Favorite TV Shows RESULTS: Arrow vs. Young Justice

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

*Did you want to vote but you don't have an account? Well, what are you waiting for?! Signing up is beyond simple. CLICK HERE to register and then you'll be able to vote in all of our polls and join the countless discussions. Go on, make an account!*

No Caption Provided

We had a pretty interesting match for the community to think about this week. Yes, one is live-action and one is animated, but both have the same simple objective: to pull you into the DC universe and make you care about its characters. Both shows have aired 2 seasons and bring totally different advantages to the table. It's worth noting that both have featured our latest Character of the Month, Deathstroke, as well. Yes, they're drastically different in many ways, but that doesn't mean you can't prefer one over the other!

Voting has been open since Monday and one of these programs took a respectable majority and managed to keep a tight grip on the lead throughout the week. Arrow fans, Oliver Queen has something to say to you: "You have failed this show!" Young Justice wins!

No Caption Provided

Young Justice may have been cancelled far too soon, but it took a risk by focusing on lesser-known characters and did a terrific job putting their adventures and relationships front and center. The show was exciting, smart, and could be enjoyed by fans of any age. It managed to reel in characters from across the DC universe and always made sure viewers were entertained. If it wasn't offering a new and engrossing plot, it was enthralling us with big action scenes or focusing on what makes these characters standout. It's just too bad the series ended with one heck of a cliffhanger. But hey, maybe -- just maybe -- we'll be lucky enough to one day witness a follow-up.

Here's the poll's results. At least Arrow went down swinging and it looks like a fair amount of voters couldn't decide between the two shows.

• Young Justice 51%
  • Arrow 26%
  • I love both of them 20%
  • I'm not a fan of either show 2%
  • It brings me great shame to admit I haven't watched both and won't be able to before Friday 1%

The community has been discussing this match since Monday, so let's see what some of them had to say about it.

MrMazz

"Young Justice as a spiritual sibling to Justice League/Unlimitied and a quintessential Greg Weisman piece it showed just how well he and his crew understood how to tell serial/episodic stories with well drawn characters. Expanding its universe in the second season in ways most shows teen oreinted, live action, animated or otherwise just don't go for.

With Miss Martian perhaps becoming one of the most terryfing characters on the series, Episode 21 "Image" becomes so much more impactful with the context of season 2 and that's after it already brings up questions of identity and authenticity. Also shout outs to "Failsafe" an episode that tells you from the beginning what it is and still manages to make you invest in it.

Arrow expanded mightly in season 2 and came together by the end of season 1 and will likely surpass this show but for now it's Young Justice."

No Caption Provided

RogueShadow

"Arrow. Amazing stunt work and choreography for a TV show, the battle between Cyrus Gold and Arrow is one of the best I've seen, it genuinely looked like a metahuman was fighting. Also, people bash the acting and while there is some merit to that in certain characters, there are one or two really good performances with excellent character development. Moira & Slade are examples of this. Moira being the best in my opinion, her character was awesome and there were some really interesting layers to her. I also like the Nolanesque vibe of it, it forays too deep into cheesiness every now and then, but on the whole, manages to keeps it fairly muted for a CW show.

So yeah, I like Arrow more, though YJ was cool."

No Caption Provided

SynCig

"I love both of these shows so that is how I voted. Normally, I'd really break down the various aspects of the shows and pick just one but that was really difficult to do between a live action show and a cartoon. There are various strengths and weaknesses to each of those creative mediums that makes both Young Justice and Arrow very much their own thing. At the end of the day, I decided not to nitpick certain things about either and just throw my hat in for the love of both of these great shows."

No Caption Provided

Now comes the REALLY hard part, Viners. What's your favorite moment from Young Justice? If you can eventually choose one, be sure to share it with the community below! Don't forget to check the homepage on Monday for a brand new edition of this segment. If you want to suggest a future match-up (it can be comics, TV shows, movies, or video games!), tell us below or reach out via twitter.

Avatar image for life_without_progress
life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

Well, it's not like the results were unexpected

Nahuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I voted for a winner, finally!!

sasquatch888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

young justice was like a great dc animated movie that aired every week ...that show respected the hard core comic fan and didnt try to dummy down so much like ultimate spiderman or avengers assemble ...marvel should take notes ...arrow continues to expand and entertain ...i wonder if DC would cross over arrow gotham and constantine and arrow that would be tv heaven ...we could dream

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

LOOOOSER!!

No Caption Provided

RedAlert539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Great, another one. Now we are comparing a live-action solo tv show with an animated team-based one.

These silly excuses for provoking the fandom to get at each other's throat without reason are becoming a nasty trend.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

D@mn! Arrow just got shot.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@redalert539 said:

Great, another one. Now we are comparing a live-action solo tv show with an animated team-based one.

These silly excuses for provoking the fandom to get at each other's throat without reason are becoming a nasty trend.

Jumping to conclusions without reading the segment's history is also a nasty trend. The point of this segment has always been to celebrate what we love. This should make people compare and contrast the things they enjoy and reflect on them. Plus, no one has to choose because "Love both equally" is an option on the poll. If people step out of line, mods deal with it. But a few people potentially being immature and petty over what they enjoy shouldn't ruin the discussion for everyone else.

