#1 Posted by Raw_Material (3553 posts) - - Show Bio

Wats up Comic Vine fam, jus getting back into the comic book world as of late and missed the whole Rebirth era. If anyone is kind enough to explain the reboot and how that happened, I'd be stoked. Trying to get back on track with the issues, so like what the title says, what's your favorite comic series and/or story arcs thus far? My comic preferences are DC & Marvel Comics although you can add TMNT into the is one of my favorites as well. Thanks in advance for helping out!

#3 Edited by Yassassin (7701 posts) - - Show Bio

Hal and The Green Lanterns Corps

#4 Posted by righteous300 (3975 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke

Green Arrow

#5 Posted by Quinlan58 (1760 posts) - - Show Bio

Nobody (except Geoff Johns, I guess) really knows what Rebirth is, but it's not too intrusive yet, and it mostly only affects specific characters (Superman, OG Wally West). It's for the most part just a change in focus: bring in as much of the pre-Flashpoint universe as you can, with an emphasis on legacies.

The Great: Deathstroke, Nightwing, Trinity

The Flawed but Good: Superman, Wonder Woman

Recommended for fans: Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Aquaman

#6 Posted by King_Krown (1240 posts) - - Show Bio

Red Hood & The Outlaws. I love it.

#7 Posted by alexash (284 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightwing/Titans/Detective Comics

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
#8 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (16481 posts) - - Show Bio

1: Superman

2: Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps.

3: Detective Comics

4: Aquaman

5: Action Comics

#9 Posted by Raw_Material (3553 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (16481 posts) - - Show Bio

@raw_material: if you're going to go with JL read Justice League of America not the main JL. Trust me.

#11 Posted by MAZAHS117 (12700 posts) - - Show Bio

Hal Jordan and the GL Corp, Action, Detective, Wondy & Superman have all been really good I think

#12 Posted by ScouterV (7764 posts) - - Show Bio

I think some of the most interesting stories have started with Action Comics. Lex Luthor is fighting the good fight, we've seen Superman from across the Multiverse, and there's a Clark Kent running around who has everyone thrown.

Aquaman has been a more political book, focusing more on Arthur and the surface world. It's a bit heavy, but worth reading for the development of Black Manta.

Blue Beetle and Batman Beyond are pretty removed from things, but fun books. Beyond feels like a great tribute to the cartoon and has a lot of mystery and intrigue going for it.

Red Hood & The Outlaws is among my favorite books. Along with Teen Titans, it's my favorite team book at DC. The team is jarring at first, but Outlaws is worth reading. Teen Titans is off to a good start.

Deathstroke is one of the weirdest, but fun books. A little mix of political and family drama that shows how screwed the Wilson family is. Love it. Green Arrow is solid. It tends to lean a bit much on fanservice and Black Canary is a bit...bleh.

Suicide Squad is hit or miss, but the team is fun (though not likely to lose a member anytime soon so...) but has a lot of potential.

#13 Edited by comic_bruh777 (1695 posts) - - Show Bio

@ready_4_madness: which Justice league of America are you referring to the newer one where Batman puts his own team together or the one by Bryan Hitch with the main 7?

#14 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (16481 posts) - - Show Bio

Read the new one it's really good.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f
#15 Posted by deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f (6669 posts) - - Show Bio

@tvc-15 said:

Hal and The Green Lanterns Corps

#16 Posted by Farkam (12036 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman, always

Superman/Action Comics

Deathstroke

Teen Titans books (both Wally's and Damiens)

Trinity

All-Star Batman

Blue Beetle

#17 Posted by Raw_Material (3553 posts) - - Show Bio

@ready_4_madness:Thanks for the tip.

@tvc-15 Definitely gonna dive into Hal & the Green Latern Corps. Read Geoff Johns' whole run on the Green Lantern before The New 52 and a big fan of Hal Jordan.

@farkam I feel you on the Aquaman, always part. Same way. Jus ordered The tradeback for the first rebirth volume and the rebirth #1 issue over on Midtown Comics site.