Favorite Walking Dead Characters (Comics/Game Universe)

Tellurian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Favorite Walking Dead Characters (Comics/Game Universe) (19 votes)

Rick Grimes 16%
Michonne 16%
Glenn 5%
Andrea 0%
Tyreese 5%
Abraham Ford 0%
Paul 'Jesus' Monroe 11%
Lee Everett 21%
Kenny 11%
Clementine 5%
Other 11%

Who is/are your favorite character(s) in the main universe? If they aren't on the poll, specify in the comments. Me personally?

1. Abraham - Absolute badass and well-written character. Kirkman used his time wisely.
  2. Jesus - Another great and overall fun creation of Kirkman's.
  3. Andrea - Remaining Atlanta 3.

• 
rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1 rogueshadow  Moderator
  1. Jesus
  2. Clementine & Lee
  3. Rick
  4. Tyreese
  5. Andrea

Liking Maggie more lately.

Tellurian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Jesus
  2. Clementine & Lee
  3. Rick
  4. Tyreese
  5. Andrea

Praise Jesus :)

But come on, Lee over Rick?

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 rogueshadow  Moderator

@rogueshadow said:
  1. Jesus
  2. Clementine & Lee
  3. Rick
  4. Tyreese
  5. Andrea

Lee's death got me in the feels too hard, man. I'm still recovering from that. If Rick gets an equally emotional death he might get the number 2. Or if he becomes Clem level adorable, which I doubt. Though I'd rather he just not die.

Tellurian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tellurian said:

@rogueshadow said:
  1. Jesus
  2. Clementine & Lee
  3. Rick
  4. Tyreese
  5. Andrea

Lee's death got me in the feels too hard, man. I'm still recovering from that. If Rick gets an equally emotional death he might get the number 2. Or if he becomes Clem level adorable, which I doubt. Though I'd rather he just not die.

Haha, I get ya (wasn't hit as hard, more pissed if anything). Basing my reception off journey's rather than ends which, I can give Lee the better narrative with Clem than Rick and Carl.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 rogueshadow  Moderator

@tellurian: I'm still kind of annoyed he died, season 2 suffered because of it. It was still good, but just practically, killing Lee was a big mistake in my opinion.

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Transformers1024

In no particular order

1.) Abraham Ford

2.) Rick

3.) Michonne

4.) Paul (Jesus) Monroe

5.) Negan

In all honesty though they're all extremely well written characters so it can be hard at times to pick favorites. Except Gregory, I just hate that a**hole.

Tellurian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: Agreed in the sense of S2's quality dipping as a result, but it would have just become another Rick and Carl thing. I understand they're approach/want for players to follow Clem... Though not as the protagonist or player. I assume Telltale's moving on in S3 with or without her.

Tellurian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In no particular order

1.) Abraham Ford

2.) Rick

3.) Michonne

4.) Paul (Jesus) Monroe

5.) Negan

In all honesty though they're all extremely well written characters so it can be hard at times to pick favorites. Except Gregory, I just hate that a**hole.

Jesus will die in the crossfire. He's passed his 40th (issue) anniversary.

God damn you Kirkman.

Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tellurian: I've thought about it and I think Jesus will wind up making it up until around issue 200. But then again Kirkman loves throwing curveballs in the comics; so he could die next issue for all I know.

Tellurian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tellurian: I've thought about it and I think Jesus will wind up making it up until around issue 200. But then again Kirkman loves throwing curveballs in the comics; so he could die next issue for all I know.

Gonna be a dumb death. Like I said, probably Gregory. Ugh.

Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tellurian: I really hope Gregory gets the same death that Glenn had.

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rick, Jesus, Glenn, and my boy Lee

Tellurian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Tellurian

@transformers1024: He lays a finger on Maggie you gotta imagine what Rick would do (now). I think a Glenn death would be appropriate and likely. After what he did to that guard.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 rogueshadow  Moderator

@rogueshadow: Agreed in the sense of S2's quality dipping as a result, but it would have just become another Rick and Carl thing. I understand they're approach/want for players to follow Clem... Though not as the protagonist or player. I assume Telltale's moving on in S3 with or without her.

I think Lee and Clem had a very different sort of connection though, because he wasn't his actual daughter. Lee was a uniquely beloved character in my opinion, not sure they can recreate that, it just seems like a waste more than anything, he only survived three and a half months. Clementine wasn't great as a POV player, in no small part due to the fact that it was a little contrived whenever they'd ask her to do something, it makes sense that you'd ask the six foot two, muscular professor with a commanding voice and an axe to do something. But an 11 year old? It just seemed a little silly.

