#1 Posted by InvadedTBD (939 posts) - - Show Bio

All I'm asking is which is your favorite Zanpakuto from bleach?

Along with which Zanpakuto you think is the most underrated in the series?

#2 Edited by InvadedTBD (939 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll start

Favorite: Ryujin jakka(Yama)

Underrated: Wabisuke(Kira)

#3 Posted by InvadedTBD (939 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump.

#4 Posted by LimitlessSigil (2824 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually have a few favorites;

In terms of it's sealed state I'd say Kenpachi's is my favorite due to it looking so jagged.

For shikai it would probably be Sakanade due to how unique it looks, and the fact that it's one of the very few illusion based Zanpakuto in Bleach.

No Caption Provided

For bankai I'd choose Zanka no Tachi, not only is it one of the oldest Bankai, but it looks so cool and has many unique abilities.

No Caption Provided

As for the most underrated Zanpakuto imo, it would be Tachikaze

No Caption Provided

#5 Posted by InvadedTBD (939 posts) - - Show Bio

@limitlesssigil: i like sakanade too. It has one of the most unique abilities.

I picked Wabisuke as most underrated because in a verse that uses swords you would think doubling the weight of whatever it touches(which stacks) would be super op, but he was never really used to his best capabilities.

Also could you tag more bleach debaters for me.

#6 Posted by LimitlessSigil (2824 posts) - - Show Bio

@invadedtbd said:

@limitlesssigil: i like sakanade too. It has one of the most unique abilities.

I picked Wabisuke as most underrated because in a verse that uses swords you would think doubling the weight of whatever it touches(which stacks) would be super op, but he was never really used to his best capabilities.

Also could you tag more bleach debaters for me.

Sure, are you aware that Shinji's Bankai was revealed? It's extremely broken.

#8 Posted by InvadedTBD (939 posts) - - Show Bio

@limitlesssigil: yeah I heard it's super op but I haven't had a chance to read the light novels. It's definitely on my to-do list tho.

#9 Posted by Abc_voltage (74 posts) - - Show Bio

@invadedtbd: if someone stronger than kira had it then it would be very annoying

#11 Posted by FaradaySloth (7667 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol I don't really pay attention to zanpaukto that much tbh.

#12 Edited by LeoTheGreatest (3823 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Shunsui‘s Katen Kyokutsu is probably my favorite, from the abilities to the Zanpakto spirit itself there‘s nothing to dislike except maybe the blade designs.
  • Mayuris Konjiki Ashisogi Jizo- Matai Fukuin Shotai is really underrated it’s the perfect Bankai for a genius preper and the possibilities are are endless.

#13 Posted by InvadedTBD (939 posts) - - Show Bio

@abc_voltage: it should have been the most annoying regardless because every battle in bleach has sword battles where the swords clash multiple times, that is a given win for Wabisuke in any situation other than against people like Rangiku, Byakuya and Yumichika.

I just feel like he or rather his Zanpakuto was majorly underutilized in the series.

Also I like Katen kyototsu too. It is in my top 5 favorite.

#14 Posted by InvadedTBD (939 posts) - - Show Bio

@leothegreatest: Yeah Katen Kyototsu is cool, it's in my top 5 faves. The Zanpakuto spirits are dicks too how they are so Moody and only want to play whenever they feel like. I actually like the design tho, it was actually my favorite looking one in the SS arc.

I agree with you Mayuri as a whole is underrated, the guy is always prepared with some ass pull version of his bankai. Like the way he beat Szayelaporro or Pernida, never saw anything he had planned coming, the guy's adjustments mid-battle are insane.

Avatar image for fullmetalemprah
#15 Posted by FullMetalEmprah (3870 posts) - - Show Bio

Senbonzakura or Hyorinmaru for me.

#16 Edited by InvadedTBD (939 posts) - - Show Bio

@fullmetalemprah: yeah those 2 are very powerful, even though I feel like senbonzakura never really showed anything new after the SS arc but it didn't really have to it was already ridiculously OP.