Avatar image for saiyan_earthling
saiyan_earthling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By saiyan_earthling

Yay! We won!

- Young Justice Abridged

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Please follow the rules in the future. Sure there's plenty of ways to express your opinion without blatantly breaking one of the most obvious rules (no cursing).

RedAlert539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@k4tzm4n said:

@redalert539 said:

Jumping to conclusions without reading the segment's history is also a nasty trend. The point of this segment has always been to celebrate what we love. This should make people compare and contrast the things they enjoy and reflect on them. Plus, no one has to choose because "Love both equally" is an option on the poll. If people step out of line, mods deal with it. But a few people potentially being immature and petty over what they enjoy shouldn't ruin the discussion for everyone else.

Well i apologize if i offended your post but such past endeavors have become to be pretty annoying with all the immaturity that spawned from the debates. Hence i'm coming out a bit grumpy. Let's hope that won't be the case here.

redwingx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By redwingx

Young Justice is far superior, not just in terms of voice acting but also writing. Also YJ's Black Canary>>>>>Drug addicted Laura.

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

#12  Edited By StMichalofWilson

Knew it

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator
Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Justice was served! :P

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Gracetrack

One of my fave moments from Young Justice has to be when Batman (mind controlled) still absolutely schooled Robin in one-on-one combat in the final episode of season one. Robin couldn't even track some of his movements at one point. For me, it really demonstrated just how far of a gap between the two there really is... especially considering Bats was mind controlled, and mind controlled characters are generally not operating at peak performance due to lack of free will.

Also loved Brent Spiner as Joker in episode 14 ("Revelation"). Thought he nailed it.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

Young Justice may have lost focus in the second season, but it still created a world where all the wonder and adventure from the comics could exist in a way that did't confuse the hell out of you.

One of my fave moments from Young Justice has to be when Batman (mind controlled) still absolutely schooled Robin in one-on-one combat in the final episode of season one. Robin couldn't even track some of his movements at one point. For me, it really demonstrated just how far of a gap between the two there really is... especially considering Bats was mind controlled, and mind controlled characters are generally not operating at peak performance due to lack of free will.

Also loved Brent Spiner as Joker in episode 14 ("Revelation"). Thought he nailed it.

Agreed, on both accounts.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Experio

Reasonable result

Avatar image for i_dont_like_comics
i_dont_like_comics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

awww. abs-man with bow lost. how can this be??

lb70145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Man, of all the episodes of Young Justice there one episode I have gone back to several times. That episode is called Downtime (Season 1 Episode 8). Something about the majority of the episode being in Atlantis was just amazing. The world building for the show was amazing and effective, and Downtime is a great example of that.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

I voted for loving both, really only because I wasn't feeling good the second season of YJ like the first season. First season was fantastic and I loved the characters, and while the second season was awesome I didn't feel it as much. Arrow overall wasn't as good as YJs first season but both of its seasons have been great. So I voted both.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

#22  Edited By SaintWildcard
stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can we get a kickstarter started for season 3 of YJ? Or Netflix to produce another season?

Darkseid_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Darkseid_Prime
No Caption Provided

Don't get me wrong I loved Young Justice especially the 2nd season, but it would seem that a solid portion of the 51% of the voters may not have actually watched 'Arrow' except for maybe a few episodes here and there..

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

I LOVE THEM BOTH SHOULD HAVE WON!

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 k4tzm4n  Moderator

No Caption Provided

Don't get me wrong I loved Young Justice especially the 2nd season, but it would seem that a solid portion of the 51% of the voters may not have actually watched 'Arrow' except for maybe a few episodes here and there..

It's up to you guys to support what you want to win! So you, sir, failed the city! :P

Lurkero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Lurkero

@k4tzm4n said:

@darkseid_prime said:
No Caption Provided

It's up to you guys to support what you want to win! So you, sir, failed the city! :P

Hey, man, I voted for Diggle.

I feel like there should be a follow-up poll asking people how much of each show they actually watched. I think Arrow doesn't get respect because it's not animated.

Avatar image for saiyan_earthling
saiyan_earthling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n said:

Please follow the rules in the future. Sure there's plenty of ways to express your opinion without blatantly breaking one of the most obvious rules (no cursing).

I'm very well aware of the rules, and I had a reason to temporarily break one of them. It was to make a reference to the Young Justice Abridged videos on Youtube, and because I liked Arrow more.

But then again, my apologies if you took it badly.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

Arrow is like as good as the final season of Smallvlle... meh.

I vote JY I loved that show.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Young Justice wins, one episode is all you need. "Failsafe"

Knightfall225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

arrow is a decent television show. It has a couple of good actors but the majority of them are horrible and some of their character portrayals have been pretty bad but there have also been a few good ones. The main problem with Arrow is that it has a CW feel to it. I think Arrow would be 10 times better on Fox or NBC which has better production. Young Justice deserved to win this