As much as I love Clem, I hope they restart the next season with a new crew. Might be cool if they did a special on the Hilltop before they met Rick in a similar way that they did the 400 days. You could play as Jesus.

Which ending did you get btw?

@tellurian: I really hope Gregory gets the same death that Glenn had.

I hope he gets a dose of Michonne torture, I really hate that guy. Not sure if there's anybody I hate more in TWD, the whole milk thing... Jesus Christ he's pathetic.

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: I don't see them getting rid of clementine

She's THE character of the walking dead video game series

The video game is basically meant to be about her

I think I remember reading that the comic characters and game characters ARE NOT going to interact anymore

To answer the question

Lee >= Clementine >= kenny >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Everbody else>>>>> Larry>>>>>>> lily

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 rogueshadow  Moderator

@dbzk1999: I didn't mean interact, I meant a side episode about Jesus and the Alexandria Safe Zone before Rick ever encountered them, not part of the main game series, akin to the 400 days special. Clementine's kind of stale now, though I do love her, I don't really like playing as her and a lot of fans share the sentiment. I really felt like the ending to TWD was a book end, the fact they left it up to the player to decide the exact circumstances makes me think her story is done. I don't think they'd do that if they were continuing her story, it's impossible to have that much variation in the next game.

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Mike_Fowler

@rogueshadow: that's what I meant

I highly doubt they'd do that

Besides, I'm not saying they'll make her playable character

I'm saying she'll still most likely play a huge role in season 3

Saying it's impossible is a bit of an exaggeration don't you think

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 rogueshadow  Moderator

@dbzk1999: It's an embellishment, it is possible, but for them to follow up every storyline ending, one ends with Kenny alive and Jane dead, another with Jane alive and Kenny dead, one ends with her going by herself, another into the newly encountered group... it's incredibly difficult.

The only way would be to open the next season with her years later, or by herself with everybody dead, which would be a really bad way to go. It would be similar to Alien 3, rendering everything that happened in the previous title moot. Plus, it really felt like a bookend to me. I think we might play as Christa next season.

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Mike_Fowler

@rogueshadow:

Christa is most likely dead

If you don't help, she gets stabbed in the leg as you leave

If you do help, you hear screaming and then a gunshot as you run

You're basically wanting to forget everything that's happened up to s3.

Clementine is that connection to everything, the characters who made the game series what it is

Lee

Kenny

Clem

Carley

Everyone, you remove clementine, that makes EVERYTHING, seasons 1 & 2 truly moot

Just like twd comics/tv series is rick's story, twdg is Clementine's story

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 rogueshadow  Moderator

@dbzk1999: Not at all, their story is complete. We start a new story, it doesn't render it moot at all, that's just incorrect, starting a new story doesn't depreciate the value of another. If they do continue it, I'm not saying it will be horrible, but it feels complete. At the end of season 1 it didn't.

Also, being shot does not equal being dead, it would not be the first time a character has been seemingly dead in TWD. If there's no corpse, there's no death. First rule of fiction.

I'd rather see Molly come back to be honest. Christa just feels like a loose end for a reason.

Season one was Lee's story, season two was Clem's story. The brilliant thing about TWD is that everybody is expendable, Rick could die and I think he will one day.

Tellurian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Tellurian

@rogueshadow said:

@tellurian said:

I think Lee and Clem had a very different sort of connection though, because he wasn't his actual daughter. Lee was a uniquely beloved character in my opinion, not sure they can recreate that, it just seems like a waste more than anything, he only survived three and a half months. Clementine wasn't great as a POV player, in no small part due to the fact that it was a little contrived whenever they'd ask her to do something, it makes sense that you'd ask the six foot two, muscular professor with a commanding voice and an axe to do something. But an 11 year old? It just seemed a little silly.

As much as I love Clem, I hope they restart the next season with a new crew. Might be cool if they did a special on the Hilltop before they met Rick in a similar way that they did the 400 days. You could play as Jesus.

Which ending did you get btw?

Get what you're saying. I think a lot, lot more could have been established if they were given more time. However, I feel those establishments would simply act as more time, so I still stand by what I said about it becoming a Rick and Carl thing. They aren't family and yes, their connection could have kept growing into that, but once that happened, we would see Lee go through the same process Rick has. Losing someone close (Kenny, etc.), losing your mind, coming back from that and repeat... It's that father/son/daughter dynamic that ends up being the same thing over and over again. Even in Lee and Clem's case.

Agreed with the interactions. Episode 3 (S2) in particular. Ridiculous seeing guys like Kenny or Bonnie asking Clem to do such things. Telltale kept that game reliance on the player to a standard level in the first season. Went up quite a bit for 2.

I like the idea of a Jesus DLC or maybe one revolving around a community not shown (as Jesus pointed out to Rick). And about that community falling to the Saviors and one or more of those characters becoming the focus of Season 3 (venturing away from Alexandria of course)... That would be great.

Which ending? For 1, killed Lee. Couldn't leave him like that. For 2, I killed Jane, kept and left with Kenny. Others are irrelevant.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@tellurian: Agree they are similar, but I think there were places they could've taken it to keep it fresh. I did the same choices. I still hope Molly returns. That's the term I was looking for, DLC, lol, I knew it, but it escaped my mind.

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Mike_Fowler

@rogueshadow:

Christa seeming like a loose end I'm pretty sure is because telltale said something about how in real life some people you never meet again

That's why I think christa is dead

If rather take that than death for shock value

(Omid and Luke)

No more molly, I did not like her at all

Season 1 was arguably Clem's story

You're teaching her how to survive and morals, it was arguably about her

Obviously there was lee and him seeking redemption, but that was through taking care of clementine and watching her grow up

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 rogueshadow  Moderator

@dbzk1999: Clementine was an adorable mcguffin in season 1 in my opinion. The way they've played it so far, everything seems to tie back around somehow, the finale of season 1 was predicated on that. I'm not making an argument for it, I just think she's probably alive.

Molly was the best! This is not debatable!!!

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow:

I hate molly about as much as I hated molly 2.0 I mean jane

Tellurian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tellurian: Agree they are similar, but I think there were places they could've taken it to keep it fresh. I did the same choices. I still hope Molly returns. That's the term I was looking for, DLC, lol, I knew it, but it escaped my mind.

I think Molly will be back. Still don't understand why they made Jane an almost-duplicate of her. They do it again in S3 and they'll receive a big wtf from me.

Like, I'm fine with strong female characters - probably Kirkman's input, but I found it hard to differentiate those two. Thought Jane was Molly or they were purposely messing with us.

Tellurian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 rogueshadow  Moderator

@rogueshadow said:

Still don't understand why they made Jane an almost-duplicate of her.

@dbzk1999 said:

@rogueshadow:

I hate molly about as much as I hated molly 2.0 I mean jane

There's a conspiracy here.

But yeah, I agree. Jane was a much crappier version of Molly though in my opinion.

Tellurian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think they wanted another shot at a "Molly/Michonne" type. Like I said, will be the case for S3 too.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 rogueshadow  Moderator

I think they wanted another shot at a "Molly/Michonne" type. Like I said, will be the case for S3 too.

Jesus kicks all their asses anyway.

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wish luke was still alive

It should've been luke vs kenny

Not kenny vs jane

Tellurian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tellurian said:

Yup.

They're going to keep creating these runner characters tho. Watch out.

Tellurian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dbzk1999 said:

Not kenny vs jane

Amen. I legit would have gone Luke over Kenny. Well, I doubt Luke would do what Jane did to get Clem's attention, but if they were ever going to end up in a brawl, Luke all the way.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 rogueshadow  Moderator

@dbzk1999 said:

Not kenny vs jane

THAT would've been tough. With Kenny vs Jane I was like, 'pfft, bye Jane'.

@rogueshadow said:

@tellurian said:

Yup.

They're going to keep creating these runner characters tho. Watch out.

I hope the next one is a Jamaican Sumo with vitiligo, just for the sake of variety.

Tellurian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for spectacular_iceman
Spectacular_Iceman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like Jesus but he's been so "Daryl" for awhile. It's like we know he's a badass. He didnt have to take out all those Whisperers to prove it or anything else. We. Get. It.

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I like Michonne.
She is so badass.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@tellurian said:

@rogueshadow: Lol no, that's Jesus' successor for Rick.

I hope Jesus is around for a while now, I got sick of Kirkman replacing Rick's right hand men. I can't help but think that Lydia might spell Jesus' doom somehow, she's far too cunning.

Tellurian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: Same. I can't think of any other kind of right hand man Kirkman could whip up after Jesus. Unless he'll try to be "cool" about it and not replace him at all/for awhile so people can berate him about it.

Jesus has lived longer than Ty and Abe as of 134. It could happen any time now.

Tellurian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Tellurian

And yeah, Lydia's gonna stir things up. I have a feeling Carl will help her get someone killed (haha Gregory). Hopefully it doesn't come down to that and should anything bad happen it comes from those dumb parents so Maggie can shoot them.

Like I mentioned earlier tho, Jesus could die in the crossfire. Another pointless death.

DrF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 12

Man, It's either Lee Everett or Kenny. I voted Lee

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25