Also which Zanpakuto do you think is the most underrated in the series?

#17 Posted by Abc_voltage (74 posts) - - Show Bio

Favorite - katen kyokotsu

I don’t really have a real underrated zanpakuto

( this is a repost I accidentally deleted my original post )

#18 Edited by ValorKnight (11651 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmmm. I'd probably have to go with either Katen Kyōkotsu or Sakanade. In terms of the most underrated Zanpakutō, it's definitely going be Tachikaze.

#19 Posted by ourmanuel (9463 posts) - - Show Bio

Katen Kyōkotsu is my fav due to its different abilities and the persona of the spirit itself.

Most underrated would be Konjiki Ashisogi Jizō

Lol, tachikaze isn’t underrated, it just sucks.

#20 Posted by Emperorb777 (10893 posts) - - Show Bio

My favorite is- Katen Kyōkotsu

Underrated- kyoka suigetsu

Avatar image for fullmetalemprah
#21 Posted by FullMetalEmprah (3870 posts) - - Show Bio

@invadedtbd: Yeah that's true, I just think the concept of Senbonzakura is really cool and not something you see every day.

For an underrated zanpakuto, for me it's Sode no Shirayuki. It's actually strong but its powers were generally brought out when Rukia was facing something like an Espada. I've seen some people(not really on here but elsewhere) bring up her fight with the Exequias leader to talk about its effectiveness but I mean, his powers honestly didn't impress me and I think she should have won that fight on her own anyway.

#22 Posted by InvadedTBD (939 posts) - - Show Bio

@valorknight: I agree Katen Kyototsu and Sakanade are pretty cool.

A lot of people here have called Tachikaze the most underrated, is it because of the destructive capabilities?

#23 Posted by InvadedTBD (939 posts) - - Show Bio

@emperorb777: why do you think KyokaSuigetsu is underrated I think it might be one of the most overpowered in the entire series?

Maybe on CV it's underrated? But the downplay here is at ridiculous levels.

#24 Posted by InvadedTBD (939 posts) - - Show Bio

@fullmetalemprah: I agree.

I will admit I used to think Sode no Shirayuki was pretty trash because of the dances and their range, along with the most beautiful Zanpakuto thing. But post royal guard training it became pretty powerful.

You are right she should have won that fight much quicker, he was very unimpressive. All he did was create more of the exequias iirc.

#25 Posted by grappolo (2922 posts) - - Show Bio

Technically not a zanpakuto but my favourite one is ichimonji, Probably the most underrated is sasakibe's zanpakuto, can't remember the name right now.

#26 Posted by InvadedTBD (939 posts) - - Show Bio

@grappolo: yeah ichimonji is one of the most hax Zanpakuto, it could literally change a Zanpakuto or anything else from what it is to something entirely different. Too OP.

Yeah that his Zanpakuto is pretty underrated, powerful enough to injure prime Yama. People hardly mention it tho and you don't really see him used on CV, I guess cuz he doesn't have to many on-panel feats.

#27 Posted by kroczilla (1790 posts) - - Show Bio

Favorite; Sebonzakura Kageyoshi. It's release always got me hyped when I watched the anime.

Underrated; probably Wabisuke. However, if we got by pure potential, I would say Haineko. It's a blade that turns into dust and can allow the user cut anything the dust comes in contact with. I'll let y'all do the maths.

#28 Edited by TheGrat1 (462 posts) - - Show Bio

Suzumebachi and Wabisuke. Their first releases are so unique and perfectly suit their users. Suzumebachi gets bonus points for the bankai completely different unlike some zanpakutou *cough*Zangetsu*cough*.

Hozukimaru is cool too.

Least favorite: Zangetsu. Generic attributes and the bankai form is the same as the shikai just smaller and with more powah. The shikai also looks better. A poor man's Tetsusaiga.

#29 Posted by InvadedTBD (939 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheGrat1: cool picks bro but the second question is which Zanpakuto do you think is the most underrated? Not least favorite.

#30 Posted by InvadedTBD (939 posts) - - Show Bio

@kroczilla: I agree haineko is highly underrated and should have been utilized more in the series, I don't even remember seeing her in the last arc.

#31 Posted by TheGrat1 (462 posts) - - Show Bio

@invadedtbd:

Wabisuke. That ability is op against anything that doesn't have Senbonzakura and Haineko-like abilities.

#32 Posted by InvadedTBD (939 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheGrat1: agree 100%. That's my most underrated choice too.

#33 Posted by RikuYamaha (1112 posts) - - Show Bio

one of the most strongest and the best one IMO is Sayafushi

No Caption Provided

#34 Posted by InvadedTBD (939 posts) - - Show Bio

@rikuyamaha: I liked that one too, so sharp it can't have a sheath because it would slide off. And it one-shot all the elite sternritters. Wish they would have done more with it.

Is that your favorite and the one you think is the most underrated?

#35 Posted by BlackLegRaph (5390 posts) - - Show Bio

In terms of design, Captain Shunsui's is my favourite.

I also like Byakuya's bankai, Senbonzakura Kageyoshi.

This isn't a bankai, but Yamamoto's release phrase is my favourite: "Reduce all creation to ash, Ryujin Jakka!"

#36 Posted by gabrielbelmont (678 posts) - - Show Bio

Ryujin jakka(Yama) is my favourite.

#37 Posted by RikuYamaha (1112 posts) - - Show Bio

@rikuyamaha: I liked that one too, so sharp it can't have a sheath because it would slide off. And it one-shot all the elite sternritters. Wish they would have done more with it.

Is that your favorite and the one you think is the most underrated?

its my favorite plus i think is the most underrated from the flashier Zanpakutos like yammas or shunsuis. don't get me wrong, i love those two but i think Sayafushi is one of the most underrated and most underused zanpakuto of all of the zanpakutos in bleach.

#38 Posted by InvadedTBD (939 posts) - - Show Bio
#39 Posted by InvadedTBD (939 posts) - - Show Bio
#40 Posted by gabrielbelmont (678 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for strongerthanrin
#41 Posted by StrongerThanRin (278 posts) - - Show Bio

user: Renji

stand: zabimaru

#42 Posted by InvadedTBD (939 posts) - - Show Bio
#43 Posted by InvadedTBD (939 posts) - - Show Bio
#44 Edited by AbstractRaze (2371 posts) - - Show Bio

Grimmjow's Zanpakuto is the best for me.

Pantera
Pantera

#45 Posted by InvadedTBD (939 posts) - - Show Bio

@abstractraze: 1st espada Zanpakuto in the thread, cool stuff.

Do you have a most underrated in the series!

#46 Edited by AbstractRaze (2371 posts) - - Show Bio

@invadedtbd said:

@abstractraze: 1st espada Zanpakuto in the thread, cool stuff.

Do you have a most underrated in the series!

The Pantera Zanpakuto is the pinnacle in terms of design, not an oversaturated design, neither too simple but very symbolic and aesthetical, that's what makes it an overstanding design above all other Zanpakuto in the Bleach-verse IMO.

PS:

The design has a lot in common with my perspectives and personality, like being direct, free from complexes, firm toward my ideals, being sharp toward any malicious opposition and be myself.

#47 Edited by BlackLegRaph (5390 posts) - - Show Bio

@invadedtbd said:

@blacklegraph: which do you think is the most underrated?

Probably Matsumoto's (vice captain to Hitsugaya). It's not big on destructive power, but it can be utilized in more sneaky ways .

#48 Posted by InvadedTBD (939 posts) - - Show Bio

@blacklegraph: Cool I agree they could have used her Zanpakuto in a lot more creative ways.