#1 Posted by noj (1400 posts) - - Show Bio

So like the title says what is your favorite single issue or one shot of all time. A generally stand alone issue that may have some ties to the over arcing plot as a whole but functions just as well on its own merits. Mine is the simply AMAZING Batman #666

No Caption Provided
#2 Posted by Duke_Nasty (1021 posts) - - Show Bio

Carnage Mind Bomb

#3 Posted by JediXMan (42477 posts) - - Show Bio

Men of Good Fortune.

#4 Posted by Strafe Prower (13013 posts) - - Show Bio

I honestly can't pick.

#5 Posted by Jotham (4577 posts) - - Show Bio

Off the top of my head, I'd say 1963 #1:

No Caption Provided

It would have been great to have a whole series based on this comic.

Of course, the famous "Silent issue" is also great:

No Caption Provided
#6 Posted by Glitch_Spawn (17181 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

Men of Good Fortune.

I applaud you sir!

This was an awesome story. The concept of living forever just because Death won't touch you is phenomenal.

#7 Posted by noj (1400 posts) - - Show Bio

@Glitch_Spawn said:

@JediXMan said:

Men of Good Fortune.

I applaud you sir!

This was an awesome story. The concept of living forever just because Death won't touch you is phenomenal.

That sounds interesting. Who wrote it and whats it about?

#8 Posted by JediXMan (42477 posts) - - Show Bio

@noj said:

@Glitch_Spawn said:

@JediXMan said:

Men of Good Fortune.

I applaud you sir!

Written by Neil Gaiman as part of the Sandman series. That issue was a oneshot, but the character in it appears throughout the series. Dream and Death decide to give Hob Gadling - just some normal guy in a 14th century pub. They make him immortal, and the deal is that he and Dream meet each other every 100 years to see if Hob changes his mind. It's actually a very good story.

#9 Posted by Cap10nate (3629 posts) - - Show Bio

Mine would definitely have to be Winter Soldier: Winter Kills. This is a great issue that explores Bucky's first Christmas after being freed from his brainwashing. It has some great moments with the Young Avengers and Namor.

#10 Posted by DoomDoomDoom (4403 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

@noj said:

@Glitch_Spawn said:

@JediXMan said:

Men of Good Fortune.

I applaud you sir!

Written by Neil Gaiman as part of the Sandman series. That issue was a oneshot, but the character in it appears throughout the series. Dream and Death decide to give Hob Gadling - just some normal guy in a 14th century pub. They make him immortal, and the deal is that he and Dream meet each other every 100 years to see if Hob changes his mind. It's actually a very good story.

Very good story is an understatement...I've only read the first two absolute editions of Sandman but this was the story that stood out most for me.

I really can't pick a single issue though, I can barely narrow it down to even three.

#11 Posted by coolguyr99 (3340 posts) - - Show Bio

All-Star Superman #6

Avatar image for they_killed_cap_
#12 Posted by They Killed Cap! (2268 posts) - - Show Bio

Worlds Funniest Mr. Mxy

#13 Edited by JulieDC (1286 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for thefirstlantern
#14 Posted by TheFirstLantern (1548 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by longbowhunter (9425 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman/Green Arrow: The Poison Tomorrow.

The Prestige format comic that is responsible for making me a fan of Green Arrow.

#16 Posted by VoodooPenguin (1191 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadpool #11 by Joe Kelly.
Wade and Blind Al accidentally time travel into a famous Silver Age Spider-Man story featuring Kraven. Lakeside Avengers are also in it.
It adopts the older art style in the past while keeping it's own in the present. It makes fun of everything it possibly could in 52 pages.
I've never laughed so hard for so long at ANYTHING in my entire life. I'm not even exaggerating. I was reading it late at night and had to eventually leave the room, in fear of waking others up.

#18 Posted by Deadgod (2206 posts) - - Show Bio

For the Man who has Everything by Alan Moore

Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
#19 Edited by Manwhohaseverything (3818 posts) - - Show Bio

@deadgod said:

For the Man who has Everything by Alan Moore

Obviously..I like that choice. :)

Truthfully, there are too many. In the old Flash Series, Flash #300 was very unique for it's time, and has been copied a few times since. If I thumbed through my collection, I'm sure there'd be at least 20 I could put down as contenders. A recent one I absolutely loved was Daredevil #7 of the current run.

#20 Posted by GeekBait (789 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by Veshark (10499 posts) - - Show Bio

Great choices here. I might go with Saga of the Swamp Thing #21 - The Anatomy Lesson. Horror masterpiece of mood and setting, that one issue. It has my favorite opening monologue of all-time.

Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
#22 Edited by Manwhohaseverything (3818 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark said:

Great choices here. I might go with Saga of the Swamp Thing #21 - The Anatomy Lesson. Horror masterpiece of mood and setting, that one issue. It has my favorite opening monologue of all-time.

Loved that issue. Loved the entire run, but that issue, when it came out, (though I didn't get a copy until a good 6 months later off a recommendation.) It was a real game-changer. Not just for Swamp Thing, but for DC in general. Welcome to the British Invasion, comics style.

#23 Edited by dagmar_merrill (12701 posts) - - Show Bio

Three Septembers and a January.

#24 Posted by pinecone1510 (1063 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultimate x-men #41 by Bendis and art by David Finch
Explores the worse case scenario of being a newly discovered mutant.A truly heart breaking issue featuring wolverine.

#25 Edited by jayc1324 (26422 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont think ive read one yet that i could truly say is my favorite. I prefer graphic novels/large story arcs

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
#26 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6518 posts) - - Show Bio

The Killing Joke, Batman Annual 1 (N52), Long Halloween #12, Swamp Thing: The Anatomy Lesson, or pretty much any issue of Hush.

Avatar image for cosmicallyaware1
#27 Edited by cosmicallyaware1 (7308 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow. Really? How about top five instead of just one?

#28 Posted by mr_gone (260 posts) - - Show Bio

love everything listed already. i'll add Watchmen #4 . Classic and a great representation of what this medium is capable of

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
#29 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (21616 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

#30 Edited by Combo-Man (228 posts) - - Show Bio

Thunderbolts Vol 1 issue 1 (1997) I think it's still the best first issue of a super-team book I've ever read.

No Caption Provided

or Amazing Spider-Man issue 347 I really love this issue. very nostalgic and it works as a stand alone issue.

No Caption Provided

#31 Posted by ANTHP2000 (26827 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting, I actually fail to think of a standalone issue off the top of my head.

#32 Posted by Morpheus_ (34427 posts) - - Show Bio

Men of Good Fortune.

#33 Edited by MAZAHS117 (12537 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

...First thing that can to mind. Love this issue and cover back when I was a kid

#34 Posted by PurplePerson (907 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably "Roulette," Daredevil 191.