a lot, his uncle died because of him, his first love died because of him, his best friend started consuming drugs, yet he never loses hope and goes out and helps anybody who needs it, He represents hope, because he has shown me that no matter how bad things are in your life, you can get better, you can always aspire to something, and with effort, you can achieve it.

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Luke Cage - because he got heart and cares about people.

Wally West- because he's cool, funny & Laid Back. Also he's one of the most powerful Flashes

bee14ish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By bee14ish

Superman.

1) He's the gold standard, the original.

2) He's got all the power of a god, yet he doesn't try to play one. He knows his place in the universe and doesn't abuse his power. A real guardian angel type.

3) The man's humble to a fault. He's always there for his friends, and doesn't belittle anyone. He actually brings out the best in them, makes them feel special-

Quote-

The Atom: I remember the first time I met Superman. It was a Justice League case so there were other heroes involved, but in my mind none of them stood as tall or as proudly as Superman. I began to wonder what I was doing in the same room as him, how little he must think of me. But Superman never treated me as anything but an equal. At six inches tall he made me feel like a giant. Now I had to be that giant for him.

4) He's the pillar holding up the League, the lynchpin of the DCU-

Quote-

Batman: Flying out of the sky, he once again show us why he sets the standard for so many. Many see him as a naive boyscout whipped by his own selflessness. They will not, cannot, see him for what he is, a hero.

5) Clark's a source of inspiration for the entire superhero community, even Batman( refer above quote), and Wonder Woman-

Quote:

Wonder Woman restraining and talking to Superman after he is transformed into Doomsday form by Circe-

Wonder Woman: I won't let you give into your pain or guilt. The whole world needs you right now because of who you are and what you do. Because of what you mean to everyone. Because of what you mean to me. Just by being as good as you are.

Superman (changing back and crying): Diana...What have I done to you?

It's another matter that the character has suffered in recent years due to mishandling and half-baked writing. He needs to be written by someone who truly understands and loves the character.

tbrand32300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

daredevil - He doesn't have the coolest powers, but (besides for maybe batman) he is the densest and most complicated character in comics. He is defined by deaths, like many other characters, but he also is tortured by Catholic guilt and broken promises to his dad.

Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#47  Edited By Darling_Luna
No Caption Provided

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers